Close

Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1
    Stranger
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Kill bacteria to stop BO & support natural 'mones

    visit-red-300x50PNG
    Silver Protect Deodorant: Good idea but stops sweating, which is where natural 'mones come

    from

    Royal Jelly: Works, but I can't find an odourless version that can be applied liberally

    enough

    Sandlewood: Smells like sandlewood, and I'm looking for something to kill the bacteria that cause bad

    body odour only

    Ionic silver, silver solution, or collodial silver: Unsure. Lots of disinformation. Guess I'll

    have to try it and see if I don't stink anymore.

    Iodine: I have some here so I'll give it a go! May well cause

    yellow or blue discolouration though - yuk.

    Salt: Combine with Iodine perhaps. I do find it takes longer to stink

    after surfing. Simple solution. Give it a go.

    Hydrogen peroxide: Have some at home. Try it in 3% when I get

    back.

    Honey: ...er... obviously I don't need to say why!

    If you try any of these let me know how you

    get on

  2. #2
    Kodachrome Forever! Gegogi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lost
    Posts
    2,708
    Rep Power
    6771

    Default

    Actually many of the mones on

    your skin are produced by bacteria interacting with sweat. For example, both androstenol and androstenone may be

    produced by bacteria breaking down androstadienone. The reason we wear artificial mones is because modern folks

    shower once or twice daily and wash off both bacteria and sweat. The plus here is we can tailor our pheromone

    signature while avoiding most of the BO related side effects of natural mone production.
    "I'm just a dirty hornytoad" -Gegogi

  3. #3
    Phero Enthusiast chicago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    370
    Rep Power
    6173

    Default

    One time I was in a gas station

    and a homeless person came in. I feel very sorry that he is homeless. But his body oder was like a skunk. The theory

    about not taking showers and bringing out your natural Pheromones I do not agree

    with.
    ________
    Female advice dicussion
    Last edited by chicago; 04-08-2011 at 04:01 PM.

  4. #4
    Stranger
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    oh no I didn't relise pheros

    can't be made with bacteria. Guess that ruins that plan.

    Had a look at the Iodine. This is the stuff that they

    use in theatre - orange/yellow. Not something you want staining armpits

  5. #5
    Stranger
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Checking it out I've seen

    that bacteria does effect 'mones.

    For example, one 'mone can be converted to another by bacteria.

    However, I

    haven't seen anything to say that active 'mones are only created by bacterial action,

    aka,

    that bacterial

    action is required for natural production.

    There's a paper here, but, i think, it's not much

    help:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8...?dopt=Abstract

    The search continues.
    A practical

    experiment of bacterial inhibition is a good idea.

    I think to myself, what is BO? What are those smells? Is all

    of BO actually 'mone relevent? Is a part of BO bad news in the same way there are good and bad bacteria in the

    gut?

    The goal is to have a natural smell that is acceptable to society. This may be possible straight away if

    good bacteria aren't essential, but if bacteria are needed in production, then you'd have to kill just

    certain types of bacteria and that's beyond what's readily possible.

    I think bacteria do play a role because

    that would give wieght to the idea of bacteria on the skin being transmitted and thus, a biological reason as to

    more attraction with promiscuity, rather than thinking `Hey, this guy has likely got an STD`.

    -j

  6. #6
    Full Member kgk4569's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    177
    Rep Power
    4716

    Default

    BO is the aftermath of

    sweating.

    Sweating in another excretory function of your body, it's just like pissing shitting or vomiting, it

    helps your body get rid of wastes. Have you ever noticed that when you drink too much, you (more likely someone else

    though) can smell it coming through your pores? Or have you ever eaten ALOT of garlic and smelled that come thorugh

    your pores?

    When people are ill their BO changes because as the body processes the wastes it forces some of

    them out through the skin, you body also does this with Caffeene and many other things you ingest. The best way to

    reduce bad BO is to eat healthily, and take care of yourself.

    Also try to use natural Soaps. they absorb into

    your skin during washing, and help good bacteria and your skin. whereas synthetic soaps have other chemicals that

    seep into your skin and come out with sweat, these chemicals aren't always the best smelling either.

  7. #7
    Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    6,233
    Rep Power
    7824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chicago View Post
    One time

    I was in a gas station and a homeless person came in. I feel very sorry that he is homeless. But his body oder was

    like a skunk. The theory about not taking showers and bringing out your natural Pheromones I do not agree

    with.
    No one here has ever seriously advocated that theory. Instead I have advocated that showering

    with hot water instead of soap does indeed enhance your natural pheromones to good effect, while avoiding stink.

