Close

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Default D-Day; If you catch my drift

visit-red-300x50PNG
    We received 100 bottles this morning and Tammy shipped 30 of them out today. I think that is almost all of them. None of them went by Fed Ex, so that leaves at least 2 days until anyone actually has it in hand. I will go thru the forum at that point doing some strategic editing. Are we set on \"Andro 1\" for the name of this stuff?
    I\'m curious how long it will take to arrive at all these various locations. If/when you get a bottle, please post your aproximate location and arrival date.
    Cheers,
    Bruce

[ March 21, 2002: Message edited by: Bruce ]

Default Re: D-Day; If you catch my drift

Bruce,

Thanks! That\'s great news!
    The best time a delivery ever made for me was two days. That was a single bottle of AE sent first class for @75 cents. But that was before September.
    My last order arrived pretty quickly though, mailed March 4th in Colorado, and arriving on March 7th here in the east. I DO believe that the U.S. Postal Service is gradually getting back to normal. I DO BELIEVE!...I DO BELIEVE!....I DO........

I\'m hoping for Monday, since Saturday would be practically a miracle! I\'ll let you know.

Actually, I think it\'s just a bit presumptuous calling this stuff Andro 1, as it\'s more or less an unknown. I prefer x-none. Gives it more of an air of mystery too, don\'t you think? [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Thanks Again!
    Oscar [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

I got my shipping confirmation email, so I guess now the only thing to do is wait. Tick Tock... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Now Bruce, I have some other questions for you. Andro 1 is fine by me, but what about those folks who join the party late? About once a month there is the obligitory post asking what the abbr. mean. Should we just do something like this?

Andro 1 = Private message Bruce (or whomever else) for the skinny.

Not to beat the point into the ground, but if we have the proper response, I am guessing that it will make everyones lives a bit easier. Do you know if you are liable if we direct them somewhere else with a link? Now that you are \"editing\" the forum, will the link to buy the product be forever buried? OK, thanks for the patience in dealing with all of the questions. But, I suppose it is easier in the long run.

**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks Bruce! I can\'t wait to try the new stuff. I\'m on the west coast, so I\'m thinking Saturday or Monday.

I liked andro-1 because -d**none is the most prominent androgen in human axillary sweat (#2 is -none). As far as new forum members, I actually don\'t think most would know what -d***none is anyway. One way or another, they need to ask somebody.

**DONOTDELETE**

Great news, indeed [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] On a side note, I can\'t help but call the stuff, Tenacious D (too bad a band already claimed it, though [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] )

**DONOTDELETE**

I joined the great experiment and I\'ll let you know when I get it here in the Midwest. Looking forward to trying Andro 1 out and to some really positive reactions. I am going to a rather large social gathering Sat. night, so if it gets here by then it will be the perfect opportunity to try it out.

Gents,

If we all referred to \"X\", \"1\" or whatever, by DIFFERENT names, it would enhance Bruce\'s plausible deniability, should anything ever arise. He is, after all, the ONLY one here who stands in any sort of a position of legal culpability. The more cryptic we are the better. [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

And if rookies ask on the board what \"A1\" means, we could direct them to e-mail one of us for the answer, and tell them that we THINK it probably refers to \"You Know What\", but cannot say for certain. The door to my mailbox is always open. In this case WE may not be being so open, but then such is the position in which we find ourselves.
    This post SHOULD self-destruct shortly.

Oscar [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

What the hell\'s everyone talking about? [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Anything on plastic syringes? I couldn\'t find anything at my local drugstore. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Couldn\'t find glycerine either. Anyone know where exactly in the drugstore this would be sold?

jose,

Dunno. [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Maybe you should check your private messages.

**DONOTDELETE**

By the way, I\'ve never used any of the chem kit bottles. It looks like it has a dropper top. Do people use it? How many drops are there in a ml?

**DONOTDELETE**

roughly 20 drops per ml. Your mileage may vary.

**DONOTDELETE**

Oh, not to bum anyone out, but my order of SOE that was shipped on March 11th arrived on the 19th. So eight days to go from colorado to arizona. I think this is actually longer than the first post-September order I placed.

**DONOTDELETE**

If there are 20 drops per ml and there is 10mg in 10ml then 1 drop = .05mg

I\'m hoping the board comes to a general consensus as to a starting dose of Andro 1

**DONOTDELETE**

Well, I think 1-20 mug (0.001-0.020 mg) is a good place to start. I doubt you\'ll OD on that amount, and you can work up from there.

So, Bruce, are you trying the new stuff yourself?! Maybe, you give is a preview while we\'re waiting for our orders. This way we have an \"n of 2\" with you and Thunder.

**DONOTDELETE**

Sorry to rain on the parade, but the drop/mL thing is a farce. If it is water it is approximate (and only approximate.) For alcohol, it is not even close. The size of the oriface that the drop is coming out of drastically effects this. Also if there is any air bubbles in the tip of the dropper, it will also effect the size of the drop. I have mentioned this before, get something that is calibrated (some sort of a syringe for starters.) If you have identical eyedroppers, the drops should be the same volume. So you can count drops, to get the ratio of volumes that you want. Remember, this will not let you know how much (volume, that is) is there, but you will have a correct ratio (say 4:1 for instance.) But to assume that a drop is 1/20th a mL will get you in trouble (with a capitol troub) in a hurry.

