Close

Stranger

Default Chikara w/ unscented Alpha7

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Happy new year everyone. Is chikara enough of a cover scent for unscented a7. I only use less than a drop of A7 on my wrists due to fear of od. I had a bad experience when I didn't know it caused od and people kept complaint about a dirty sock smell which caused me to go wash my neck and then everyone stopped complaining. Not sure of people figured it was me but that was embarrassing.

Anyway I love the smell of Chikara and I think I prefer it to SOE.

I use barely a drop and apply it to both wrists then I spray each wrist with a spray of chikara. I tried that last night nobody mentioned any bad smells but I'm still paranoid because most people aren't rude so I just want to make sure that's not a recipe for disaster and chikara is a good enough cover.

IIR Alpha 7 is a bit high in -none, and some people's body chemistry is such that it can cause a "stink" ranging from mild to severe. Not everyone is affected the same way. Here it may be a case where you personally are going to (maybe) need an extar bit of cover.

One bit of personal opinion here. Who was complaining about the "stink?" If it was other guys I'm not overly surprized. In my opinion one of the "effects" of -none with humans is that it serves to "attract" females but "repel" other males (the "competition"). If you are "on the prowl" maybe you *want* to repel the other guys... :-)
    The opposite of love isn't hate.
    It's apathy

Stranger

Well the first time I got the alpha 7 I stupidly had no idea about od'ing and took off the top and put way more than a few drops. I didn't know you had to let drops fall out.

So when I decide to use it I just put less than a drop and hope it doesn't smell bad with chikara because I can't smell it. And it was both people complaining that time. So I clearly overdid it

Much comes from individual experience. Often best to start with a very low "dose" and work up. Bear in mind many pheoromone products contain -none, so it can get easy to OD if you combine multiple products.

One place you can run into trouble is that some pheromones stay "active" longer than others, so if you use a combo product like Chikara or even A7 (only two major ingredients), the -none can stay "active" while some of the other pheromones "wear out." The mistake comes in re-applying the product too soon in an attempt to replenish the faded pheomones - you can end up getting OD quantities of other pheromones like -none.

If things work out right, the "ice breaker" social pheromones may have done their job before they fade, and the "down and dirty" longer lasting -none is doing "it's" thing while you and yours are doing "it." :-p
    It's apathy

A7 and Chikara is an awesome combo no doubt, but, yeah the possibility of an OD is always there. Like RBT says start small (with the A7) and work up slowly.

Cheers, Happy New Year and Thanks,
    B
    To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene
    Fair Trade crafts from Peru

Stranger

Thanks for the responses guys its much appreciated. What if i used scented A7 to reduce the risk of od? Would it disrupt the small of chikara...again i do like the smell of chikara over a heavy cologne as it reminds me of baby powder

Scented A7 is going to be identical to unscented A7 in terms of "strength" (to the best of my knowledge) so it won't make any difference in terms of OD.

Using 2 sented products may casue what I have called "scent clash" as they may combine to something you don't like (although there is always a possibility the two together may smell even better...).

I'd either try to stay with a real low dose of A7 plus another scented product, or go with a separate cologne/cover scent. Chikara really does smell great (one of my faves), but I don't think I've ever found a separate cover that is similar to it. Your only option there may be to find a nice stronger cover that will go over both your pheromone products without "clashing" but still smells good. I've had good luck with essential-oil based fragrances.
    It's apathy

Thread Information