Close

Hybrid View

Speaking of moderation, can we

take this back to the topic?
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Phero Dude

Topic? you want to be on topic?

There goes the neighborhood.....

There have been a number of experiments of this type conducted using everything

from printed oppinion forms filled out by the participants to MRIs and I wouldnt be supprised if somebody tried

doing disections befor and after the experiment. The one thing that has been fairly consistent is that men and women

realy do respond to the opposite sex differently under conditions involving sweat and arousal. The hard work isnt

figuring out that it works...the hard part has been figuring out how to enhance responses from the opposite sex to

our individual advantage.

Thats where we come in.......
    "The wages of sin is death.But after taxes it's just sort of a tired feeling realy." -Ellen DeGeneres

Quote Originally Posted by tim929 View Post
    Topic? you

want to be on topic? There goes the neighborhood.....

There have been a number of experiments of this type

conducted using everything from printed oppinion forms filled out by the participants to MRIs and I wouldnt be

supprised if somebody tried doing disections befor and after the experiment. The one thing that has been fairly

consistent is that men and women realy do respond to the opposite sex differently under conditions involving sweat

and arousal. The hard work isnt figuring out that it works...the hard part has been figuring out how to enhance

responses from the opposite sex to our individual advantage.

Thats where we come in.......
    Ah...well!

You know how it is. Got to do something to justify my incredibly high salary.

Hey Tim! Long time. Good to see

you around.

It surprises me the number of people who still stand firm on the idea that heromones do not work. A

lot of people think the whole thing belongs in the same catagory as bigfoot and UFOs. I'm not complaining. It gives

us fruitcakes a leg up in society.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

High salary? Damn! I've got

to talk to Bruce...

I was never much interested in the "science of attraction" until I found these Mone thingys,

and find the science pretty interesting but not all that useful. I think behavior is too complex and unpredictable

from setting to setting to be able to nail down some kind of formula for success. Knowing that Stimulus A triggers

Response B in Location C in Brain D only tells us what we know from experience. Knowing how an internal combustion

engine works does not make me a better driver.

Pheromones definitely work, and will "jump-start" a situation, but

you're still left with what you can do afterwards to manage the response, as Tim said.

Dos centavos

Default Want to know, but really don't

Very

interesting research, to know the (why) and (How) in the brains ..

But do we want to really know ?

With

social science being advanced, if that type of brain activities research would produce the conclusive results, with

'guaranteed' implements, products, to trigger exact and guaranteed results ... it won't be days til it is all

'on the market', products for sale left and right ...

Then where would that take us ? - no initiative,

spontaneousity, excitement, experimentations, successes and failures.

Would humans then evolve and find other

methods of selections ?

Hope we get close, but not close enough to our detriment

Quote Originally Posted by idesign View Post
    High

salary? Damn! I've got to talk to Bruce...

I was never much interested in the "science of attraction" until I

found these Mone thingys, and find the science pretty interesting but not all that useful. I think behavior is too

complex and unpredictable from setting to setting to be able to nail down some kind of formula for success. Knowing

that Stimulus A triggers Response B in Location C in Brain D only tells us what we know from experience. Knowing how

an internal combustion engine works does not make me a better driver.

Pheromones definitely work, and will

"jump-start" a situation, but you're still left with what you can do afterwards to manage the response, as Tim

said.

Dos centavos

When it comes to sex, people are about as complicated as it can get. Youve got

fetishes, things that turn certain people on or off, its not like an animal...when one gets in the heat it has sex

with whatever happens to be available. Phermones can defineitly be used to control sexual behavior of an animal, but

people arent that simple and they always have the choice based on what thier preferences are.

Actually as I understand it,

pheromones don't necessarily "alter" behavior, especially in us "higher forms" who also use concious thought. They

are just a form of chemical communication between organisms.

They might "influence" behavior, but the "altering"

part is up to the brain. And although pheromones may "communicate" with the more "primitive" parts of the brain (eg

brain stem as some call it), the end behavior still must be "filtered" through the semi-concious mid-brain and more

or less fully conscious upper-brain (if we also assume the "triune" brain theory).

Which of course, like has

been said, means it comes down to still having to *act* on or dig out and encourage whatever feelings may be being

evoked by the actions of the pheromones on the body/brain.

Just my thoughts fer what they is worth.

The opposite of love isn't hate.
    It's apathy

Stranger

So if a guy would not

naturally be attracted to you (that is without the artificial -Mones), exactly what influence would the -mones have

on him/how effectively could they change his opinion? -I know you cannot be 'exact' with this, that there are so

many other factors involved.

'Mones are applied because they

can lead to sexual interest. It is believed that they are detected by the VNO (Vomeronasal Organ) in the nose. This

is a separate thing from a sense of smell. There is a direct link to the brain of chemical messages I believe.

They work for some people on some occasions - how 'effective' also depends which 'mone product

applied, your body heat, skin exposure .... They are well worth experimenting with & for fun.

I used 1/2

'The Edge/men' gel pack (TE/m) on my neck & a girl sitting next to me ended her conversation with me by saying

'Is there anything else you would like ?'
    I replied that I always like to look at the menu before I make my

selection

Thread Information