Close

Threaded View

Default Ideological Spectrum redux

After

looking at this chart, how did we get to where we are

now?

political poll chart.gif

http://www.gallup.com/poll/124958/Co... l-Group.aspx

With the number of conservatives at double the number of liberals since at least 1992, we

can only assume that A) Conservatives have been sleeping and B) Moderates change their votes along with their

overcoats.

Seeing how Obama won the 08 election with strong Moderate support makes me question the makeup of

Moderate opinion and motivation. Throwing their support to an empty candidate like Obama as they voted against Bush

was an exercise in unthinking irresponsibility, if not stupidity. With a little work, one could easily find out

what kind of President Obama would be, he is no real surprise now that his silent agenda as a candidate is now

coming to pass. Now we see the Moderates running away in droves with acute buyer's remorse.

If Conservative and

Liberal thought is underpinned by ideas and principles, what does a Moderate consistently believe about anything? I

suppose one could say he/she is a "fiscal conservative but social liberal" or some such, but do those two carry

equal weight in one's system of ideas? To what extent do such things as morals, sense of justice, concept of

freedom, role of government, personal responsibility or personal liberty play together in the scheme of one's life?

Each of these would be defined differently, and would place as different priorities, in a Conservative or a

Liberal. With the economic crisis just at the time of election day, did Moderates simply vote their wallets?

Its too complex trying to predict voters, and more so with Moderates I guess, but its very clear that we remain

a center-right country. The trend, as I see it, is two-fold. One, Moderates, whatever they are, are shifting away

from the guy they brought into office. I believe this is in direct response to Obama's extreme positions on

everything from socialization of business to his amateurish foreign policy. As well, there is a common thread

working through his agenda that equates to reduction of personal freedom and the minimalization of America. Second,

Obama/Reid/Pelosi have pulled Conservatives out of the closet. Their strong reaction is in direct proportion to the

cause.

Americans do not like their President bowing to Arab tyrants any more than they like their government

trying to ram through a health care program that is very clearly against their collective will.

This kind of

behavior does not help

matters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pO1oJPps1I

http://www.breitbart.tv/the-c-span-l...-negotiations/
    Last edited by idesign; 01-08-2010 at 09:04 AM.

Thread Information