Close

Default Smell check... odd bottle or what?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    My first bottle of AE smelled @#$%ing fantastic; it was of a dark heavy musk. (7+ years ago) My current bottle smells like baby power and laundry detergent. (like my first bottle of APC 7+ years ago) Is the baby power and laundry detergent smell the normal? It also smells similar to a bottle of TE I once had. Personally I nearly loathe the smell of baby power and never go near the laundry detergent isle in the store because the smell I find repulsive. (mostly a psychological connection and baby power is not what I consider to be a masculine smell) If I purchase another bottle of AE is the above description more than likely what I will receive?

When it comes to NPA, I just cracked open my first bottle. (found a bottle from 2009) It has a sweet musk smell abruptly followed by a nearly overwhelming smell of alcohol. The alcohol smell is so strong my first reaction is to grab salt and limes. From what read on the forums this seem to be the norm; is this so?

IRCC I am on my second bottle of a314 (another find from a 2009 cache) and it smells like cheap pine pencils (another psychological connection for me I dislike) however I believe my first bottle of a314 was neutral in smell. It's sort of like scented SoE, but not really.

Scented SoE, does anyone else find it extremely strong in scent? Even hours later the scent is still rather potent. I unable to determine if I am just sensitive to the -mones or the fragrance.

Also, has C7 changed in fragrance in the last 2.5 years?

"The whole world must learn of our peaceful ways, by force!"

Wow, lotta questions.

I was a big fan of the old AE myself. I used to mix it with a favorite cologne and wear it almost every day. The new AE is popular and been around for quite a while, but yeah sorta musky and completely different from the first AE. The label is completely different btw. If you get a new bottle of AE, my guess is it will be the same.

Any product that has a lot of alcohol in it will be the same; it overwhelms the nose and you don't smell much pheromone. Not really a problem though; the alcohol evaporates so quickly on application and you get the full force of the pheromones. Just keep that in mind so you don't end up with an OD.

Not sure what is up with a314. We don't carry it any more and if memory serves, we only ever had one version.

SOE is a body oil type product so both the fragrance and the pheromones are going to stay longer. Personally I never noticed a problem with the fragrance.

We had some minor tweaks to the C7 fragrance way back when, but nothing in the last 2.5 years I don't think.

B
    To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene
    Fair Trade crafts from Peru

Thanks Bruce, sounds good.

Sad face about the AE, but that's OK, I can make a mix when I find a cologne I enjoy to wear.

Good news about the C7 not being changed, it's my absolute favorite and even if it did not have -mones I would use it every day. =)

"The whole world must learn of our peaceful ways, by force!"

Thread Information