Close

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Androstenol - Pig Phero???

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Why are androstenone and androstenol called pig pheromones? So what is in SOE, and NPA for example. Am I getting my compounds mixed up? There is a thick cloud around my head... [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

See this page:
    Perfumery and the Sixth Sense

P.S. And if these are indeed the same compounds, why are we using pig pheromones that have been shown to not operate on our VNO?

[ March 27, 2002: Message edited by: Dragon ]

Phero Enthusiast

Default Re: Androstenol - Pig Phero???

These pheros are produced by pigs and are clearly pheros for them - you can buy the stuff from ag supply houses to aid artificial insemination of pigs.

These chemicals are also produced by humans in glands that develop at puberty - and everyone following this forum pretty much believes they are human pheros too. There\'s some scientific controversy about whether there are human pheros at all, but if there are, then these chemicals are the likely suspects.

Pigs and humans have these chemicals in common - we both produce them. No surprise - we are both mammals producing testosterone, and these chemicals are by-products of testosterone.

The paper you mention is emphasizing the pig connection cause it is promoting another chemical that they claim effects the human VNO, and nol and none don\'t. But that chemical happens to be produced by pigs too...

[ March 27, 2002: Message edited by: Irish ]

**DONOTDELETE**

Someone should do a test to see if andro-1 acts as a pig pheromone too. VNO tests would also be interesting. Well, andro-1 is the most prominent androgen in human sweat. If I recall, andro-1 is not the most prominent in pig sweat though.

Enlightened One

AndrosteRONE is definetley a human pheromone nont none but rone and nol is in there as well.

Test have been done on human sweat and guess what all these androgens have been detected and a lot of governments regulate its use.

On another note DHEA (Rone in internal supplement form) is available from most health food shops drug stores chemists etc.

So its not surprising that it does work in humans also testostrone is present in humans so pheros must be as well (SIMPLE LOGIC) just not that well known.

Thread Information