Close

Default Can\'t smell androstenone?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Here is a question I get every couple of days by e-mail:
    -------------
    Bruce,
    I\'ve received the PI. I couldn\'t detect any odour - Is this normal, just my nose, or is there something wrong?
    --------------
    Here is what I wrote, but I hope others can put in their thoughts and feelings on the subject.

The ability to detect pheromones is rather interesting actually. 25% of US men can not smell anything there either, so you are not alone. This % varies a LOT from culture to culture and of course women to men. I think you can train yourself to be able to detect this smell, and personally I have a feeling that you may notice some change in your social life just by learning to smell this pheromone. By the way, Primal contains only the pheromone androstenone which is the easiest to smell. Few if anyone can smell some of the others. I have found it to be quite an education in obtaining information about those I run into, just by noticing and remembering the smells of the different pheromones.
    They say you gotta \"stop to smell the roses\" along life\'s path. The scientist might refer to this as exercising your sense of smell. I find a sharp sense of smell to be of great advantage in life, rather than just being a diversion. It doesn\'t have to be such a great sacrifice.
    Cheers,
    Bruce

Default Re: Can\'t smell androstenone?

Bruce, how about putting together an FAQ on this site for newbies?

I think it would really help some of the new guys and it probably wouldn\'t hurt business either.

Hello PHP,
    I am a little embarassed to point it out because it is so badly in need of updating, but there is a FAQ sheet on the home page already. I have a mountain of questions and answers saved up to add to that, and it also needs to be organized into types of questions. It\'s a mess but have a look anyway. You might get something from it.
    Thanks,
    Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**

I wonder if I can smell -none? I do smell something in PI, a very thick, heavy, almost overwhelming smell. But maybe I smell the oil, not -none? Because I wouln\'t describe it as BO or cat piss at all. I\'d say it smells like an obscure exotic flower. It\'s not pleasant, but it\'s not totally repulsive either. When people say they can\'t smell -none att all, do they mean that literally, like water?? I find it hard to believe somebody wouln\'t notice the smell of PI.

Hello Finn,
    My guess is that you have a bottle of the \"new\" ylang ylang scented Primal in front of you there. A year or so ago, Primal started adding this essential oil in an attempt to mask the BO smell. It wasn\'t so popular with board members, so most folks you find here are using the \"old\" or unscented version which has a musky body odor smell to it. If you are not familiar with ylang ylang oil, next time you are in a health food store, pick up a sample bottle and have a sniff.
    Cheers,
    Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**

I ordered the unscented version and the label says nothing about it being scented. Do you think my bottle by mistake contains the scented version? Bummer.

It is the \"exotic flower\" part of your initial discription that leads me to think that. Take a sniff of some ylang ylang oil in a health food store and you will know for sure in one second. It has a very distinct smell and once you smell it, you always know it.
    Bruce

Enlightened One

I can smell it and sometimes it smells quite offensive as well but it works pretty well but i still stick that SOE is best all up.

**DONOTDELETE**

Gents,

I used to be able to smell none as an over powering cats pee odour, but after using NPA a while I notice that I don\'t detect it as much anymore! In fact after a while it seems to change and become strangely pleasant. I have also found, strangly enough, that sandlewood oil covers the smell so well that I can no longer detect it! I got 18 drops of NPA into some carrier oil with 5 drops sandlewood oil and couldn\'t smell a whiff of none at all.

Phero Enthusiast

WATCHOUT OF GETTING IMUNE WITH THE ODOR...YOU ARE MOST LIKELY TO INCREASE APPLICATION THAT WILL LEAD TO OD.

Travis

**DONOTDELETE**

Just ordered PI, can\'t smell a thing. 2nd order of NPA still can\'t smell it. SoE I can smell the fragrance. TE i can smell the fragrance. Both have added fragrances. Yes, like water(PI,NPA)....doesn\'t smell like anything at all. I\'m being more careful incase of accidentally ODing.

Enlightened One

Just make a conscious note after using for a while otherwise you tend to OD and apply more for each time find a good medium and stay with it otherwise you will stop noticing being in the zone as far as the perfect amount of any particular product.
    Also avoid coming acorss as offensive with the above mentioned. Unless you want to drive everyone or a particular smartass alpha male away helps to OD on none they bugger off quicksmart helps in certain situations,.

Thread Information