Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Stranger

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Hi! Around but have been very busy of late, Checked the forums today after about 6 months i guess or maybe more

I was married all the time I was developing the many pheromone potions on the site; now single and starting to experiment again. Who'd a thunk it?

B
    To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene
    Fair Trade crafts from Peru

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    I was married all the time I was developing the many pheromone potions on the site; now single and starting to experiment again. Who'd a thunk it?

B
    Amazing all the changes I've seen since first getting involved in this forum. Like yousaid, Bruce. Who'd a thunk it?
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by HornyMan View Post
    A call to all the old timer LoveScent Forum Posters -- State your presence now!
    January 2007 - is this already valid for an oldtimer? If yes: Hey, I´m here

Quote Originally Posted by stuttgart-man View Post
    January 2007 - is this already valid for an oldtimer? If yes: Hey, I´m here
    Yeah, you qualify.

B
    To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene

Quote Originally Posted by belgareth View Post
    Amazing all the changes I've seen since first getting involved in this forum. Like yousaid, Bruce. Who'd a thunk it?
    Yeah, remember the wild and wooly days?

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene

I remember using pheromones without reading the info on the forums first. Can you say disaster lol. I actually started using pheromones a few months before I joined the forums in 2003.
    Motivation is what gets you started habit is what keeps you going.

Phero Dude

Talking Wow

I see the thread I started is still going strong. Good to see so many responses.

You know over the years I've swayed back and forth between products from this site and others but always found my greatest memories and initial experiences with mones being detailed here.

I'm glad Bruce is able to keep the forum still going. i am very grateful that the experiences mone users are still here.

Welcome guys.... we have a lot of good times to talk about in the past and hopefully even better times to discuss in the future

HM

Yeah, I sorta went AWOL after my divorce. Finally settling back down again and hope to devote regular attention to the forum.

All the Best,
    Bruce

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene

Where Velvet Darkness is Kissed by Golden Starlight

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    Yeah, I sorta went AWOL after my divorce. Finally settling back down again and hope to devote regular attention to the forum.

All the Best,
    Bruce
    Just when you think you are sailing smooth waters along comes some girl and before you know it even your best plans and intentions have become er way laid

You had betta play it safe for awhile, remove your Alpha 7, NPA, and other sexual pheromones from the dresser, replace them with WAGG without the N
    I AM. Out of my mind .... .... ....

Yeah, seems like all my efforts have ended in minor disasters. Sorta "gave up" in some ways last Winter. Just see what the winds of fate blow in.

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Hey good folks. Just passing through. While I love Bruce and his products, and sometimes miss the quality forums, I haven't been using mones much these days, for various reasons.

At their pinnacle, these forums were perhaps among the best on the WWW in some ways. I haven't been that active in perfuming lately either (though not entirely inactive), or pheromone/attraction theories (my thoughts on relationships these days are probably best kept to myself.). Really, I have not been too interested in picking up women lately in general. I have other priorities.

Lastly, I got burnt out on the political talk, especially when it doesn't seem to do anybody any good.

I'm sorry for not contributing much recently. That is the part I miss, feeling like I was helping some people sometimes. Being able to be of use to someone is a true gift. The kind you get.

And I do miss you all as people. Certainly a lot of interesting characters have made their way through.

I especially don't want Bruce or forum members to get the impression that I don't think this place is worth supporting, because nothing could be further from the truth. I sincerely do apologize for not being more supportive of late.

P.S. Bruce I am very sorry to hear about your divorce. Not so much about the split per se, but about the pain, confusion, disillusionment, etc., etc., for all involved. I can't even begin to tell the stories of all the people I know...
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

Hi, everybody. Also just passing through - I haven't logged on in a few years. I'll have to look at the join date on this message to see when I starting visiting here, but it seems like 2001-2002 or so. Still writing, still playing bass (new classic rock band in the past year). Was in a long-term relationship for five years or so, been single for the last year.

Miss you guys. It was very fun back in the day.
    somewhere between amused and obsessed...

DST and BassMan. Wow! And on the same day.

BassMan: I had a paid time share in Orlando for a week, which I had to use by the end of April. I flew all the way there and back to Eugene in a Cessna 182. It was great fun but I had an enormous condo and a plane all to myself; got a little lonely. Flew to Key West and back a couple of times and once to Venice Beach; ate lunch at Sharkey's. Where is the woman of your dreams when you really need her?!?

