Close

Default Amount of NPA to add?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Just wondered if you are meant to add all of the 5ml to a bottle of aftershave/cologne, or do you just add a certain amount depending on the amount of aftershave/cologne (100ml for example)?

Phero Enthusiast

Default Re: Amount of NPA to add?

if I were you I\'d start by applying a few dabs of the NPA to your skin, and adding some cologne in nearby areas, but idealy not directly on top of the NPA. the idea is the scent of the cologne will still cover the NPA scent but the NPA\'s -none will still be floating around in your phero signiture and able to effect any nearby people.

IIRC the ratio for cologne to NPA if you do mix ( and I suggest makeing a small batch first) is something like 1:4 with Issey.

anybody know any good U.K. / europe cologne retailers who sell minatures BTW? cant find any of the recomended stuff ( D&G issey etc: ) in my local stores, and the first company I tried to order from seem to be oblivious to the order I placed or E-mail comms, must have died :-/ .

For small bottles, try eBay.com - I\'ve gotten several sample or miniature sized colognes at reasonable (or better) prices there. For example, got three sample vials of Minotaure, for $10. Its a great scent, very high quality but now no longer manufactured. Got two vials of Creed Green Irish coming for $16 where a regular, small bottle will retail for $90 to $120. That makes it a great price per ml. I have seen several offerings of the D&G for men on eBay at competitive prices (~$10). I\'ve also found Musk2 Aftershave there (Jovan\'s discontinued \'nol product) and I\'ll keep looking for Andron.

As for D\'Issey, I haven\'t seen a miniature or sample vial anywhere I\'ve looked so suspect that they didn\'t distribute any. Given Oscar\'s expert recommendations, I\'ll keep looking.

For mixing, I\'ve found that something closer to 2:1 cologne/NPA makes more sense (scents?) to me but maybe I\'m using more concentrated colognes.

A recommendation for day-time use with NPA is Eau Sauvge by Dior. It has a lemon top note that is well fixed by a vetiver base - it has a sharp/warm punch that lasts a long time and \"contains\" the NPA well.

Since I lost my nifty sprayer from Bruce at Chucky Cheese last week, I\'ve gone to roller bottles. I can get them at the health food store for $1.39 each and they\'re just like the SoE bottles. They don\'t over-spray and they contain the contents better as they seem to have a tighter seal. Hope the finder of that lost sprayer uses it wisely!

**DONOTDELETE**

Whitehall, what health food store did you get the roller bottle?

Teak, I asked the same question when I first got on this forum. It seems so simple to just dump the whole NPA bottle into a cologne bottle. However, everybody on the board told me not to, unless I was sure that I have the \"magic potion\" for me. Of course, now I see that most members of this forum would never stop experimenting, even if they did hit the magic potion. Yeah, it\'s fun experimenting with small batches, but I still dream about the day that I\'ll dump my magic batch of pheros into a big cologne bottle that\'ll last me for the rest of my life. =).

Phero Dude

Amount of NPA to add:

NONE

androstenone is what you want to avoid. It elicits negative responses from both men AND women.

**DONOTDELETE**

According to the study, -nol oxidizes into -none in about 20 minutes.
    If this is true, we would need to wash and re-apply -nol three times /hour.
    Many users (not me) have reported hits with -none.
    Finn

**DONOTDELETE**

According to the study, -nol oxidizes into -none in about 20 minutes.
    If this is true, we would need to wash and re-apply -nol three times /hour.
    Many users (not me) have reported hits with -none.
    Finn

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by xvs:
    Amount of NPA to add:

NONE

androstenone is what you want to avoid. It elicits negative responses from both men AND women.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn...so I\'ve been *imagining* all those hits? Thanks for clearing that up man...

Enlightened One

Ok folks another small test batch ( i had 2 mls approx of SOE left in my first order and i had approx 2 ml of AE left over so here is what i have done.
    Taken the roller top off the SOE (which is a great idea to avoid spillage like AE) anyway added the remaining contents of the AE. So i have a mix with a bit of none more rone and is still almost topheavy on nol. This is sort of what i figured is good for us 18-25 yr old males so i will try it out today. The usuall 4 or 5 1 inch swipes around the neck and 1 swipe on each wrists.
    Post results later but it does work well.
    Actually the musk and cool water scents go well together. Less in your face than straight SOE but it has a slight scent over the AE normal.

Dear Mr. Truth,

The roller bottle was available at Whole Foods in Los Gatos, CA. They also had glass sprayers in amber and blue as well as little dabber bottles.

Dear Mr. XVS,

As to \'none causing adverse reactions in others - this is true. It\'s happened to me and I\'ve posted it here. Still, I prefer \'none since it has the potential of getting a major sexual response from a female in heat.

Think about what it means to be a man. You take risks - sometimes you\'re rewarded, some times you take a negative hit. That\'s the game of life; if you don\'t play, you can\'t win. If everyone \"loves\" you, then no one really does.

Dear Mr. Finn,

Don\'t believe everything you read. Just because a \"scientist\" has published something doesn\'t make it so. At best it becomes dogma. Some \'nol may be transformed on skin contact but by no means does all of it do so within 20 minutes, at least with my skin in my experiences.

**DONOTDELETE**

Hmm... I couldn\'t find the \"roll on\" bottles at Whole Foods. I noticed some dropper bottles in the herb section but that was it. What section were they in?

Enlightened One

The SOE roller bottle makes a good storage once used and rinsed out as a storage for

Alter ego
    Primal instinct
    and all other oil based products like SPMO

Super primal musk oil which has nol but whether its lots of little we dont know.

Truth,

As to the roller bottles, they were in the essential oils section with the perfumes and candles, etc. If you can\'t find them, send me your address and I\'ll mail a couple to you, as a gift.

Also, I find that the best sprayers are used TE bottles. Not as elegant as Bruce\'s fancy metal ones (the ones that look like lipstick) but with a tighter seal and more controlled spray.

**DONOTDELETE**

I went to the site and ordered a dozen bottles - unfortunately, if you come into the site from the front, you see that they have a $50 mim order - so I emailed them and cancelled the order.

[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

Also, here you can find cheap roller bottles, 12 for $8 I think of the 1/8 oz variety.

1/8 oz Bottle

1/3 oz bottles

They only sell them by the dozen though. But I guess they\'re so cheap and if you\'re doing alot of mixing...lol, good luck Truth!

[ March 28, 2002: Message edited by: Dragon ]

[ March 28, 2002: Message edited by: Dragon ]

Phero Enthusiast

Sympatible: why do they market androstenone, if that is what you need to avoid, as a pheromone to attract women? Or am i missing something...pardon my ignorance.

**DONOTDELETE**

Androstenone is not necessarily the phero to avoid. It\'s not quite so black and white. \'None is seen as the phero to make you appear more manly, stronger, tougher. Girls like to feel safe with their man, therefore, it would be beneficial to seem bigger and badder. The problem comes with too much...you don\'t want to be scary, so much that girls fear you. Then it becomes a problem. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] &lt;--Like that

\'None is also what your promarily sexual hits will come from. The \'Nol will help to relax people around you and make them more chatty and silly, and the \'Rone will enhance the effects of these two.

[ March 29, 2002: Message edited by: Dragon ]

Thread Information