Close

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Phero Experimentation: Rapid Ratio Testing

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I have an idea for rapid phero ratio testing.

You can mix diluted phero mixes with -none, -nol, -rone, and A-1 with the same cologne and use the number of drops of each mix to set the \"ratio of the day\". With the chem kit pheros mixed 10:1 with cologne, you can probably wear up to 10 drops without overdosing. One day you might wear 5 drops A-1, 3 drops -nol, 2 drops -none. The next day, you might try 5 drops -nol, 2 drops A-1, 2 drops -rone.

This approach eliminates waste and the hassle of mixing up a new batch everytime you want to test a different ratio. However, with experimentation so convenient, you may need a log book to keep the data for each ratio straight!

Phero Dude

Default Re: Phero Experimentation: Rapid Ratio Testing

OK, I set it up. I now have .1mg/ml (dilluted with Everclear) bottles of every pheromone I\'ve got.

So how much do you use of different ones to get your best effects? Using the chem set as an example (1mg/ml):

How many drops of -none do you find effective?

How many of -nol? Of -rone? Of -dienone (A1)?

[ May 08, 2002: Message edited by: xvs ]

**DONOTDELETE**

I\'ll leave that question for others to answer.

So, where do you get Everclear? How does it compare to the ethanol in the chem kit?

Phero Enthusiast

Find Everclear at your local liquor store (not legal in all states). About $6 per half-pint. 95% ethanol. Great stuff - I mix with cocacola and drink to get DIHL on myself...

**DONOTDELETE**

It evidently comes in various strengths - here in Florida, it\'s still Everclear, but it\'s 151 proof - 75.5 % ethanol.

I really don\'t get it - you can hurt yourself with 75% ethanol just as easily as 95%. It just takes a little more...

The 95% stuff is more flammable.

Must be more smokers in Florida. Don\'t you love government protection?

Phero Dude

Actually, I could have used any kind of alcohol including $1.29 a bottle 91% isopropyl from the drug store.

But my question was: how much of each pheromone do you guys find to be effective?

Phero Dude

xvs:
    The commonly accepted amount seems to be .02-.03mg of phero per application. Your mileage may vary, invoice does not reflect actual dealer cost, I am not a lawyer, batteries not included, and all other disclaimers apply.

Irish:
    Thanks for the laugh with that everclear/DIHL line!

truth,
    I’ve tried that. And it works if you have the right concentrations. The problem is you can’t dilute everything to .1 mg/ml and get a good prediction of how the ultimate formula will work out. There seems to be some sort of paradoxical relationship between concentration and volume.

For example I begin to get OD reactions with five dabs of None at .1mg/ml whereas three dabs at .25mg/ml work great.

Also, in case anybody thinks that you can test your ideal dosage of each particular pheromone individually and then add everything to create the super mix, that doesn’t work either.

For example. I get lots of hits with two dabs of None at 50%. Four dabs of Andro 1 at 25% gets me lots of flirty reactions. One dab of straight Nol (100%) gets some pretty giddy reactions. But I\'ve tried the mix of 1 None : 1 Nol : 1 A1 at three different concentrations (.5, .25, and .1 ) with no decent results.

On the other hand, I’ve found that once you’ve found a great mix you can use the same ratios, with individual pheromones (at optimum concentrations), for great “cawwoting” effects.

For example... I have good luck with a mix of 4 parts Nol and 1 part everything else. But I can get super results if I apply two dabs of Rone at 25% in my pits, two dabs straight Nol (100% no cologne) on my chest, two dabs Andro 1 at 25% on my neck and one dab None at 50% between my wrists.

(Paradoxically, three dabs of the 4111 mix is ideal for me. Four dabs is pushing it and five dabs is a bad OD. But this “cawotting” strategy adds up to the equivalent of seven dabs, without OD.)

[ May 08, 2002: Message edited by: a.k.a. ]

**DONOTDELETE**

Wow, a.k.a., you sound like you\'ve done some serious testing! You describe a very complicated picture. I\'m trying to simplify it by getting the total amount of pheros right without regard to concentration, but I agree with you that concentration matters. For instance, 1 drop of 1 mg/ml solution does not get dispersed much as 10 drops of 0.1 mg/ml solution.

Your observation that \"I begin to get OD reactions with five dabs of None at .1mg/ml whereas three dabs at .25mg/ml work great.\" is consistent with that idea.

If we could just get the right amount of molecules in the target\'s nose....

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by truth:
    Wow, a.k.a., you sound like you\'ve done some serious testing!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I\'m a phero geek, and I need to find a real hoby.
    [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

hmmm...

So if dispersal is what it\'s all about, I can get away with my \"cawwoting\" because some of the stuff has to seep through my clothing and the None is only coming from two spots.

hmmm...

So maybe if I changed the concentrations and added more aplication points so that lots of Nol was dispersing, I\'d get giddier reactions.

**DONOTDELETE**

xvs, at first, I really liked your idea of diluting everything with everclear, but wouldn\'t so much alcohol in every application cause some scent problems?

Phero Dude

No, because it all evaporates within about 3 minutes.

Thread Information