Close

Stranger

Question Realm for Men - Overpriced?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I'm

wondering why Realm for men is so expensive at Ls store..
    Searching the web I can easily find it for 1/4 of the

price...

Why??

Stranger

Quote Originally Posted by cygnus View Post
    I'm

wondering why Realm for men is so expensive at Ls store..
    Searching the web I can easily find it for 1/4 of the

price...

Why??
    I bought my realm on amazon for like 1/5th of the price as well. I think it cost me

like 25 bucks for the large one. Not quite sure why it's so expensive here though.

It smells friken awesome

though. It's a very nice manly smell but not too powerful to stink up the place. Similar to chikara too! I tend to

smell myself a lot when im wearing either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cellardude View Post
    I bought my realm on amazon for like 1/5th of the price as well. I think it cost me like

25 bucks for the large one. Not quite sure why it's so expensive here though.

It smells friken awesome though.

It's a very nice manly smell but not too powerful to stink up the place. Similar to chikara too! I tend to smell

myself a lot when im wearing either of them.

i actually was thinking about buying the

cologne

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Realm is designed for self

effects, though the scientific jury is still out on whether it works for that.

So you shouldn't get it thinking

you'll get romantic or sexual interest from it.

If you love the scent, go for it. I've never smelled it. But I

doubt its a great scent or anything, since it was not designed by a perfumer in house, but is a stock chemical scent

from IFF or someplace. Of course, most people, frankly, cannot tell the difference betweeen a high and low quality

perfume. Even people who design and manufacture these kinds of products often have little development aesthetically

to consider the smells with any sophistication. I hate to sound like a snob, but it's worth it if someone gets

turned on to the bigger world of smells.

My advice to anyone surfing this site who is new to the perfume and

cologne world: Develop your taste for smells first by trying lots of essential oils and only top of the line

scents. You want to go to the most exclusive and expensive perfume house in your area, for example; not rely on the

opinions of kids working at department store perfume counters. They are told to pretend they know something, which

makes them more "dangerous" than people who admit their lack of information.

It's like people with no musical

knowledge think Paris Hilton and Britney Spears are the best musicians. They have never developed their

ears.

There is no reason to get anything but the best scent for yourself that money can buy. This is because over

time there is no real, meaningful difference in per day or week cost to the average budget. If your cologne lasts

two years, what is the difference if it costs 20 dollars or sixty? If you are wearing it every day, you can't

afford NOT to get the very best for you, since you are nonetheless constantly judged by your smell. You get the best

result by trying out lots of examples of organic scents and elite perfumes.
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

Thread Information