Close

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Phero release rate /intensity again

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I just can\'t let go of the issue of phero release rate, because I think it\'s the most highly variable factor, which prevents us from getting consistent results. I just put two sprays of 5:1 CK1 to NPA between my forearms and rubbed them together. Even though my forearms are at least twice as far from my nose as my chest, the scent is much greater than two sprays of the same mix on my shirt at chest level. If I raise my arms near my chest, the scent becomes almost overwhelming.

Now, I\'m trying to figure out whether the intensity of a any scent decreases with the distance^2 or distance^3. Subjectively, distance^2 seems about right, and it makes sense if you visualize a sphere of area 4 pi r^2 and your nose as a small fraction of the area at any distance. In that case, the same dose of pheros applied to skin would appear more than 4 times as strong as applied to clothing -- probably closer to 8-12 times. The intensity on clothing probably triples with body heat during exercise, but it\'s still likely a good deal lower than skin application.

If application on clothing is much less intense, have people found that larger doses can be applied to clothing without ODing?

Also, I notice that some people like to dab on NPA straight, noting that it lasts longer, This is likely because of the smaller surface that the concentrated mix is spread over. Maybe, this is the best intermediate between clothing and skin application of dilute mixes. This could also explain why some people have had the best success with PI, concentrated skin dab on product.

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Phero release rate /intensity again

I\'m interested if anyone has thoughts on the differences between alcohol and oil based products.

The only products I\'ve tried so far are SOE and TE. SOE seems to last alot longer than TE for me... I\'m guessing this is b/c SOE is oil based, while TE is alcohol based.

**DONOTDELETE**

New idea...

Spray pheros with cologne on skin near neckline and sleeve openings and rub inside of clothing against the wet area to soak most of the it up. This should spread the pheros over a larger area of clothing than a spray can. The body heat will release the pheros on the inside of clothing and leak out of the neck line and sleeve.

Maybe a good intermediate between skin and clothing application...

Phero Enthusiast

Releasing the pheros off your skin or clothing is an evaporation event - as previously noted it would involve volatility of the phero, surface temp, surface area, reserve of phero at the application site, etc. You could probably find an analogous compound in a chem. engineering handbook and dig into the release process. But then you\'ve also got the transmission to the target through the air - with all kinds of complex variables in that process. Then you\'ve got subjectively perceived results of the phero-effect on the target once the phero actually arrives. Not to mention individual sensitivity differences.

For me this adds up to a difficult study that might be interesting in a research lab, but will never be useful to me in the field. A practical shortcut for me is to just experiment with dabs/sprays/etc. in search of something that \'seems\' to work, and try to zero in that way. Knowing the evaporative release rate quantitatively is pointless, since I don\'t know what to do with that info when I have it.

Thread Information