Close

Phero Dude

Default Phero database: Anyone interested?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I\'m working on a little therapy project right now. It\'s a simple phero db, but it\'s fairly complete. It logs pheros, products (and their phero content), mixes of products/colognes (and their total phero content), colognes and their designers, and pulling it all together, a log of date, mixes, products, activity, hits, and hit notes. One of the nicer features is that for a mix, it shows concentration by phero, even if the ingredients include products with multiple pheros. You can also play \"what-if\" by adding more, less, or different products into a mix.

Like I said, this is a therapy project. I\'m a developer, so I like doing this sort of thing in my free time. I\'m still doing the data model for it, so I have a choice in what to program the front end in. I can either stick with Access (ick!), or I can do it in C#/VB.NET (yay!). Since other people might be interested in using this, I figured I\'d ask whether it matters one way or the other. The advantage to Access is that it\'s a single file to run. The disadvantage is that you need to have Access installed. The advantage to .NET is that the coding\'s much simpler for me. The disadvantage is that you need to have the .NET runtime installed, a 20.4 mb download and also requires win 98, me, nt4, 2k, or xp, only slightly less flexible than the requirements for Access.

It\'s my project, so it\'s my rules. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I am willing to listen though, if anyone else would be interested in using this.

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Phero database: Anyone interested?

I\'m game for C#/.net if you can provide me a link to download the necessary stuff.

**DONOTDELETE**

That sounds like a great idea! That would save some time searching through the posts to find one little fact on a particular product, and serve as a bit of a FAQ for newbies. Not that it can substitute for a newby reading all the prior posts, but it would serve to help in initial product decisions...would have helped me at least. So, carry on gents.

Phero Enthusiast

Sounds like a terrific idea. Wonder why no-one thought of something like this before. I know how labour intensive it is to trawl through the forum entries to find one small snippet of info you\'re looking for, and in the end just posting a query.

C or Access? Hmmmmm? I have Access installed, but I\'m easy. Not sure if I have .NET runtime, but I\'m sure it can be downloaded from Microsoft I think.

Thread Information