Close

Thread: Dabbing

Stranger

Default Dabbing

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I read several threads on dabbing. Could someone elaborate on that? When I read "1 dab" would that be per each side of let's say the neck? Or just on dab period. Inquiring minds want to know...

Where Velvet Darkness is Kissed by Golden Starlight

Quote Originally Posted by dancarr17 View Post
    I read several threads on dabbing. Could someone elaborate on that? When I read "1 dab" would that be per each side of let's say the neck? Or just on dab period. Inquiring minds want to know...
    A good question dancarr17, to take a dab from say a bottle of NPA, or Alpha 7 or Primal Instinct ect then just remove the screw cap from the product of your choice and with your finger tip held over the opening in the top of the bottle go ahead and invert the bottle once and then return it to the upright position and then observe the amount of residual pheromone liquid remaining on your finger tip, this is one dab, if a larger dab size is required then simply apply a not so firm finger pressure to the top of the bottle when inverting it or if a smaller dab is required then just exert a firmer finger pressure to the top of the bottle when inverting it as this will not allow so much to remain upon the finger tip and this is called a small dab, with a minimal amount of practice i would think any person could become an expert in controlled dabbing in a short period of time, cheers TAB . . ..
    I AM. Out of my mind .... .... ....

Stranger

Quote Originally Posted by terry0400-40 View Post
    A good question dancarr17, to take a dab from say a bottle of NPA, or Alpha 7 or Primal Instinct ect then just remove the screw cap from the product of your choice and with your finger tip held over the opening in the top of the bottle go ahead and invert the bottle once and then return it to the upright position and then observe the amount of residual pheromone liquid remaining on your finger tip, this is one dab, if a larger dab size is required then simply apply a not so firm finger pressure to the top of the bottle when inverting it or if a smaller dab is required then just exert a firmer finger pressure to the top of the bottle when inverting it as this will not allow so much to remain upon the finger tip and this is called a small dab, with a minimal amount of practice i would think any person could become an expert in controlled dabbing in a short period of time, cheers TAB . . ..

Are you supposed to remove the plastic plug that has the dropper hole to take this dab or leave it on?

The plastic dropper plugs should be left in because this will prevent the loss of valuable pheromones should the bottle fall or be tipped over by accident.

With your finger tip covering the NPA dropper plug upon inversion of the bottle the pheromone will flow out at a fairly liberal rate onto your finger tip however when doing this with Alpha 7 or Primal Instinct you may have to give the bottle a light shake whilst your finger tip is covering the dropper because the oil based pheromones do not flow as liberally as the ones like NPA that are not oil or dpg based . . cheers

Stranger

Thanks for the quick reply.

That is ok, i have decided to stop posting on this forum and i have only returned when i found notification of your question in my hotmail box, however do feel free to question me if you have any queries as i will be happy to answer you cheers

You need to be careful when dealing with those "reducer"/dropper inserts. Some phero products are very slow to come out (like Primal Instinct), while other, thinner, ones still flow easily. I eventually pulled the thing out of my PI cuz the liquid just never seemed to come out at all. If you do pull the thing, like Terry says, be careful not to tip the bottle. I always do my best to keep a good grip on the bottles (the small ones can be hard to handle... and some of the glass bottles break easily) and try to set them down on nice solid flat surfaces.

Personally I don't dab with a finger, but invert the bottle using my wrist (or forearm) then wiping elsewhere. I alway figured that putting phero products on a finger that is going to get washed is just a waste so I might as well start by putting it somewhere I want it to begin with. :-)
    The opposite of love isn't hate.
    It's apathy

Quote Originally Posted by dancarr17 View Post
    To answer your question in terms of quantity of a "dab," I think most of the time "1 dab" means "per application spot," so a "dab" on each side of the neck for example would total 2 dabs.

Some will take a fingertip-full and "wipe" it say across the neck, which is 1 dab, but applied over a wider area than just a single spot.

If you are just starting out with pheromopnes, or with a new product you haven't had experience with, be sure to start wtih small amounts first and work up over time. There are a lot of variables to consider when judging reaction to pheromones so don't base any descisions on just one or two trial applications. You may need to devote a full month per "dose"/application quantity to see how it works, with whom, and in what situations. It's a combination of art and science, and the it can take time to fine-tune for best results.
    The opposite of love isn't hate.
    It's apathy

Thread Information