Short answer: Use about 0.1 ml or two drops of the stuff applied or sprayed over a large area of skin.

Recall that I had done some research on the hit statistics about six months ago that suggested the ideal NONE dose was around .02 mg. Later on, we found that average male sweat had 0.015 mg of NONE in it. So, I\'m using the ideal sweat (the \"proportion theory\" as suggested by Irish, though this idea has been around the website for a while) as a guide.

Recall the study we used for this: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_ uids=8142319&dopt=Abstract

This study looked at both axillary sweat (normal sweat) and apocrine sweat and derived pheromone content in each.

Now, there’s a bunch of math that I won’t repeat (go look at the message thread if you want to see some of it.) The study does give two sets of data – the axillary data being presenting in picomoles per cm^2 of skin, and the apocrine given in nanomoles per nanoliter of apocrine sweat. Now the range or sweat products is massive – about 200 ml to 10 L per day. (inactive types run about 1L a day) Most of this is actually axillary sweat. I’m going to punt and say that 100ml of apocrine sweat is produced per day (non-active).

The end results:

For apocrine sweat (100ml)

.058mg ‘none
.055mg ‘dienone
.003mg ‘nol

For axillary skin (20000 cm^2)
.015mg ‘none
.104mg ‘dienone
.040mg ‘nol

Adding to get a they “typical male”
0.073mg ‘none
0.159mg ‘dienone
0.043mg ‘nol

I’d like to caution that the apocrine sweat amount is for a day/hour whatever duration. So the pheros accumulate and then get depleated, washed away, removed with clothing changes, etc. So in real life I’d bet that the apocrine sweat pheros are a lower number. (I also suspect that the phero density would be lower in someone who sweats 10L a day!)

Since the axillary skin quantity closely correlates with the known “hits” seen at .02mg and that .073 mg of ‘none would be an overdose for most, I’m using the axillary skin numbers to set the baseline for ‘dienone use, or 0.104 mg.

So, in theory presenting 0.104mg of \'dienone to the world would seem to be the ideal starting point if one were intending to simulate a normal human male.

Well, this sure makes the math easy.

The new stuff has a concentration of 1mg/ml, this means using .1 ml of the new stuff. (one bottle will have 100 doses.) this is roughly two drops. One spray would put you just a bit over this.

FYI, this is a massive quantity compare to what we \"normally\" use of -none based pheros. I sure hope it doesn\'t smell too bad.

But -- how to apply it? The sweat study found high picomole quanities in ordinary skin, and nanomole quanities in apocrine skin. The results above suggest that about 2/3s of the material should be spread over the skin, and 1/3 in the apocrine areas (pits). This tells me that spraying the is the most desireable application method.

[ March 23, 2002: Message edited by: Bruce ]