Close

Phero Dude

Default Interesting twist on atomizers

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I\'ve been looking for quite some time for an ideal atomizer. Most are too large, nearly all are too feminine. I believe I have found the perfect atomizer though. For $15 on ebay, an atomizer that looks like a lighter. The spray is quite fine, and it holds (at most) 5 ml. I haven\'t measured, but I think it\'s somewhere between 3 and 5 ml. Best of all though, it doesn\'t look feminine! In fact, at quick glance, it simply looks like a lighter. There are a few more listed right now, but they\'re going for three times what I paid for mine. All in all, a good atomizer that\'s very portable, isn\'t effeminate, has a small capacity, and won\'t stick out if you just put it in your pocket.

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Interesting twist on atomizers

I\'m still looking for an atomizer that delivers drops instead of sprays. =)

**DONOTDELETE**

I got a model B800-A from
    http://www.atomizersking.com/

Very happy with its size, capacity (3mL) and spray pattern

https://www.atomizersking.com/Octagon/C800-01.htm

Regards,
    Ken

**DONOTDELETE**

Got a mini atomizer from some perfume sampler I found. Its about half the size of a pen, just as thin and holds about 2 evenings worth of cologne/phero mix. You can easily use it on a dancefloor even without someone noticing it (apart from the sudden colognesmell [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ).

Phero Dude

truth:
    Just out of curiosity.. What do drops get you that dabs don\'t, other than nothing on the fingertip? If you can deal with dabs, you can easily pick up 1/2 dram (something like 1.5ml) screw top vials. They\'re just like the chem set vials, only slightly smaller.

**DONOTDELETE**

I like drops because they\'re more consistent than a dab. There\'s some disagreement about how many drops there are in a ml of solution, but all reports have been between 30-40 drops. For dabs, there\'s a lot more uncertainty.

Phero Dude

I think I\'d sooner trust dabs than drops. You said 30-40 drops per ml. My syringes deliver ~200 drops per ml for EtOH solutions, for a delivery of just .005 ml per drop, or 5 ul.

As an aside to all, if you\'re serious about playing with your chem set, get to ebay and pick up some glass syringes with needles. You can easily mix up microbatches with whatever cologne you want, given how finely you can control the amounts involved.

Phero Enthusiast

Truth:

Trying to harken back to my days of Physics tutorials well over 20 yrs ago, but I believe the size of a droplet is dependent on the viscosity and/or surface tension of the liquid in question.

I believe that the more viscous the liquid (eg oil), the larger the droblet, ergo less drops/ml than a less viscous fluid (eg alcohol).

The above principle may throw people\'s mixtures out of whack if they\'re counting drops instead of measuring volumes. If for example you\'re measuring 7:3 of an oil: alcohol mixture via the droplet method, you would have a greater proportion of oil than alcohol wrt volume, ending up with perhaps 8 drops oil and 3 drops alcohol base.

I believe that using a 1ml diabetic syringe graded in 0.1ml increments would be ideal for mixing very small ammounts (5ml and lower).

**DONOTDELETE**

Well, I\'m saying that I prefer drops for easy application. I still prefer the syringe for mixing. I don\'t feel like using a micro-syringe for every application.

Phero Enthusiast

Truth:

Trying to harken back to my days of Physics tutorials well over 20 yrs ago, but I believe the size of a droplet is dependent on the viscosity and/or surface tension of the liquid in question.

I believe that the more viscous the liquid (eg oil), the larger the droblet, ergo less drops/ml than a less viscous fluid (eg alcohol).

The above principle may throw people\'s mixtures out of whack if they\'re counting drops instead of measuring volumes. If for example you\'re measuring 7:3 of an oil: alcohol mixture via the droplet method, you would have a greater proportion of oil than alcohol wrt volume, ending up with perhaps 8 drops oil and 3 drops alcohol base.

I believe that using a 1ml diabetic syringe graded in 0.1ml increments would be ideal for mixing very small ammounts (5ml and lower).

Phero Enthusiast

Oops...posted twice [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Phero Enthusiast

Truth:

Apologies, I see what you\'re referring to. Application as opposed to mixing. My post was referring to inconsistencies in mixing rather tham application.

With the exception of the JB#1, #2 and JBM#1 and JBDD mixes (where I prefer to use an atomiser for wide dispersal), I tend to agree that application by drop counter is preferable for individual preparations..

Thread Information