Close

King of the coupons!

Default APC & NPA/APC & PI USERS....HELP PLEASE

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I\'D LIKE TO SEE WHICH COMBO WITH APC WORKS BEST IN THE USERS OPIONS. IF YOU USE APC WITH NPA OR PI, YOUR HITS/ASSISTANCE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. I HAVE APC AND BOTH, NPA AND PI, AND WANTED TO ROLL THE DICE ON WHICH I SHOULD USE ON THE CLUB SCENE THIS WEEKEND. THANKS [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Default Re: APC & NPA/APC & PI USERS....HELP PLEASE

DUKEY,

Welcome to the board!
    I\'ve seen posts where guys said that PI didn\'t mix well with APC. I tried a really small batch, 14 drops of APC and 6 drops of PI, but I didn\'t notice any separating of the products.

I\'d still go with the NPA. It always mixes well, and there\'s the added benefit of the secret ingredients that PI doesn\'t give you.

The only way you can go wrong with NPA is using too much of it or using it with inadequate fragrance cover. For these reasons I recommend increasing the APC content of the mix (from the standard Jambat #1 ratio of 7:3) to 3:1 or 4:1, APC to NPA.
    The phero scent of NPA will outlast the fragrance of APC even at these ratios, but at least you\'ll be giving the APC a fair shot at covering NPA\'s A-None aroma.

Good Luck!
    Oscar [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

King of the coupons!

THANKS WILDE OSCAR!

**DONOTDELETE**

There appears to be two formulas for unscented PI - one in a mineral oil type base and one in a glycol-type base. I have a bottle of each. The glycol type will mix with the APC, as APC is also glycol based.

**DONOTDELETE**

While we\'re on the topic of APC, anyone noticed the similarity of the smell of APC to that of Coolwater? I bought my first bottle of Coolwater last night at Sam\'s and it smelled mightly familar.

Which leads to an interesting hypothesis - JB#1 - most common complaint (after \"it doesn\'t work for me,\" of course [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] ) is that the APC cover fragrance fades too fast. How \'bout adding some Coolwater to it? I\'d try it, but I\'m one of these it doesn\'t work for. I\'ll probably try it anyway...

[ April 21, 2002: Message edited by: BassMan ]

BassMan,

I\'d be curious to know if there was any way to differentiate between the two PI formulae, like differences in label fonts, bottle or lid types, hallmarks or whatever. On the bottom of my bottle is a stylized logo that is either \"TS\" or \"75\", I can\'t tell. And below that is the number \"5\". I think I bought it in July 2001.

Assuming the carrier change was intentional and permanent, which one is the newer version?

Another question. Does Cool Water undergo a fragrance turn-around the way APC does? Or does it start out smelling like APC does AFTER \"the change\"?

Oscar [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

A way to differentiate the two PIs: the glycol will disolve in EtOH, mineral oil won\'t. That\'s how I figured that there was a difference. I kept reading about the stuff not disolving in cologne and thinking, \"that\'s odd, mine disolves just fine.\" Then I bought a second bottle and it was obviously in a different media - it just felt different, along with no longer disolving in alcohol.

Which is newer? Dunno. I got the glycol first, the mineral oil later, but both bottles were returns, bought through the Forum Club.

APC vs CoolWater. I just got the Cool Water yesterday, so I haven\'t worn it much. They smell much the same when you first put them on. I will have to try wear them both at the same time and see if they age the same.

[ April 22, 2002: Message edited by: BassMan ]

**DONOTDELETE**

What\'s better to mix with APC, NPA or PI? I\'ve been using APC for a few weeks and saw some results, but I heard that the -none content was pretty low, and I would like to make it a more concentrated formula. I have a .5oz bottle, and a 1oz. bottle, how many drops in either bottle will be effective to get better results? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Jaeger,

That\'s just about the same question that started this thread. I\'ll stand by my earlier reply favoring NPA, but add that it may not be a good idea to try to jack up a whole bottle of APC with NPA all at once.
    Make small batches and experiment to see what works for you. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Wearing the same scent day after day gets old. You may want to try NPA mixed with another fragrance at some point, and if you\'ve dumped it all into your APC, it\'ll be time to get you wallet out and wait for still another order. [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Oscar [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

Oscar:

Thanks for replying! I\'m gonna go for the NPA/m, Primal may have a higher content, but the secret ingredients in the NPA make it more appealing. LOL I\'ll probably add a few drops of NPA to the APC, and save the rest of the NPA to add to my other colognes. NPA isn\'t expensive, hell, I\'ll get a few! lol Anyway, thanks again for your help. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thread Information