Close

Thread: Manic

Default Manic

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Hi!

Ok, so I'm

manic-depressive, my cycle is seasonal I get very depressed in the fall, and very manic in the spring. I've learned

how to stave off the depressive part of my cycle with massive amounts of caffene, good heavy metal, and friends. i

usually embrace my manic cycle though.

so I was just wondering, does anyone think me using Mones will mess with

something??

Today I'm enjoying myself by liberally dosing myself with caffeene also. I'm tripping balls like a

rabid squirrel on speed.

Quote Originally Posted by kgk4569 View Post
    Hi!

Ok, so

I'm manic-depressive, my cycle is seasonal I get very depressed in the fall, and very manic in the spring. I've

learned how to stave off the depressive part of my cycle with massive amounts of caffene, good heavy metal, and

friends. i usually embrace my manic cycle though.

so I was just wondering, does anyone think me using Mones will

mess with something??

Today I'm enjoying myself by liberally dosing myself with caffeene also. I'm tripping

balls like a rabid squirrel on speed.
    Do you think you have Seasonal Affective Disorder? (SAD). I have

at least one good friend who always gets depressed during the darker winter months. She also happens to live In

PA.
    The opposite of love isn't hate.
    It's apathy

Nope definately Manic

depressive, My doctor thought the same as you until he identified all the symptoms. mainly because in mid cycle if I

have High amounts of stress it makes me swing out of cycle for a short bit.

There have been a few members

in the past that claimed the mones stayed with them for months at a time. The only one I am certain about did have

some psychological problems but I don't remember the details. I think he had a rather large share of paranoia. THAT

IS ONLY THE OPINION OF A COMPLETELY UNQUALIFIED LAYMAN!

I'd caution you to watch for unusual impressions and

feelings when using mones and suggest that you discontinue all use if you notice anything untoward. I do not believe

that mones will do more than slightly alter your mood on a short term basis but there is no telling what you might

percieve. No slam against you, please don't take it that way. I know it can be really tough to deal with the

disease and you have my understanding. All I am doing is suggesting extreme caution because nobody really knows and

nobody wants to see you come to harm.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Hi!

Ok, so I'm manic-depressive, my cycle is seasonal I get very depressed in the fall, and very manic in the spring.

I've learned how to stave off the depressive part of my cycle with massive amounts of caffene, good heavy metal,

and friends. i usually embrace my manic cycle though.

so I was just wondering, does anyone think me using Mones

will mess with something??

Today I'm enjoying myself by liberally dosing myself with caffeene also. I'm

tripping balls like a rabid squirrel on speed.
    I also get depressed in the autumn. I don't think it's a

disease. I just don't like autumn. So don't worry coz.

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Default Speculation about pheromone products and mood

Hi!

Ok, so I'm manic-depressive, my cycle is seasonal I get very

depressed in the fall, and very manic in the spring. I've learned how to stave off the depressive part of my cycle

with massive amounts of caffene, good heavy metal, and friends. i usually embrace my manic cycle though.

so I

was just wondering, does anyone think me using Mones will mess with something??
    Although psychology is my

field, we don't know enough to make scientific statements about this stuff yet. In other words, there is

almost no published scientific evidence that pheromone products affect mood. All I can do is speculate from

experience as a consumer, like the rest of you. But I'm going to; because speculation has its scientific role, of

generating hypotheses.

Having said that, here are some educated guesses for further study --

* In

general, I suspect it is possible that a mone like androstenone could temporarily worsen a manic episode

while it is on your skin, especially in the areas of agression and grandiosity.

* If manic episodes are

characterized by excessive talkativeness, which they often are; in that case, androstenol might slightly and

temporarily exacerbate a manic episode.

* Based on some anecdotal reports over the years, Androstadienone

(A1)
    could possibly worsen a depressive episode; again temporarily, and while on the skin.

* The natural

perfume Pheros might take the edge off a depressive episode for a few hours. It seems like it might be

calming for either mood state. A product like Instant Shine or TAA (available elsewhere) might also

temporarily improve mood (but at least one person reported a slight rebound effect).

* Androsterone to me

seems grounding, and might contend to be the safest of the most commonly used laboratory pheromones in either mood

state. I believe Maiworm and colleagues may have reported a "comforting" effect with the stuff, in an actual

scientific study.

The best teacher is experience. So you should mostly pay close attention to your moods while

wearing any pheromone product. You might want to stay a bit more vigilant for the effects I speculated about above.

No product affects everyone the same way. If you experience problems while wearing a pheromone product, it would be

wisest to discontinue use of that product.

Hope these ideas helped. Best wishes in managing your moods

condition!
    Last edited by DrSmellThis; 03-15-2009 at 03:15 PM.
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

well I'm a bout 5 days into my

cycle and it's going well so far, the not sleeping thing is a bit annoying as always, but the added energy really

helps that. The heavy amounts of caffene I have been taking off and on help my body crash when I come down from it.

I havn't so far noticed any changes with the mones, but I have been getting more compliments, and more

attention....all very interesting.

Stranger

Default Bipolar/Manic Depressive anecdotes

I've found that my experiences with 'mones tends to echo the above, but not strongly. -Nol tends to make me a

bit subdued, which I can -if I am not paying attention- interpret as the cue to swing into depressive states. The

biggest thing I noticed, though, was that since there is an effect on EVERYONE, not just the objects of my

attention, I was really thrown off balance at first by the subtle change in my social reality. Basically, everyone

acted a little different, and that really screwed me up as people with this condition tend to be really brittle when

it comes to changes in social routine. As long as I remembered that I put it on, I was fine, and after a while I no

longer ran into it. Perhaps I adjusted, or some more complex social adjustment had taken place? Don't know, but I

know I use a lower dose now.

Didn't stick with me longer than 6-10 hours though, and that if I am lucky.

I'm still the center of

attention, that hasn't changed much.

Stranger

that was the problem for me -

I'm usually not. Deliberately, though. At the time I had been fading into the background in social situations for

a couple of years, for a variety of reasons, and I was quite surprised when suddenly people were paying a lot more

attention to me than I was prepared for. Things are better now on that front, but it was startling to suddenly not

be in the bleachers.

ah, with me I'm 6'5" 316lb.

and I'm built like a bear. So i'm hard to miss, and my personality is off kilter, so I'm also fun.

Thread Information