Close

Threaded View

Stranger

Default The benefits of being vegetarian

You might have heard enough about the size-zero measurement of Bollywood actress Kareena Kapoor. The more inquisitive minds might have searched for more details and at last found that she owes her measurement to ``the strict vegetarian diet’’. Again, you might have gone through a series of news items on celebrities turning vegetarian and you will be still wondering whether it has become a trend/fashion. ``Turning vegetarian is not a `style statement’. A vegetarian diet is what best suits our health and our climate,’’ says Manu Sajan, a dietician based in Bangalore. ``It helps to keep us away from many diseases,’’ he adds.

According to Sriraj, a software engineer who turned vegetarian two years back, it was a decision that changed `history of his health.’ ``I was so fond of meat and fish and I used to dig into the chicken/mutton or beef curries. But I was a chronic patient, affected by asthma/skin allergy/ constipation or some other disease from time to time, ‘’ he says.

``I did not recognize that all these diseases have a common cause and it was my body’s resistance to non-vegetarian food. At last when I was disturbed by piles disease and went for the practitioner advised me to avoid non vegetarian food for six months. It worked well. All through the period, I was not affected by any disease, so I decided to continue the diet,’’ he concludes. So, want to be healthy? Better turn vegetarian today itself.
    Last edited by idesign; 07-20-2011 at 09:12 AM. Reason: removed link

Thread Information