Close

Phero Dude

Default New method of finding "true love."

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Hi all...It has been a while since I have logged in and posted but I just found this article and thought I would share it here.

Have fun with it and discuss to your hearts content.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending...161640867.html <---the link to the article
    "The wages of sin is death.But after taxes it's just sort of a tired feeling realy." -Ellen DeGeneres

"page not found or doesn't exist..."
    The opposite of love isn't hate.
    It's apathy

Third time I tried it worked...

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending...161640867.html

news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/dating-trend-matches-singles-based-smell-161640867.html

New Dating Trend Matches Singles Based on Smell

By Melissa Knowles | Trending Now – Tue, Apr 17, 2012
    It's apathy

Phero Dude

I found it again and here is the link...hope this one works.

http://www.thedaily.com/page/2012/01...irt-party-1-3/

It seems to be patterned after one of the experiments I saw once where three guys wore t-shirts for three days and women were asked to judge the attractiveness of the three based only on sniffing the t-shirts.
    "The wages of sin is death.But after taxes it's just sort of a tired feeling realy." -Ellen DeGeneres

Hi Tim! Good to see you around again. I remember the article about the tee shirt tests froma few years ago and this party thing reminded me of it too. Sounds like fun, if gimmicky. But wouldn't it be more a way of finding true lust rather than true love?
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Phero Dude

Hey bel! Good to see your still kicking around here too. yeah, this was a test done quite some time ago and the results were quite revealing as I recall. As for true lust versus true love...you may be right about that...but if memory serves me correctly, women respond to certain men diferently depending on what stage of their monthy cycle they are in. So theoretically at least it could be a match made in heaven.

Love, lust... who cares. At this point in time I'll take what I can get...

And in just a few more days I will be surrounded by young girls in lolita outfits... Oh, my heart...
    It's apathy

Love, lust! I'm beginning to wonder about hte former andstarting to think settling for the later is the best bet. The problem for our civilization is that it does not last. In the meantime, it is a lot of fun.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by belgareth View Post
    Love, lust! I'm beginning to wonder about hte former andstarting to think settling for the later is the best bet. The problem for our civilization is that it does not last. In the meantime, it is a lot of fun.
    Bel, I don't think there have been many discussions on the topic. I'm finally giving it some serious thought on my own lately.

A. Lust: Hormonal mating thing (pretty standard stuff)
    B. Falling in "Love": Different from A to be sure, but still a hormonal thing; aimed at keeping couples together for raising kids (pretty basic stuff)
    C. "Real" Love: I almost think we need a new word for this, as it has been used so indiscriminately for so long. Beyond hormones (not so basic and perhaps few ever achieve it). Probably, in today's society, we have to ask ourselves "Why bother?" Lot of effort involved, but hey, might be nice having a partner like that.

Like Melvin the Giraffe in Madagascar said:
    "I LOVE YOU GLORIA. I ALWAYS HAVE!"
    "Like you love the beach,
    or a good book,
    or the beach."

Gloria is a hippo, btw.
    To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene
    Fair Trade crafts from Peru

Yes, it would be nice to have a partner like that. Does it really exist or is it just fantasy?

It was Melmin, by the way. Jeese, Bruce! If you are going to watch cartoons you need to get the names right. What would your kids think?

So, did he love Gloria for so long because she was inaccessible? What happened ten years later?

I hate to think what a cross between a hippo and a giraffe would look like. Wow! That's like a cross between a donkey and a dragoon. In the later case I don't even want to think about their sex life.

Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information