    The key is to scrub and exfoliate with a wash cloth or whatever, and to take a good sweat on a regular basis to

    cleanse your pores, in addition to the water showers (or baths). You do everything except for use soap, including

    scrubbing your vital areas. I take one or two showers a day this way, depending. The exception in that method is

    to wash off old pheromones, and to wash your hands. It might take your body a brief time to adjust, while your

    healthy skin bacteria replenishes, balances and stabilizes. No one here has ever reported BO problems while

    employing this method thoroughly. You just smell like water after a hot water shower. On the other hand, several

    have reported an increase in attention and interest. Stink is not caused by bacteria in general, whereas healthy

    bacteria prevent stink. Opportunistic, unhealthy bacteria colonies can indeed cause a funk, however. But those

    opportunistic colonies can never take root if a person is sufficiently covered in healthy bacteria. I haven't used

    deodorant or anti-perspirant in many years (just sandalwood or something similar, but that is not necessary) and

    have never received a complaint with this method.
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

  8. #8
    Full Member kgk4569's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    177
    Rep Power
    4716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrSmellThis View Post
    No

    one here has ever seriously advocated that theory. Instead I have advocated that showering with hot water instead of

    soap does indeed enhance your natural pheromones to good effect, while avoiding stink. The key is to scrub and

    exfoliate with a wash cloth or whatever, and to take a good sweat on a regular basis to cleanse your pores, in

    addition to the water showers (or baths). You do everything except for use soap, including scrubbing your vital

    areas. I take one or two showers a day this way, depending. The exception in that method is to wash off old

    pheromones, and to wash your hands. It might take your body a brief time to adjust, while your healthy skin bacteria

    replenishes, balances and stabilizes. No one here has ever reported BO problems while employing this method

    thoroughly. You just smell like water after a hot water shower. On the other hand, several have reported an increase

    in attention and interest. Stink is not caused by bacteria in general, whereas healthy bacteria prevent stink.

    Opportunistic, unhealthy bacteria colonies can indeed cause a funk, however. But those opportunistic colonies can

    never take root if a person is sufficiently covered in healthy bacteria. I haven't used deodorant or

    anti-perspirant in many years (just sandalwood or something similar, but that is not necessary) and have never

    received a complaint with this method.
    Seriously you have to try the soaps at that plce I mentioned, my

    skin has never felt better, and the fact that they are natural, leads me to believe that it is also healthy for the

    good bacteria.

  9. #9
    Phero Enthusiast chicago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    370
    Rep Power
    6173

    Default

    DrSmellThis: I disagree with

    you. I think you are very confused about attracting females.
    ________
    MEXICO

    HOTELS
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by chicago; 04-08-2011 at 04:03 PM.

  10. #10
    Full Member kgk4569's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    177
    Rep Power
    4716

    Default

    @ chicago: Some people don't

    need to shower with soap regularly. I have a friend that does it once every 2 Days, you would never notice.



    Personally If I don't bathe every day i start smelling a bit rank.

    Lots of things go into what makes up your

    personal smell. Diet, Hygene, General Health... All of these things and more make you smell like you.

  11. #11
    Phero Enthusiast chicago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    370
    Rep Power
    6173

    Default

    kgk4569: you are

    confused
    ________
    Medical Cannabis Seeds
    Last edited by chicago; 04-08-2011 at 04:03 PM.

  12. #12
    Moderator belgareth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Lower Slovobia
    Posts
    7,961
    Rep Power
    7674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kgk4569 View Post
    @

    chicago: Some people don't need to shower with soap regularly. I have a friend that does it once every 2 Days, you

    would never notice.

    Personally If I don't bathe every day i start smelling a bit rank.

    Lots of things go

    into what makes up your personal smell. Diet, Hygene, General Health... All of these things and more make you smell

    like you.
    I agree. Myself I usually shower a couple times a day because I work out in the evenings. But

    others I know need to shower far less often than me and don't get rank. My brother in law was one of those, even

    backpacking he wouldn't start to smell for days while the rest of the group could gag a skunk.

    Personally, I'd

    be inclined to take the Doc's word for his results. He isn't the type to lie like that.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

    Thomas Jefferson

  13. #13
    Phero Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    815
    Rep Power
    7433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chicago View Post
    kgk4569: you

    are confused


    Chicago, you really should stop projecting your self image on everyone else. It makes

    you look more frustrated than you already are.

