Close

Thread: NPA report

Phero Dude

Default NPA report

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Well, my first day of trying NPA...

How applied:

I applied it by putting my finger on the end of the bottle and turning the bottle over briefly, then wiping my damp finger on my neck and face. I did this three times.

Effects on self:

It may be a coincidence, but as I reported earlier I ended up in a rather bad mood. No \"pheromone high\" was observed.

Effects on others:

No noticable positive effects were noted. In fact, I found that women were responding much less positively to me than usual, on average.

Summary:

An entirely negative experience.

----

Has anyone else had experiences like this? Do you think I used too much? Not enough? What\'s up???

Thanks

Default Re: NPA report

I would recommend mixing or \"covering\" (apply the npa and then put a little cologne over the same spot) with cologne. I don\'t think that amount is in itself an OD, but I suspect it might be a bit of a shock dose for you as a newbie and got it too close to your face. Cut back the amount and apply only to wrists. Also, its sounds like you may be one of the 25% of males who can\'t smell pheros very well, and you may be getting some \"BO effect\" on those around you. Again, you need to either mix up some npa/cologne mix or cover the application spot with some cologne.

To sum up, I would cut back to a couple of dabs; one on each wrist, put some cologne on the spots and don\'t apply anywhere else. Try that and see what happens. Also, if you don\'t smell anything like \"BO\" or urine around where you applied during your first experiment, be especiallly careful. The stuff stinks on its own if you OD. If you can\'t smell it, you may even want to give yourself a good scrub in teh shower on those spots, just to make sure you get back to ground zero before taking off again.

Bruce

Phero Dude

Problem is: I don\'t wear cologne and don\'t want to.

If 25% of males can\'t smell the pheros, can females smell them at all? They can sense them (at least some of them, according to studies), but can they smell them?

Not being able to smell or taste things is not one of the attributes I seem to have. In genetics class, we were told to taste strips of blotter paper with chemicals on them that only a certain percentage of the population can taste. I was the only one who could taste all of them (all bitter).

I have some male friends with incredibly strong-smelling body odors. I find this one particular friend\'s odor to be overpowering and rather noxious. But women seem to think he smells good. I wonder if you and some of the other guys are just assuming that the smell they detect smells bad to women.

But no, I don\'t smell much in the NPA except the vague \"chemical/hospital\" smell that the woman I asked to smell it said she smelled too.

What amount would you use, undiluted?

Thanks

Sadhu
    I´don´t know I lost my compass,you have to go and check my old profile

I´m female and I can always smell -none loud and clear! even in AE. -none stinks like hell, I tell you!
    You really think men have better senses than women? [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Bruce is probably right that you are one of the people who cannot smell -none.

NPA is obviously the wrong product for you especially if you refuse (for whatever reason) to wear any type of fragrance. NPA is an additive especially designed to be added to perfume/cologne.

I´d definetely recommend AFA to you it´s scentless and you therefore don´t need a scent to cover up the usual stinky phero smell.
    CJ

Sadhu

PS nearly forgot if you do want to use a smelly product like NPA and don´t want to wear fragrances one alternative is to find a good and scented bodylotion to mix it with. I do that as well as using perfume of course.
    CJ

Phero Dude

Hmm.. AFA supposedly does have \'none\':

Androstenone Fragrance Additive
    AFA is an \"add to your own cologne\" type product. It is a potent blend of both androstenone and androstenol with no added fragrance.

Phero Dude

By the way, I wasn\'t saying that women have a \'worse sense of smell\' than men. Just that what smells bad to US may not smell bad to THEM.

This would be particularly likely in the case of pheromones: an aggressive male would be likely to smell daunting (strong) to other males, and females would be likely to prefer the smell (think it smelled good).

Get it?

Sadhu

yes I get what you mean, unfortunately it is not the case.