I have a small combo going in my home these days; my boys are really amazing me with their musicianship. My 16 yo has a job working for a rock music summer camp program; he sits in for combos and plays drums, bass, guitar, vocals, alto sax as needed. My 12 yo is not doing to shabby either; drums and alto sax at school.

DST: One of the few forum members I have actually met in the flesh. Belgareth joined the ranks in April on my way to Orlando BTW.

Thanks for your concern about the big "d". It's sort of like post traumatic stress disorder I guess. It feels so good when the war is over you think everything is fantastic, but really you're still a little screwed up. Anyway, things happen for a reason and I'm confident my kids are a lot better off now and that's the most important thing.

I fly up an around Portland frequently; especially in and out of Hillsboro airport. We can go for a little scenic flight sometime if you are up for it.

Peace,
    B

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene

I'm sorry to hear the news Bruce..

I joined this forum in October 2006! Wow.. time really has passed.
    I'm still using the products from LS.. a314, a7 and Scent of eros.
    A7 is really good and I'm still learning how to get the best out of it. I'm thinking that it complements my personality and at my age it's good to have.

Hey Bruce. Good to see you are copping a great attitude; that you are getting out in the skies; and that your boys caught the music bug! Call if you are going to be on the ground here a while, and I will gladly show you (and boys if applicable) a good time of some variety or another, schedules permitting. I'm not a huge fan of flying in small planes, however, as much as I admire it.

Seeing everyone's names here in this thread is a welcome sight.

Be a shame not to go flying if I come up there. I think you'd get used to it. It's safer than driving on the roads, but we get so used to being in a car, we don't give it a second thought.

B

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene

Hey Doc!

Really, if you get the chance take Bruce up on it. He's a good pilot. I've been with a few pilots in small planes, even a couple who were former fighter jocks. Bruce is good. He's a safe and responsible pilot. It was a real pleasure to fly with him.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Thanks Bel. I got a lot to live for.

B

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene

I suppose it wouldn't be funny to say that, near the very top my bucket list of fun and adventurous things to do before I croak, is to avoid flying in puddle jumpers as often as humanly possible?

Thanks, Bel. I would definitely imagine Bruce to be the responsible and competent type of pilot. My only worry is getting scared and deciding to jump out, gettin sucked into the rear manifold exhaust pipe, a faulty rubber band on the propellor, or the wax wings melting in the sun; in between visions of Buddy Holly, Knute Rockne, John Denver, and Jim Croce beckoning me creepily from beyond the skies. In other words, I'm totally unrational, since I know it's statistically safer than driving, like getting a cap on your tooth is safer than driving.

Ah...well. Can't argue with that kind of reason. Personally, I love to fly in small planes and regard the large ones as kind of like a bus. Busses have never done much for me, they are a means of getting from point to point and that's it. Small planes are a pleasure. But I enjoy motorcycles and downhill skiing too, neither of which is nearly as safe as an airplane.

Thomas Jefferson

I think I used to hang around once in a blue moon. Now I mainly drink Bluemoon (howl at it too) and rail against the man.
    "I'm just a dirty hornytoad" -Gegogi

Quote Originally Posted by Gegogi View Post
    I think I used to hang around once in a blue moon. Now I mainly drink Bluemoon (howl at it too) and rail against the man.
    Hey Geo,

You used to be quite regular back in the day. Look at all those posts you have ramped up.

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene

Quote Originally Posted by DrSmellThis View Post
    I suppose it wouldn't be funny to say that, near the very top my bucket list of fun and adventurous things to do before I croak, is to avoid flying in puddle jumpers as often as humanly possible?

Thanks, Bel. I would definitely imagine Bruce to be the responsible and competent type of pilot. My only worry is getting scared and deciding to jump out, gettin sucked into the rear manifold exhaust pipe, a faulty rubber band on the propellor, or the wax wings melting in the sun; in between visions of Buddy Holly, Knute Rockne, John Denver, and Jim Croce beckoning me creepily from beyond the skies. In other words, I'm totally unrational, since I know it's statistically safer than driving, like getting a cap on your tooth is safer than driving.
    I was quite nervous the first time I flew in a small plane; it was only a few summers ago. It was kind of a post-divorce, bucket list, midlife crisis decision for me to overcome my fear. On the other hand, I did my homework and studied the stats first. Worst case scenario, when you include every half trained drunken yahoo pilot in the data, you are about as safe as driving a motorcycle. If you eliminate 'running out of fuel' 'controlled flight into terrain' (flew straight into a mountain without noticing anything odd going on) and 'flying into clouds without instrument training' from the data, you are already far safer than driving in a car. Eliminate night flying and you are waaay more safe than that even. Half of all serious aviation accidents happen at night, while only 10% of flights occur at night.

