Close

Phero Dude

Default Newbie Questions (skin vs clothes and colognes)

visit-red-300x50PNG
    After sifting through this board for a few hours last night, I decided to buy SOE and TE. I\'m mostly interested in the effects around the office, so I\'m looking for subtle, not startling. I do, however, have a few questions.

1. Given that I\'m not so much looking to overwhelm any one person, instead to act on many, would it be appropriate to use a spritz of TE on my skin or my clothes? If skin, should it be an exposed or a covered pulse point?

2. How do I best handle mixing pheros and multiple colognes? I have (among others), 360, Acqua Di Gio, Allure, Angel Men, Animale Animale, Boucheron, Casran, Egoiste Platinum, Good Life, Hanae Mori, Lolita Lempicka, Mugler Cologne, Safari, Yohji Homme, along with some I wear less frequently. Obviously, taking things to the point of playing Mr. Wizard, mixing pheros with colognes would be somewhat impractical, given that my choice is mostly by emotion/feeling rather than occasion. Is it necessary to mix with cologne, or would separate applications of cologne and phero/carrier provide a substantially similar effect? I saw many, many references to L\'Eau D\'Issey as the cologne of choice, but I don\'t particularly care for it. Based on the type of notes, it would seem that pheros would mesh best with Acqua Di Gio, Egoiste Platinum, Good Life, Safari, and Yohji. Has anyone used them to balance phero odor? What about sweeter, such as Angel Men or Animale Animale, or, more L\'Eau D\'Issey like, a floral like Lempicka or Casran?

Thanks for the help. I\'m looking forward to receiving my order.

Mike

Default Re: Newbie Questions (skin vs clothes and colognes)

camusflage,

I was probably one of the earlier endorsers of Issey as a Phero mixer. However, I\'m using Aqua di Gio more now. I find it to be rather similar to Issey, and like Issey it has the staying power necessary to cover the scent of NPA.

I\'ve always preferred using TE (or NPA) on skin rather than on clothes. You can spray TE on your chest and/or neck, and then cover with your cologne of choice. This way you won\'t be tied into any one fragrance. Sounds like you\'ve got a lot of choices.

Then put a swipe of SOE on each wrist, and maybe some on your neck.

I\'d start with just one phero product at a time at first, then you can gauge reactions. Don\'t over-do it!

Good Luck!

Oscar [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Enlightened One

Well i would try SOE by itself it can be used in fairly heavy amounts without the OD effect coming in ( a little strong after you have applied but the scent would fade within 15 minutes to normal levels) better to appply at home before you leave for work. It should last all day.

Phero Dude

Thanks for the input!

I had planned on starting with one small spray and two small swipes, and using that for a week to see if there was any noticable effect, and ratchet it up a notch after a week if there was no response. After findind a level of response, I planned on fluctuating each to find the optimal level/type of effect. That and potentially easing back on the cologne. The usual ritual is one on the chest, get dressed, one or two on the neck, and before leaving the bathroom, a small one on the wrists. If it\'s a heavier scent, like Boucheron or Platinum Egoiste, I\'ll usually go a bit lighter, unless I\'m going to be in an area with many competing smells. I smell best, so everyone should smell me. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

My skin usually eats cologne alive, so I\'m a bit curious to see what happens with the pheros. I may have to adjust application technique/location pending the outcome of initial testing.

Thread Information