Close

Thread: Is it placebo?

Default Is it placebo?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I\'m reading posts with people who claim success and people who claim that there is absolutely no difference.

Can anyone truly know if the pheros caused stares at you or they were the reason why you get smiles or are being nice?

Using pheros at clubs? That\'s not a testable area. The whole nature of clubs is to meet or get with strangers. People bump and grind at clubs all the time with people they don\'t know. How can a test there prove anything except maybe there are lots of horny people there and you just happen to be there at the right place and time.

Do you suppose you get smiles because you are looking for it. When you walk at a store looking for smiles, you are looking directly at peoples faces and not down at your shoes. I don\'t know about you guys but when someone stares at me directly at my eyes, I\'m going to acknowledge or smile back just to be nice, not cause I want to get laid. It\'s all about body language and communication there, not pheros.

Am I doubting the products? No. But I sometimes do doubt some of the claims. Successful hits are very hard to notice if it\'s from pheros or maybe you just looked good that day. Maybe you were having a good day and in your head, a woman who flirts for a sec gets all blown out of proportion in your head and you attribute it to pheros.

It\'s tricky and I just wanted to share my thoughts.

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Is it placebo?

A legitimate question, BUT, if you have ever had any number of hits, of various types, there would be NO doubt in your mind that the pheros do something other than what they do to your mind.

**DONOTDELETE**

Marvellous puts it right I think. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Franki [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

Indeed. There are lots of things that happen while wearing pheromones that one can wonder about - then something so outrageous happens that you can only shake your head and know the pheros must have done it...

Concur - lot\'s of times it could be just your own edition of reality (a placebo) but there are times when a hit is unambiguous, extraordinary, and otherwise unaccountable.

[ May 06, 2002: Message edited by: Whitehall ]

**DONOTDELETE**

In my opinion, the most conclusive evidence that I have that pheromones do effect women is the DIHL. Simply said this has to be the most unusual response I have ever had from pheromone use. And for those that might argue the reason why she gave the DIHL was because she OD on the smell of either phero\'s or cologne? That simply isnt the case in my expirience, she became very chatty, comfortable and asked me to see her again. A girl doesnt ask a guy out if she has been offended by his scent.

Unless you have expirienced the DIHL, you could be led to believe that phero\'s work as a placebo. However, once you expirience it, and you cease to become a skeptic.

To be honest, I dont use Phero\'s everyday, and in all I have only used them about 3 or 4 times. And it was the first time I used them that I got the DIHL.

Im not sure what is in those excite wipes, (my first use was together with PI/m + 1 wipe) but what I found strangely interesting was even after I opened the foil packet, used and thrown away the wipe, I felt compelled from time to time to smell the empty foil wrapper that was left on my desk. The scent comming from the empty foil packet was strong even after 5 days. Now, im no glue sniffing school kid, but there is something \"addictive\" in those excite wipes that Dr Dodd is not telling us about.

I ordered PF to see if it gives me the same buzz.

Yeah, I do find some kind of addicting quality to those excite wipes. I like the smell. I had just got my PF not too long ago, while it does create a good buzz, I\'m not sure if I like the smell as much. If you ask me, it\'s smells like some sort of wine. That grape like wine smell.

**DONOTDELETE**

Lee, thats it! wine! actually its across between wine and human sweat. It\'s the most bizarre scent. Like I said, I felt compeled to sniff the empty packet from time to time. Now, I don\'t know if it was the actual fragrance that made me do it, or something Dr Dodd has put in it thats kind of addictive? All I can say, I have a very large collection of fragrances, issy miyake, gucci envy, etc, however, I have never sniffed any of those unless I was about to wear them.

There is something definitly in those excite wipes that is most appealing to me. And since I got my only DIHL while wearing excite, im sure it had something to do with it.

I find the hair flipping to be the most reliable sign of a pheromone hit. A female can do that anyway, but pheromones seem to take it to a higher plane.

**DONOTDELETE**

I wore pheros and visited a tenant above me and since she is familiar with me I was looking for some kind of tell. Eventually I noticed she was playing with her hair, and by the time I left (after about 5 min.) her hair was completly different than when I arrived. The hair flip is a dead give away. Would she have done this without the pheros? I have been around her in the past and she had not acted this way. Placebo I don\'t think so.

**DONOTDELETE**

Placebo? Women like me after they\'ve known me for awhile. Most times women don\'t give me the chance to get to know me. After I started using Pheros women treat me differently. It\'s not that I didn\'t notice, it\'s that it didn\'t happen. Women usually start out hating me and eventually find out I\'m a cool guy (I\'ve made many women friends that way), but you have to know them limiting my chances of dating to work and friends. Not good. So pheros do work. No doubt.

**DONOTDELETE**

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Phero Enthusiast

Of course anecdotal evidence isn\'t scientific proof, but till science catches up I gotta live in my world. And in my world pheros work. I don\'t think it\'s placebo, cause I started out very skeptical and very self-conscious about the phero smell. If anything, psychologically I was worse off! But the reactions from women were simply nothing I had ever encountered in adult life, since body-building college days anyway.

Until I tried pheros I had never seen DIHL, rarely had women initiate conversations, never seen women flipping hair like crazy, women giving me their ph# without me asking…certainly never had casual acquaintances hang all over me and proposition me - all this since pheros. I work at being social and have always been able to develop relationships with women, but it took time. The reactions I get from women wearing pheros are immediate, and seem different than what I previously have experienced. And in the beginning I was doing nothing special when I tried pheros - not dressing up and probably somewhat withdrawn and nervous about the whole thing.

Can I prove this to you? Probably not. But there\'s enough science out there to convince about anyone that these compounds have SOME kind of physical effect. Even if it\'s just getting you some extra attention, that\'s something (I think it\'s more, but…). And even if it\'s all placebo and in my head, I\'m ok with that too since the differences are so dramatic for me.

Of course you\'ll have to have some minimal social skills - we guys might not approach the most gorgeous woman in the world if she was giving off some scary vibe - why should we expect women to swarm us even if pheros work? Hell, a woman could think you\'re the most sexy thing in the world and still not approach you out of shyness, social correctness, etc. So pheros won\'t substitute for all social effort. It\'s still socially expected for men to initiate things with women…but the pheros sure make it easier for me in my experience.

Thread Information