Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

visit-red-300x50PNG
    FYI

Basic product info:

Went shopping today so sought out a bottle of this stuff.

"Dial for men, Magnetic Attraction Enhancing body

wash. Pheromone infused."

16oz/473ml bottle. Black plastic w/pop open top, red label.

Ingredient

list:
    "Water, sodium laureth sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, PEG-8, fragrance, sodium chloride, androstedienone

(pheromone), glycerin, PPG-2 hydroxyethyl coc/isostearamide, cocamidopropyl PG-dimonium chloride, polyquaternium-10,

polyquaternium-7, DMDM hydantoin, citric acid, tetrasodium EDTA, red 40, red 33, blue 1"

1-800-258-DIAL
    (website witheld)

purchased 10/11/09 @ Osco (Albertson's)
    Reg price listed as $5.99
    Sale

price $3.49

Only one version available on shelf. (I remember there being a green stripe version of the bar soap

at one time).

Scent reminds me of another dial for men bar soap (which I think also was marked with a red stripe

on package) , which reminded me of scent of AE.

The interesting thing is that they went with A-1 (which is

becoming my fave choice) and not -nols, -rone, or thank the odd gods of the galaxy, -none. Just like Realm for

men.

May give it a try this week sometime. Please excuse any typos in post. Currently dealing with a vitreal

detachment in one eye (dominant one of course...) and things are fuzzy.
    The opposite of love isn't hate.
    It's apathy

And oh, if anyone finds a different

version (ie a green label or whatever version), let me know where you found it. I actually liked the green stripe

version of the bar soap which of course was the first one they stopped carrying...
    It's apathy

I think I disagree with

Scotties123. Detectable scent should require about the same number of molecules as detectable pheromones. Since,

like the scent, the residual covers the entire body I imagine there is plenty to obtain responses.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

In short, if the scent stays why

wouldn't the pheromones stay.

Quote Originally Posted by tribal View Post
    In short,

if the scent stays why wouldn't the pheromones stay.
    That's my thought.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Lightbulb

Doesn't have to be that

way. Scent molecules and pheromones have different molecular structures. Whatever makes the Dial body wash smell a

certain way is designed to stick to the skin. However, the androstadienone molecules aren't very sticky (it's

more so with androstenone), so a lot of them will get washed away. Seems like a wasteful use for a pheromone

that's in high demand, and out of stock entirely at the other place.

I doubt they use the same

suppliers. There's a huge difference between the other place and a huge conglomerate like dial. Its altogether

possible that the makers of dial are making it themselves or have commissioned a laboratory to make it specifically

for them.

As for the stickiness, how hard would that be to modify and why would they bother if they couldn't

show that it worked to some degree?

Thomas Jefferson

If scent molecules and

pheromones have different molecular structures then it would mean pheromone products are scented to mask odour and

not to diffuse pheromones as mentioned on the other site.

Androstenone is not "stickier" it's just that if you

don't scrub properly it's OD effects are more pronounced than Androstenol, Androsterone and Androstadienone. If

you look at the molecular formula you'll realise Androstenol is heavier than Androstenone. I wonder who started all

this misinformation about -none. (not referring to you Attractor)

If you've ever applied an

unscented pheromone product you know that it needs nothing to help diffuse the constituent molecules. Added scent

is just a built-in cover.

Considering the tenacity of molecules, keep in mind that pheromones are hormones, and

change as they react with your skin, sometimes even converting. As well, we're adding to what we already produce

naturally, and amplifying it exponentially.

Speaking of nonsense, who

started the nonsense that scents were to difuse the pheromones? They only mask odor. Pheromones difuse well all be

themselves. The scent doesn't matter except it might encourage people to inhale them more if they like the scent.

Thomas Jefferson

Androstenone is not "stickier" it's just that if you don't scrub properly it's OD effects

are more pronounced than Androstenol, Androsterone and Androstadienone. If you look at the molecular formula you'll

realise Androstenol is heavier than Androstenone. I wonder who started all this misinformation about -none. (not

referring to you Attractor)
    I forgot to add... its not a matter of being "more pronounced", its a matter

of being a very different molecule with very different effects. Molecular weight has nothing to do with it.

Common science accepts that scent, and by extension pheromones-since they're processed by the same olfactory

system, are received and processed by molecular shape. Another well researched theory contends that scent is

recognized by vibration. That theory allows for a much more complex and realistic allowance for the huge diversity

in our ability to smell, and react to smells, particularly with reference to synthetic pheromones.

