Close

Stranger

Default No secure conection with Firefox.

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I was

just trying to place an order and noticed there is no "lock" displayed anywhere within firefox's window.

The

problem is that this is in the point where I type my CC stuff and click submit.

Although the comodo icon reports

a secured connection, is this normal with firefox?

I use Firefox and I've never

noticed that. As you say we use Comodo verification and it is currently (and always for that matter) up to date.

The site is 100% secure.

By the way, even if a subscription lapses, your info is still securely encoded; just

the verification company (comodo or whatever) refuses to verify that because you haven't paid up.

Peace,
    B
    To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene
    Fair Trade crafts from Peru

Stranger

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    I use Firefox

and I've never noticed that. As you say we use Comodo verification and it is currently (and always for that

matter) up to date. The site is 100% secure.

By the way, even if a subscription lapses, your info is still

securely encoded; just the verification company (comodo or whatever) refuses to verify that because you haven't

paid up.

Peace,
    B

Bruce.

Every browser displays a little lock icon somewhere where there is a

secure connection, firefox for example does it in the bottom right part of the window and by clicking it you can

verify the validity of the site.

Just like the comodo icon does but within the browser itself.

I tried with

Chrome and there was no sign of it either and by clicking the icon right beside the url bar, right to the left of

"http", it states that the identify of the site can't be verified.

Since I have ordered in the past from love

scent I believe you and know there is nothing wrong with your site.

As a friendly suggestion please consider

improving your Amazon dot com store, I was just going to order through there in case I didn't receive a prompt

answer to this issue. For customers like me, which have been victim of credit card fraud, it's priceless to keep

one's information on a single place for online shopping.

Thank you for your time.

I just tried SSL pages with both

Firefox and Safari browsers and they both showed the lock symbol in the closed position and when I clicked on the

lock, in both cases it showed full details of the certificate including the expiration date which is December of

this year. I'm not finding any problems with it. In truth when a cert does expire, all hell breaks loose.

Thousands of complaining emails come in, nobody buys anything etc etc. It has its own built in alarm

system.

I'm curious what you experienced at the Amazon store. I haven't checked it in years probably. Not so

good, eh?

B
    To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene
    Fair Trade crafts from Peru

Stranger

Bruce.
    At first I was glad to

have waited until I saw your comment on your amazon store. But then upon trying to place my order (yes the lock is

back thanks) my card was rejected. Just my luck.

Your amazon store needs that, attention, I've no access to the

current discount coupon there for example, and with this problem, I've no choice but to place my order through

there.

You have a very recent negative review btw. I hope I won't face more problems as my stock is running

thin fast.

-------------------------------------------------
    Further Thoughts.

Item selection is too

limited, just a handful (thank God SOE gel packets are present there, but not AE gel ones, can't have it all I

guess)

The shipping options are kind of scare, it's either a super cheap one or a very expensive one, not the

wide array of options available through love scent site.

Bruce alternatively you could add Amazon payments to

the main one and dish the amazon's store if it's not much use to you, I know first hand it's not as popular as

paypal for example but it can't hurt to have more payment options I guess, and paypal can be a bitch for no reason

some times.

Thread Information