Hello Forum Folks;
I have a request to post and open to discussion as need be.
Up to now I have never used materials posted on the forum for marketing purposes. I get quite a bit of e-mail praising this or that product or the customer service (pat pat on the back), and I have been using some of those as testimonials for advertising purposes (removing last names or converting to initials to protect the writers identity), but I have never done this with forum posts. What would you folks think about my doing that?

This would probably mean snipping out a couple lines praising a particular product, and publishing it on the website or any number of possible ad materials with an initialized version of the writer\'s forum name. If everybody is pretty much cool with that, for legal purposes, I would probably put a notice to this effect in the forum FAQ somewhere for future reference. If the general feeling is that this would be an invasion or otherwise sleezeball thing to do, I or some other authorized person might privately write to forum members asking individually for permission to use part of a particular post, but otherwise it would not happen. One other possibility would be to form a list of forum members who don\'t mind having their posts quoted for commercial purposes and limit the snipping to their posts.

What do you think?

Bruce