Close

Thread: I am a Jedi

Hybrid View

Wink I am a Jedi

I discovery that I'm really a Jedi ...

<Link Deleted>
    [s]
    duc
    Last edited by belgareth; 10-20-2011 at 04:35 PM.

How do you figure?
    To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene
    Fair Trade crafts from Peru

There is no emotion, there is peace.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no passion, there is serenity.
    There is no chaos, there is harmony.
    There is no death, there is the Force.

Cool inst it ?

But Jediism still not fully understand, check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGQ_eZDcSu4

This old documentary, I had to agree with some George Lucas thoughts :

Moyer: Joseph Campbell said that all the great myths, all the primitive myths, the great stories, have to be regenerated if they're going to have any impact. And you have done that with Star wars, are you conscience of doing that? Are you saying "I am trying to recreate the myths of old"? Or are you saying "I just wanna make a good action movie?"

Lucas: Well, when I did Star wars, I consciously set about to recreate myths. And the classic mythological motifs. And I wanted to use those motifs to deal with issues that existed today.

Moyer: One reason, one critic said, that Star wars has been so popular with young people is that religion without strings attached. That it becomes a very thin based theology...

Lucas: It is a thin based theology, that's why I would hesitate to call the force God. When the film, came out almost every single religion took Star wars and used it as an example. In their religion. And were able to relate it to young people, and saying this is what... and relate the stories, specifically the Bible, and relate stories to the Quran, and the Torah. So it's like...if it's a tool that can be used to make....old stories be new. And relate to younger people, that what the whole point was.

Moyers: Have you been influenced by Buddhism, because Star wars came along just about the time there was this growing interest in America in eastern religions. And I noticed in the Phantom Menace, that new episode one, that they discover this slave child who has an aura about him, and it reminded me of how the Buddhists go out and look for the next Delhi Lama.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HeXWoz6Ixo

[s]
    Duc

Another day I was thinking to my self ... where does myths come from ... seems to me that the conscious mind is always trying to give meaning to the stimulus that our that our senses can perceive.

[s]
    Duc

Talking

... Off Topic [?]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS-jutv-rh0

[s]
    -Duc

Thread Information