I used a desposable pasteur pipet (very small opening,) and I lost track after 50 some drops and it still wasn\'t a mL. So the moral of the story is that drop count is not the best approach. I believe that Bruce was looking into making needleless syringes available for mixing purposes. This seems to be an ongoing prob, so I am sure that Bruce would be interested in helping us out.

[ March 22, 2002: Message edited by: Walter Mitty ]

Phil told me he was sending a bunch of plastic-needle syringes over and I thought they would be in with todays shipment, but they weren\'t. I am expecting a shipment of whole kits soon, maybe that is what he meant. Should have them soon one way or the other.
    Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**

Walter

You can determine the volume of a drop for a particular dropper/solution the following way:

- Completely fill the dropper with water
    - Measure the volume of the dropper
    - Clean the dropper
    - Completely fill the dropper with the solution
    - Count the drops
    - Volume/nÂș drops = volume per drop

Phero Enthusiast

Im pretty sure a drop of alchol will be substantualy diffrent to a drop of water, if your going to try the above method, you\'d be better off using a cheap alchol, or at best the real stuff.

Remeber water has a huge surface tension, allowing things to walk across it and drops of it to hold together much better than most liquids.

IIRC part of the reason labs use glassware rather than plastic is to prevent stuff sticking to the sides so much, so plastic droppers etc: will be less acurate too.

[ March 22, 2002: Message edited by: Nutz ]

**DONOTDELETE**

Nutz

You can be sure.
    let me explain better. The water is ONLY for measuring the capacity of the dropper, I fill the dropper with water, then I measure with a calibrated syringe the volume of the dropper.
    After that I fill the dropper with the solution (in my case, AE) THEN I count the drops by squeezing it back to the AE bottle.

Conclusion: I know the AE drop volume FROM the AE dropper.

the water is not really necessary, but this way I minimize any contamination to the solution.

Phero Enthusiast

heh, ah get you, my fault for not taking the time to read the whole thing [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

Well, I guess I am just to lazy to calibrate my eyedroppers. But, while this is a reasonable method, I am still willing to bet after a pot of coffee that the drops that come out of the dropper will not be consistant. Certainly, I\'d be the problem, but I would like to say that it is a method that is full of error. Or at least one that mistakes are easier to make.

Oh, and labs use glass pipets because they are precise (much more than disposables) and can be autoclaved. The plastic ones are disposable, easy if you have to be clean (like with bacterial contamination,) but mostly cause they are cheap.

Wow! You guys are great! Who would have ever dreamed the forum would come to this. Why, just two short years ago board members were discussing subjects like who the biggest mother (bad word)er was, and now they are discussing whether James V. Kohl\'s product is better measured with a syringe, pipet, or eye dropper. Who could possibly guess what will be going on here two years from now?

This may seem like a pathetic offering at this point, but I just got the urge to say \"thanks\" and if nobody minds too much, I would like to do so.
    Thanks [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**

So, are most forum members techie people? Or, maybe just the outspoken ones. =).

I am going to take a wild guess and say an average of about 500 people visit the forum on any given day, many of whom do a lot of reading. As you can see, percentage-wise very few post anything ever or even register. I have gotten countless e-mails from customers who read this forum religiously EVERY DAY, like it was their daily newspaper and have NEVER POSTED EVEN ONCE! So, now you know why I get a bit jumpy about the board sometimes.
    Anyway, as to who posts or not: well, you can probably guess that anyone with an interest in science is posting.
    Bruce

Enlightened One

Or an interest in just keeping this thing going. Hey have truth and thunder got themselves a fan club yet ??. Some of us have had stalkers etc etc. Two years from now well if we keep going somewhere big or we could have interesting advances by then to.

Not a techie, and some of these posts give me a headache. But I\'m thankful that the techies are around to stimulate progress.

**DONOTDELETE**

What do you mean fan club? I\'m still counting on the andro-1 to turn the tide for me. I haven\'t had good success with the other products, but I\'m optimistic about the next shipment. =).

Gents,

It\'s here!
    Less stinky than expected. Presumably we have Stone to thank for that. Can\'t wait to take this stuff on the road. Hopefully tonight!
    THANK YOU BRUCE! [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
    THANK YOU PHIL! [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
    THANK YOU THUNDER! [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
    THANK YOU TRUTH! [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
    And I want to thank all the people behind the scenes, e-mailing Bruce and Stone, without whose efforts this would never have come to pass!
    (Oscar preview) [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Oscar [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

It\'s Here!
    Ok. So one dab (touch the dropper to skin without squeezing anything) on the back of each hand, one drop of citrus oil next to it, and rub the stuff in and up my arms. Off to the grocery store to buy a bottle of wine. Sorry I couldn\'t pull off a more serious test this first day, but I have a big concert tomorrow and I have to stay somewhat focused :-)
    The first thing I notice is that smells seem _much_ more intense. I wander through the bakery at Publix, and the smells are louder than they\'ve been in the last 20 years. Wow! That by itself is incredible. Off to buy some fish... The guy selling fish is _very_ helpful - he suggests the best deal on shrimp and repackages them exactly the way I want them. The lady with the samples starts talking to me, and doesn\'t mind that I keep eating her stock :-) (well, I was there to buy some wine and lunch).

Ok. Admittedly I wasn\'t off looking for sexual hits, but this stuff does seem very interesting... The intensity of the smells in the store alone is enough to make me wonder seriously about how this stuff works...

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread Information