Close

Thread: Affiliate

Default Affiliate

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Hallo,

I know, that it is not the best way to ask questions about the affiliate-program, but have just got back sended emails to (addresses deleted) so I try it on this way with a copy of this mail:

I am interested in your affiliate-program and have just read your affiliate-link on the love-scent-site.
    As my english is not really good I write you to ensure that I have the sentences understood correctly.

What I have to do: At first I have to open and create my own homepage. If I understand correctly you support me with bunners, pictures and other things to create this page. Then I have to create a link to love-scent and every time if a customer buy a product by my site, i will get commissions of 20 - 30% of the turnover.

But what happens if a customer comes to love-scent by my side, but do not immediately buy a product but wait a day and then buy it directly from you - do I go away empty-handed? Or how can I ensure that customers buy with you by my site? May I relinquish for a part of my commission (say 3% of the turnover) and "give" (for example by my own discount-coupon) it the customer when ordering by my side to ensure my commissions?

Could following things a problem?:
    My English is not really good. Simple texts are no problem, but taking on the phone could be difficult.
    I´m from Germany - would it create extra costs?
    My computer-knowlege is limited. Simple applications like Word, Excel and PowerPoint are no problem, but my onliest homepage made by me is about 10 years ago and was made for my course of study with HTML-code.
    Do I understand right that the affiliate-program is connected with absoulte no financial risk with me? Is it a good idea to creat a own forum and would you help me to install / create it on my homepage?

May I self order by my side to save the 20 - 30% - the money which I would get by commissions when ordering by my site?

Thank you in advance :-)
    Last edited by Bruce; 07-23-2011 at 09:00 AM. Reason: deleted email addresses to avoid spam

Hi SM,

Good questions all. I am personally handling all the affiliate email these days and the address is affiliates@love(you know the rest). By the way, if you leave email addresses in public forms the spam bots find them and you can swamped with spam.

To answer your questions though:

1. Once a potential customer enters Love-Scent.com from your website one time, you will get your commission as long as they order something within a certain length of time. It tells in the welcome email when you register. I think it is 45 days; I don't recall at the moment. It doesn't matter how they enter the site from then on, or how many times they order. As long as they order within the time limit, you get the full commission.

2. You can make the website in German if you want; then send the customers directly to the various product pages. Just depends how hard you want to work on it.

Best,
    B
    To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene
    Fair Trade crafts from Peru

Thank you Bruce

Thread Information