Close

Hybrid View

Journeyman

I will be very interesting to know about the double blind test, please let us know,The inventor.

We've had this discussion before but its interesting to re-visit it time to time.

Agreed, it would be interesting and useful to have a bit more scientific study and empirical evidence of pheromones' effectiveness. But even if it existed, we'd still have to fall back on anecdotal evidence and, most importantly, personal experience.

Given the sheer complexity and diversity of how these chemicals work in each individual's biochemistry, it would be impossible to predict with any certainty how a specific pheromone, or combination of pheromones, would work for a single individual in a real life situation. Combine that with the diversity of receptors -our "targets" - and it becomes even more complex.

I'm with Belgareth on this, even if there was a mountain of evidence, scientific or otherwise, I'd still have to prove it by experience.

Inventor, its pretty easy to rule out placebo with experimentation, you yourself admitted that you used pheromones with "some success". Repeated similar results is enough for me. Sure, its not exact science, but we just don't have that option right now.

Combine all of that with the behavioral aspects of attraction and I think we find that all we can do is assemble the best personal "package" we can, one that will me most attractive to those whom we hope to impress. If that package includes pheromones, we have to figure it out for ourselves, just like the rest of it. I guess that's what we're trying to do here on the forum, and there's a lot of good stuff here.

Thread Information