Additionally, some aircraft are considerably safer than others. The year make and model of my plane '78 Cessna 182 is one of the safest aircraft ever manufactured. I've studied the NTSB reports on every mishap in my plane since the first one rolled out of the factory.

I also have a STOL ("slow take off and landing") kit on my plane, which makes it almost impossible to stall. In a pinch you could land it at the speed of a briskly ridden bicycle.

I could go on, but it gets even more boring.

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene

If you're at altitude, the 182 will glide nicely for many miles if your engine stops, giving you a chance to find a clear field or road to land.
    "I'm just a dirty hornytoad" -Gegogi

Quote Originally Posted by Gegogi View Post
    If you're at altitude, the 182 will glide nicely for many miles if your engine stops, giving you a chance to find a clear field or road to land.
    Very true. The glide ratio is 7 to 1. So, if I'm cruising at 10,000 ft (about 2 miles) I can glide for 14 miles! There is generally going to be some decent flat spot to set down within that range. The trick is to keep the training going so you are ready just in case. In reality, with all the checks and double checks, the chance of a total engine failure is fortunately very low.

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene

Phero Dude

Thumbs up Thumbs up for Bruce

Bruce

I couldn't help notice over the past month or two your involvement in the forum has really increased. It seems in every post you are replying and giving your opinion.

I really like the way LoveScent is returning to its previous state in terms of your involvement.

I just want you to know your commitment hasn't gone unnoticed and if I had to pick only 1 area where lovescent falls slightly behind compared to other boards it would be the forum. And I would say the forum is really taking off now.

If more posters do their part to introduce new topics, or contribute to existing ones, we could have our old lovescent forum , reborn again.

I look forward to encouraging the old time lovescent posters to recontribute again, after all we were all part of the history.

It just excites me to see old names resurface. Perhaps its age hitting me and I'm learning to appreciate friendship cultivated over long periods of time. Something I didn't think about too much when I was a young buck in my 20's.

HM

Thanks HM,

Yeah my divorce hit me pretty hard; or it might be more accurate to say it *would* have hit me hard if I hadn't presented such a moving target. Anyway, I'm past the worst now and able to sit down in a chair for hours at a time again.

Thanks for coming back.
    Bruce

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene

For some reason time just went by and although I still get the occasional Love Scent newsletters I haven´t logged in for a long time (Last visited 06-15-2009 at 12:14 PM according to the forum).

Why?
    I wish I knew really. Time just went by, my job and family took up most of my time, I published a humor-book in Swedish last year, I trained SD with law enforcement which was stressful and I traveled a lot at work and it was quite stressful too, but it ended with a crash...

In the end of May 2011 I suffered a minor heartattack, which I am still recovering from now in August. Funnily I am more trained now than I ever was (I have lost 15 kg since October 2010 - I weight 90 kg now - and I walk 10-15 km per day, per doctors orders. Doing yoga too occasionally)

I have lost muscleweight, since I haven´t been allowed to weighttrain by my doctor until now, which disturbs me, since I was used to be more muscular.

There seems to be nothing wrong with my heart, possibly related to stress and genetics, but I still eat a lot of medicines (one of them taking my heartrate down do 48-50 bpm) and will do for quite some time more.

I haven´t been blending oils for quite some time either (dennisanthony.blogg.se) and actually threw away a lot of older oils just some weeks ago. I am thinking about taking it up again some time soon, more for the anti-stress that would bring me than anything else.

I've heard of folks saying that a mild heart attack was the best thing that ever happened to them, both in terms of health and just generally cherishing every moment of life, but I might recommend a veg diet. Myself and nearly all my friends are over the 60 yo age marker and (knock on wood) no heart problems. We are all vegetarian and yoga type folks. You seem like a "real wiseman" as your name implies. I have a feeling you are making good use of your wake-up call.

Speedy recovery
    B

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread Information