Its amazing

enough to think of this when we smell flowers and essential oils from those flowers. Imagining the ramifications of

molecular vibration causing reactions due to pheromonal stimulus kind of boggles the mind.

All of this is theory,

like all of what we know about synthetic pheromones, but applying common sense to science you can have a lot of

fun, and get a better angle on what we're dealing with.

By Tisha23 "Another reason

neroli was chosen is because they know that people want to use there own scents sometimes. Neroli blends with just

about anything. Foody scents, Musky scents, florals. It dosnt alter the cover scent. Many perfumers use it, not as

part of the scent but because it is so diffusive and can create more sillage (vapor trial) for there perfume

formulas. Sillage is important, it carries the mones around the targets and gently creates that pull to you.

"

Quote Originally Posted by idesign View Post
    I forgot to

add... its not a matter of being "more pronounced", its a matter of being a very different molecule with very

different effects. Molecular weight has nothing to do with it.

Common science accepts that scent, and by

extension pheromones-since they're processed by the same olfactory system, are received and processed by molecular

shape. Another well researched theory contends that scent is recognized by vibration. That theory allows for a

much more complex and realistic allowance for the huge diversity in our ability to smell, and react to smells,

particularly with reference to synthetic pheromones.

Its amazing enough to think of this when we smell

flowers and essential oils from those flowers. Imagining the ramifications of molecular vibration causing reactions

due to pheromonal stimulus kind of boggles the mind.

All of this is theory, like all of what we know about

synthetic pheromones, but applying common sense to science you can have a lot of fun, and get a better angle on

what we're dealing with.
    So what's your take on -none?

By Tisha23

"Another reason neroli was chosen is because they know that people want to use there own scents sometimes. Neroli

blends with just about anything. Foody scents, Musky scents, florals. It dosnt alter the cover scent. Many perfumers

use it, not as part of the scent but because it is so diffusive and can create more sillage (vapor trial) for there

perfume formulas. Sillage is important, it carries the mones around the targets and gently creates that pull to

you
    . "
    I see. In my personal opinion, I don't think she knows what she is talking about. Of

course, I do reserve the right to be wrong. However, mones create their own cloud which likely mixes with any other

scents but I do not believe that the scent does anything to carry the mones.

Thomas Jefferson

Banned User

Default Response From Dial

Mr.

(XXXXX)
    Page 1

October 13, 2009

Dear Mr. (XXXXX):

Thank you for taking the time to contact

us regarding a cleansing product we manufacture.

Unfortunately, the percentages of ingredients is proprietary

information and not available for dissemination.

Thank you again for contacting us.

Consumer

Affairs

If you should need to contact us again regarding this matter please refer to the following

contact number:
    XXXXX

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL. THE MAILBOX IS USED FOR OUTBOUND EMAILS

ONLY.

I didn't think they'd release any extra information but it was worth a shot. I agree w/ you Bel, a

distribution of this magnitude would have to be from another lab, maybe their own. Of course putting

.000000000001ncg of A1 in the soap could justify their claims of being "pheromone infused". Only testing will

tell.

I gave the product a shot during my

shower this morning. About the only immediate reaction is that I don't like the "slimey" feel that many body

washes, including this one, seem to leave behind. I guess it's done on the basis that it makes it feel like you

have softer skin, but to me it was uncomfortable and I rinsed a lot longer than usual to try to minimize the feel.

Scent-wise it was okay, pretty much faded down as expected to near nothing by afternoon.

As for pheromone

effects? Who knows... I'd have to test it for a lot longer and in more diverse situations, along with a "control"

product (non-pheromone enhanced).

So far, as far as I'm concerned, it's just a basic body wash product. Only

time will tell. If it tells at all.
    Last edited by Rbt; 10-13-2009 at 05:12 PM.
    It's apathy

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by belgareth View Post
    I

see. In my personal opinion, I don't think she knows what she is talking about. Of course, I do reserve the right

to be wrong. However, mones create their own cloud which likely mixes with any other scents but I do not believe

that the scent does anything to carry the mones.
    To me, in order for the scent to "carry" the

pheromones, the molecules would have to form a bond. I can't speak on the molecular stability of synthetic

pheromones. A study conducted by the EPA called "Polar Organic Compounds In Fragrances Of Consumers" claims the

tested fragrances contained ninety percent of the chemicals listed in the EPA's hazardous waste list. That's a lot

of molecules that could possibly carry or even break down pheromones. Keep in mind I'm not a chemist.