Actually pheromones are meant to be sensed by people not smelled. The products that can be bought however have such high (more than a person would produce naturally) concentraion of synthesized pheros that they just end up smelling so strong.
    CJ

**DONOTDELETE**

I have been a newbie now for approximately 3 months. I have been trying out many straight pheros and blends that are out there. I have found with products such as Andro 4.2, Edge and NPA using less is better. They are very concentrated products. I have used Andro with musk oil to cover and have found it very effective. NPA I actually mix down to 10-1 with an aftershave and can still detect the phero odor. In my recent experiences I have found many situations where as more females are closer to me with the less applications then when I first started using pheros. I might add though AE, Edge and PF, using slight dabs of each has so far produced memeorable results. I wear pheros all the time now with APC always dabbed on my wrists. Maybe a pyschological mood enhancer for myself but definitely has helped me socially at work and at play.

xvs,
    Hate to contradict Bruce, but three dabs of NPA is an OD in my book. Without cologne, it also smells real bad.

I would try one dab rubbed between the wrists.

Keep experimenting. This stuff always gives me a sense of lightness and confidence when I\'ve got the dose right.

xvs,

There are simple explanations for your negative feelings and the reactions of the women with whom you came in contact. Your brain probably thought that an alpha male was stalking you, and women thought that a cat had pissed on your face. [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Try keeping NPA application below the neck. Your negative reaction has been reported before, especially on first time applications. And it would be good to cover the NPA lightly with some kind of scent. Those of us who CAN smell A-None think it stinks, and as CJ pointed out, that goes for women too.

Oscar [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Phero Dude

I tried it again tonight, a little dab on the wrists. I immediately noticed a change in mood. I felt anxious and depressed.

I wonder if this stuff just doesn\'t agree with me?

Does anyone else have this reaction?

**DONOTDELETE**

Maybe you are doing too much by over-focusing.
    Factors that may alter the results are diet, adequate water consumptiom, whether you eat meat, smoking, drinking, your use or overuse of scented products, deodorants and anti-perspirants and colognes. Unscented is best, but never overuse anything (why do men thing that more is so much better?)

Phero Dude

I don\'t think I\'m over-focusing. I have used other pheromone products for a couple of years, and they always made me feel good, not depressed.

I\'m hoping the andro1 will be like that. This stuff not only has given me no \"hits\" but it seems to really ruin my mood.

And I think mood is at least as important as any pheromones in how people react to you. Probably much more important!

**DONOTDELETE**

What other phero products have you used, xvs, that didn\'t ruin your mood?

Phero Dude

The only one I\'ve used until now was the Athena 10X stuff, which actually seems to improve my mood.

According to the table at http://www.pitt.edu/AFShome/r/j/rjm/public/html/phero/pher_web_nov13_01.htm NPA only contains Androstenone. I wonder if I would do better with something that has -nol or -none?

Looking forward to trying Andro1

**DONOTDELETE**

Well, did you get results from athena?

xvs,

I just applied a dab of NPA on my wrist and took a big snort. (Actually Bruce warns against sniffing the pheros before the alcohol evaporates, but I wanted to get the maximum effect.) My heart sped up a bit and I felt a mild sense of elation. Maybe the same physiological response is interpreted as “anxiety” by your brain.

In any case, I wouldn’t wear a product that made me feel bad. But it seems all phero products (even SOE ) give you a mild rush when you take that initial snort.

**DONOTDELETE**

When I started to wear PI, I also noticed the anxiety factor. However, after a few weeks, I works the other way round, no I feel strong if I wear it.
    My dose is one dab on a finger, then smear it on wrist and behind ears.
    I can smell the -none, and I always cover up with a cologne.
    But I must say, I have never seen any reaction at all from other people, these reactions a observe on myself.
    Finn

Phero Dude

Truth:

I did seem to get good results from Athena 10X for a while, then it seemed to have less of an effect.

Which is why I started looking around for alternatives.

You might want to do a search and read what people have posted about SOE. It\'s a -nol & -rone combo.

After reading what\'s been posted here about Athena, I\'d guess your responses were due to a placebo effect, which would also explain lack of hits after wearing it for a while.

Phero Dude

I was looking for something unscented. Alter Ego looked interesting because it apparently has -none, -rone, and -nol. What\'s the scent of SOE like?

O think -none doesn\'t agree with me. Is there anything that has the others but no -none?

Hey xvs,

To answer your question.
    SOE has NOL and RONE and no NONE.

Musky scent.

Thread Information