Close

Stranger

Default DHEA vs Pregnenolone, increasing natural pheromone output

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Hello everyone,

This is my first post so I hope I am forgiven if this subject happens to have been discussed extensively (which I doubt), I've been looking through the search results and the only thing that comes close is this post from 2003 http://pherolibrary.com/forum/showthread.php/5338-DHEA-S-Need-to-Knows?highlight=pregnenolone

Since this research is almost 10 years old I'd like to see if there's an update 101 to this.

Both DHEA and Pregnenolone are precursors to the neurosteroid hormones in the body. Ingesting them has shown to increase natural pheromone output and as I believe in increasing natural output as much as possible and complimenting with artificial ones this seems to be very interesting indeed.

So, am I right in assuming that taking both DHEA and Pregnenolone at low doses (5-10mg/daily) should prove an efficient way of achieving just that?

Is there any more modern studies on the risks of taking higher doses ?

Anything that increases testosterone levels is going to increase pheromone output. DHEA has been shown to do that if I'm not mistaken. Myself, I take it every day along with herbs that have been shown to help in that endeavor. That with a good workout at the gym; good diet seems to work for me.
    To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene
    Fair Trade crafts from Peru

Journeyman

I increased my natural pheromone output when I took steroids (methandienone), also after I stopped taking them there was a period of one-two weeks where it seemed the effect was even stronger, another time was when I took isotretinoin which inhibits production of sebum on all of my skin, and another time when I bathed after not washing my self for two weeks.

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

In fact this has been discussed extensively. You'd just have to go back some years. DHEA will increase -rone. It will increase T very slightly, depending on what your body needs. Preg is a precursor but by the time all the reactions take place, you end up with very little T. There's nothing I just said that wasn't said here before. When I experiemented with DHEA, I found a very small dose helped best for pheromones, at least. You can smell the extra mones on your skin quite clearly.
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

Stranger

Quote Originally Posted by DrSmellThis View Post
    In fact this has been discussed extensively. You'd just have to go back some years. DHEA will increase -rone. It will increase T very slightly, depending on what your body needs. Preg is a precursor but by the time all the reactions take place, you end up with very little T. There's nothing I just said that wasn't said here before. When I experiemented with DHEA, I found a very small dose helped best for pheromones, at least. You can smell the extra mones on your skin quite clearly.
    Ok, thanks !

So, maybe using both in low doses would be best then ?

Or would you recommend using only DHEA ?

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
    Ok, thanks !

So, maybe using both in low doses would be best then ?

Or would you recommend using only DHEA ?
    I personally don't use preg, just to avoid the female hormones. It's a fairly global precursor, and lots of different hormones can result, depending on your body's response. There are certainly some who like it, though. I suggest doing more reading. When I used DHEA it was just 5mg, the minimum available dose, and I would add a saw palmetto capsule per 5mg to help prevent the hair loss that can sometimes increase with an intake of male hormones.

For bodybuilding people generally take higher, but I think, again the amount of T boost you get depends on your body's needs or propensity to convert DHEA to T.

But for pheromone purposes, I could smell the body chem change with the minimum dose, and felt like if I got any reaction it was as good or possibly best with the minimum dose. I currently don't use the stuff at all, though, and would never recommend you or anyone else do so, since I'm not that kind of doctor.

There are also two varieties. I believe one is called DHEA-S, and I think I remember concluding that DHEA-S had some advantages over the more common variety for our purposes here, in terms of the resulting chem reactions and conversions.

Again, these are some of the topics that have been discussed over the years here. Some may be available through searching the forum, I'm not sure.

What I do recommend is studying those things further, with some of this in mind.
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

Thread Information