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
    I

didn't think they'd release any extra information but it was worth a shot. I agree w/ you Bel, a distribution of

this magnitude would have to be from another lab, maybe their own. Of course putting .000000000001ncg of A1 in the

soap could justify their claims of being "pheromone infused". Only testing will tell.
    I agree as

well. One thing I will note is the ingredients are listed from largest to smallest. So, there is more A1 than

preservatives but less than the salt content. At least that gives us some information. Though the amount of

stabilizers and preservatives is not a lot, the pheromone content should be enough to be active. I'm not in any way

a chemist but have worked with some organic compounds that required perservative and have something of a feel for

it.

I'd agree about the bond too but am too weak in chemistry to really be certain if it would happen or not.

Thomas Jefferson

this would also seem to

suggest that big companys are taking pheromones seriously. or taking the popularity [concerns of those wanting

'hits' seriously]. i wonder what their pharmacy labs made of the phermones?

Phero Guru

Default none

One could just apply the

wash to clothing instead of skin and see what happens.
    There is a cure for electile dysfuntion!!!!

I'm almost out of my blue

bottle. After a month layoff, I secured a three-week long gig with the same political canvassing group I was with

before.

A couple of the previous campaign's female canvassers are back, and there are a couple of cute

new field managers. Guess it's time to buy another bottle.

I've always had good results

when I mix A-1 with my A-7 and SOE. Ok I've tried the bodywash (red label) I seem to have the same success as with

the above combo. How long are you guys living the bodywash on before you wash it off? Does anybody actually leave

the bodywash on without washing it off just curious. I know the concentration isn't the same as the A-1 sold here.

Thanks.

Banned User

I've been leaving the

bodywash on. I also take a day or two off to avoid buildup.

I have been rinsing pretty

thouroughly as I don't like the slimey feel the stuff leaves.

I greatly suspect the amount of A1 in the mix is

pretty low anyway.
    It's apathy

I wash it off, but leave a

little on the inside of both ears.

Banned User

I started getting buildup

last week. I've been taking 2-3 showers a day between gym/running/socializing. There was a slight funk buildup and

people were acting strange in the social scenes. I'm taking a few days off to counteract the problem.

As it has a pheromone in it, I would

probably treat it like any other pheromone or pheromone product. Which means skipping a day or so now and then at

the least, and maybe even for longer periods of time now and then.

A1 itself I don't think would cause a

"funky" buildup. That could be something else in the product. You might want to use the Dial only once a day max,

and something else at other times if you shower more than once a day.

Given what I've heard about A1 itself I

would think the only danger in an OD buildup may be it's reputed "deperssive" effects on some men.
    It's apathy

I was using it every day for a

while when I realized that I get a bit of a headache and feeling a bit lethargic. Nevertheless, when I'm wearing

this product and I act happy or outgoing, the world responds better, more chatty and etc. than if I were acting

happy and outgoing without it.

Due to the possible negatives of this, I've been using it only on non-work days

and when I will be around the opposite sex. I think the killer application is when I combine it with IMPI (original

version 2). That really has a sexual suggestiveness to it.

Many years ago I used pure A1 with Alter Ego and

that was a good and my favorite combo, but this one is better. To make sure I have enough of the product on me I

often use it to wash my hair after my normal shampoo. The hair turns out fine and feels clean and there are no

negatives about doing it that way for me.

All da best 2 U!

Quote Originally Posted by ohmmmm View Post
    I was using it

every day for a while when I realized that I get a bit of a headache and feeling a bit lethargic. Nevertheless, when

I'm wearing this product and I act happy or outgoing, the world responds better, more chatty and etc. than if I

were acting happy and outgoing without it.

Due to the possible negatives of this, I've been using it only on

non-work days and when I will be around the opposite sex. I think the killer application is when I combine it with

IMPI (original version 2). That really has a sexual suggestiveness to it.

Many years ago I used pure A1 with

Alter Ego and that was a good and my favorite combo, but this one is better. To make sure I have enough of the

product on me I often use it to wash my hair after my normal shampoo. The hair turns out fine and feels clean and

there are no negatives about doing it that way for me.

All da best 2 U!

How thorgholy do

you rinse after applying Magnetic?
    It's apathy

Dial Magnetic seems to be

getting more popular. I made two trips to Wal-Mart in a span of three days and the counter Dial Magnetic was on went

from being fully stocked to having just a few stragglers left on it.

Even my skeptical brother-in-law

bought one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread Information