  14. #14
    Phero Enthusiast chicago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    370
    Rep Power
    6173

    Default

    tounge: your awesome man, when I

    grow up I wanna be just like

    you.
    ________
    Metal model hi cap

    airsoft magazine
    Last edited by chicago; 04-08-2011 at 04:03 PM.

  15. #15
    Full Member kgk4569's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    177
    Rep Power
    4716

    Default

    How am I confused?

  16. #16
    Moderator belgareth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Lower Slovobia
    Posts
    7,961
    Rep Power
    7674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chicago View Post
    tounge:

    your awesome man, when I grow up I wanna be just like you.
    There are a lot of worse things to aspire

    too. Tounge is a good and honest man with principles. I can't say as much for most people.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

    Thomas Jefferson

  17. #17
    Phero Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    815
    Rep Power
    7433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by belgareth View Post
    There are a

    lot of worse things to aspire too. Tounge is a good and honest man with principles. I can't say as much for most

    people.


    Thanks man. Chicago does post the truth though. He admits he hasn't grown up yet.

  18. #18
    Full Member kgk4569's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    177
    Rep Power
    4716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tounge View Post
    Thanks

    man. Chicago does post the truth though. He admits he hasn't grown up yet.
    ouch that was a burn!

  19. #19
    Moderator belgareth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Lower Slovobia
    Posts
    7,961
    Rep Power
    7674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tounge View Post
    Thanks

    man. Chicago does post the truth though. He admits he hasn't grown up yet.
    That he does. But we

    all suffered from that at one time or the other. Most grow out of it eventually. Some even become honorable

    people.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

    Thomas Jefferson

  20. #20
    Phero Master terry0400-40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Where Velvet Darkness is Kissed by Golden Starlight
    Posts
    2,322
    Rep Power
    5937

    Default I believe he is good basic material

    While on the subject of growing up and becoming an honourable and

    controlled gentleman i have every faith that our friend from Chicago is made up of excellent fabric stock and will

    eventually overcome the tendancy to overslap the dingle dongle dangle.





    Why even i myself have overcome and triumphed over the dingle dongle

    dangle.


    I am proud to say that i acomplished this

    last week, and now i feel like a new man, Yea vigorous, accomplished and ready to contribute towards society in a

    meaningful way.
    I AM. Out of my mind .... .... ....

  21. #21
    Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    6,233
    Rep Power
    7824

    Default

    For some extremely strange

    reason, I am unable to post on this topic without getting misheard; perhaps because the idea seems so strange. It

    always goes like this: People generally hear me like I am suggesting to take fewer showers, whereas you could in

    fact take even more showers with my approach, because you are preserving your skin. I often take two hot showers a

    day, scrubbing thoroughly. Just without soap. I am not, repeat not, some kind of special person who doesn't stink

    much. If I don't shower I stink. If I start using soap all the time, I stink! It has nothing to do with that. It's

    all about the method.
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

  22. #22
    Phero Dude
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Bainbridge Island Washington
    Posts
    580
    Rep Power
    6365

    Default

    The stink that your homeless man

    exudes may be a combination of a variety of different things such as fecal matterial, stale urine, stale booze and a

    variety of unhealthy waste accumulated in the persons body being disposed of thru sweat. Health issues have an

    enormous impact on a persons smell...one need only hang out in a nursing facility for a while to figure that out in

    a bad way.

    Healthy people may "stink" sometimes but that smell isnt usualy that bad.And a hot shower without

    soap is usualy more than enough to deal with the smell.Recent studies have shown that your hair should only be

    washed with soap once a week to allow natural oils to build up on the hair and scalp to reduce dandruf and dry scalp

    and to actualy condition the hair rather than using hair care products for that purpose.
    "The wages of sin is death.But after taxes it's just sort of a tired feeling realy." -Ellen DeGeneres

  23. #23
    Phero Master terry0400-40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Where Velvet Darkness is Kissed by Golden Starlight
    Posts
    2,322
    Rep Power
    5937

    Default Bath soaps a good moneyspinner.

    I go along with DocSmellThis ideas on hygene because i realize just

    how benificial a good hot shower can be on opening up and cleaning the sweat

    pores.




    Also a rub over the whole body with a course face washer will remove old

    dead tissue as well as promoting good skin circulation, and all of the above contributes towards healthy skin.





    Sometimes when i am on a health kick i discard soap and shampoo for at least

    a month and after my shower i add a few teaspoons of apple cyder vinegar to a litre of water and masage my whole

    body and orfices including my head hair with this mixture and when then dried off with a course towel it leaves the

    skin sqeaky clean and also the hair is as soft as a babys.
    I AM. Out of my mind .... .... ....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •