Close

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Help on Issey/NPA

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Hi, I just bought a bottle of Issey Miyake. The stuff smells great! I highly recommend it if you guys haven\'t tried it yet! Anyway, I was hoping you guys could help me out with this combo.

First, I can\'t seem to remove the top, it looks like the only way is to break off the spray component. Kinda don\'t want to ruin the bottle, is there any way around this? Or does anyone know what\'s the equivalent number of drops to one spray?

Also, when I use my NPA, it comes out pretty quickly, it doesn\'t form drops like my PI. Is this normal? I\'m one of the unlucky (or lucky?) few that cannot smell -mones, so I\'m kinda concern of making a batch that\'s too high in -none. (Don\'t worry, I\'m starting off with very small batches!).

BTW, I\'m trying to replicate the 70/30 Issey/NPA combo. I\'m throwing it into one of Bruce\'s atomizer, what\'s the recommended dosage? (?Two sprays normal, four in a smokey place?) And how often do I need a recharge?

Lastly, does anyone recommend combo-ing this with other stuff?

Whew, sorry about so many questions. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    Thanks in advance! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Default Re: Help on Issey/NPA

I would spray some of the cologne into a seperate vial/container and then use an eyedropper to add it to an atomizer.

As for NPA, I removed the plastic dropper from the bottle and I use a seperate eyedropper to remove the product and to add to the atomizer.

Someone here uses calibrated syringes that have a short needle that diabetics use and can apparantly be bought OTC/Without a Prescription.

**DONOTDELETE**

Isn\'t Issey Miyake a womens fragrance ?

**DONOTDELETE**

The only way to take off the top is to basically break it. Not shattered glass, but the press fit doesn\'t hold any more. I used a vise grips and slowly (SLOWLY) pulled the top off. After my surgery, it will leak if knocked over, bad experience there. I popped the top off and put it into a bottle. I put it into small atomizers, and refill them when needed. The spraying into a vial works well if you do not want to ruin to OEM packaging. Oh yeah, the drops to volume thing is a wash, find something to measure with, the folks around here will have pleanty of ideas.

To answer another post, Issey has both mens and womens fragrences.

Paladin,

70/30 is way too light on the Issey to expect it to effectively cover NPA. I go 5:1 Issey to NPA. I\'m one of the people who CAN smell NPA, and believe me, at 70/30 you\'re just pissing away your Issey. You might as well use NPA straight, and hope that everyone you come in contact with is like you and can\'t smell it.

Use 4:1 at least, but 70/30 is just a hair over 2:1! Remember, those who can\'t smell A-None are in the minority, and women tend to have more acute senses of smell than men.

You do not have to be able to smell the pheros for them to be working, and neither does she! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Oscar [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

Mitty, I think you\'re right. Measuring it by drops isn\'t very accurate. Right now, I\'m putting it on hold. I\'m thinking of getting some type of OTC syringe or something...

Oops! Oscar, I think I had JB#1 confused with this mix (isn\'t this your combo?). I\'ll definitely bring it down to 5:1.

I think with the wrong ratio coupled with the guess work when dealing wih the drop methodology, I wasn\'t getting very good results with it... must have smelled like a wet dog... (BTW, Wilde, I was testing it out at Cavs near Penn during pubcrawl...)
    [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I was also wondering if we mix NPA with AFA on Issey, will that yield better results? Just a thought... right now gotta find some way to get this measurement down.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Paladin,

I\'ve stopped using the dropper on the NPA bottle, the drops are huge and uncontrollable. I use a bunch of eyedroppers I got at the drug store, one per ingredient to avoid cross contamination.

AFA works well with Issey at 4:1. It just doesn\'t enhance the fragrance nearly as well as NPA does. It does make a nice outside layer for cawwoting though, with the I/AFA on your clothes and the I/NPA on your skin.
    I wouldn\'t mix the three together. You deprive yourself of options by doing this. [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Is that Cavs as in Cavanaugh\'s?

Oscar [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Enlightened One

Hey heres an idea for a combo if you have issey NPA and AE try the following in a small test batch first to test its effectiveness. 60% issey 30% NPA amd 10% AE. Just another idea i had.

Thread Information