Close

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Good Stuff Cheap

visit-red-300x50PNG
    There was a comment on a thread a few days back about someone who was trying to get ahold of a cologne that wasn\'t available retail anymore. In my neck of the woods we have discount retailers (Marshalls, TJ Maxx) that get stock from full retailers and sell it at discount prices. I\'ve found that a number of popular scents (Cool Water, Lagerfeld, Perry Ellis and others) can be scored at half retail. The drawback, of course, is that there is no way of knowing if they\'ll have what you want without going in and looking, and there\'s no guarantee that what you want will be there. The upside, however, is that if it is there you can pick up two or three bottles for the price of one. I don\'t know what the analogous stores would be in other parts of the country, but I\'m guessing there must be something along those lines in many places.

Phero Dude

Default Re: Good Stuff Cheap

Personally, I\'ve bought a lot of colognes on ebay. Some slightly used, most not. Some testers, some not. Some of the better bargains include a 1.7 of Perry Ellis 360 for $5.50, a 2.5 of Herrera\'s 212 for $20, and a 2.5 of Safari for $12.50. The real benefit is that you can get some things you\'ll never see in retail (unless you happen to have a well-stocked boutique near you), such as Casran, Hanae Mori, or Yohji. All told, I\'ve probably done fifty or sixty transactions on ebay, mostly for dvd\'s, and I\'ve NEVER once had a problem with any of them. Sometimes the more popular discontinued fragrances can be a bit expensive, such as DK Men or Giorgio Red, but for the sheer variety of scents and overall deals, it\'s hard to beat.

**DONOTDELETE**

Hey guys I was looking for Andron by Jovan at a good price. The old 80\'s stuff. I have searched several sites one just sold out at 13.00 a bottle.
    Ha Thanks for your tips.
    Elk

Phero Dude

Spent a few minutes looking for it.. Couldn\'t get no love for anything. Good luck finding it though.

**DONOTDELETE**

So Elk, it sounds like you\'re a big fan of the old stuff, Jovan and Realm for Women. Have you had success combining the new stuff (NPA, SOE, etc.) with them? I assume you\'ve ordered the andro-1 concentrate. =).

I\'ve been looking for some more Andron too. I\'ve still a quarter bottle but it must be 10 years old. Mixed a little with some NPA for New Year\'s evening and had some great hits... but then everyone was in a party mood and I was the best dressed guy at the club.

Got some Jovan Musk2 Aftershave on the net the other day - it supposedly has \'nol. The musk is strong but \"thin\" somehow. Someone mentioned mixing Musk2 with RfW. I\'m trying that next free opportunity, assuming it doesn\'t smell like pickles !?!?

**DONOTDELETE**

I was the one who mixed Musk2 with RFW. It smelled OK (but not great), when I just sprayed the Musk2 over RFW. However, when I mixed the two together, then sprayed, it was close to a pickle.

**DONOTDELETE**

Truth,
    I\'m not big on mixing if it doesn\'t work out of the bottle or pkg. not too interested. Will eventually try andron 1 probably.
    Elk

**DONOTDELETE**

So Elk, has new stuff like NPA, Edge, and SOE worked for you? I\'m curious because it seems like only me, Whitehall, and you show favortism for the old stuff. Of course, only a limited number of people have tried the old stuff, and I assume everyone, including the three of us, have tried the new stuff.

**DONOTDELETE**

Hi Truth, Whitehall, all,

I also have used the old stuff [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
    along with the newer stuff ( new AE )

I have gotten pretty good results with Jovan Andron and Lure and Realm (M) yet I don\'t like the scent of Jovan Musk2 [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Jury is still out on Pheromol Factor.
    Got a good hit with NPA and X-Cite.

Lately, my most consistant hits have been while wearing Alter Ego or NPA or Primal Instinct along with a good cologne.

Thread Information