Close

Default What JVK TV appearance?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Several years ago I was filmed for a special on Kissing (working title was \"Slippery Blisses.\") One of the young locals recently recognized me at the gym from a showing of this special on satelite delivery of The Learning Channel. I never had the opportunity to see the finished product, and would appreciate it if anyone who has--or does happen to see it, provides me with info on the title and air date so I can order a copy of the tape.

I was filmed in the fragrance section of a large department store (Dillard\'s) in Las Vegas by a producer for the Canadian Film Board. Most likely the narrator has an english accent.

Also, the first person who manages to get a copy of this tape for me (before I order it) will receive an autographed copy of the hardbound \"Scent of Eros.\" Someone affiliated with Amazon.com is trying to sell these books (with no autograph) for $97.00, and they will probably turn out to be a collector\'s item. So, fire up those VCR\'s and watch for the Canadian version of The Learning Channel and for me.

Thanks,

Default Re: What JVK TV appearance?

I caught the very end of a clip that featured you on Discovery Health Channel (satellite), I believe it was, but the name of the show sounds the same. Unfortunately I wasn\'t really watching the show and just looked up in time to see your name and \"Scent of Eros\" before they moved on to something else. Also I didn\'t have the show on for the whole hour so there may have been other segments with you. What I saw was during about the last 10 minutes of the show.

Maybe if you check out discovery.com they may have some info. I think that website covers The Learning Channel and several others also (different Discovery channels).
    this link may help (below) I wasn\'t able to locate the Kissing show, it was a few weeks ago that I saw it, maybe part of the Sex Appeal series?http://health.discovery.com/schedule...ay&channel=DHC

Thanks for all the valuable info and insight that you provide for us.

Thanks Sophie,

I searched Discovery/TLC and came up empty.
    I wonder if their satellite programming is different than cable channel (and suspect
    it is). No idea how to info on satellite programming. Anyone else know about this?

Thanks, it looks like a good source for info, though I couldn\'t find any reference (even in the archives). Keep those suggestions coming.

**DONOTDELETE**

This might be of help, I think it is only weekly though [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    http://www.tripled.com/onsat/

Stranger

JVK,

You can go to the following site, http://www.nfb.ca/slipperyblisses/ and purchase a copy from them if no one else gets a copy to you.

[ May 17, 2002: Message edited by: Browneyedgirl ]

Stranger

Geez!!!! I finally got the URL right!!!

Browneyedgirl,

Thanks for your sleuthing efforts. I have recently learned that this program will again air on Discovery Health channel June 18 at 9pm Eastern. At least now I need not ask everyone whether they have satellite TV in an attempt to get someone to videotape it.

Thread Information