visit-red-300x50PNG

var JS_OMNI_TOOLS= "ART~~230696";var JS_OMNI_T1=

"generic";

Can

our pheromones attract a

partner?

[IMG]http://health.ninemsn.com.au/img/whatsgoodforyou/wgfy_watc

hvideo.jpg[/IMG]

Why is it that members of the opposite sex flock to some people like moths to a flame?

Whereas nobody bothers to chase the others?
    Is it just the way they look or are there other biological forces at

work — like the way they smell? Could the secret to finding the perfect partner lie in your pheromones?
    A

pheromone is a chemical produced by a living organism that transmits a message to other members of the same species.

It's particularly well developed in the insect world — but do we humans produce pheromones as a means to attract a

partner?
    The test
    Our reporter Leila McKinnon is going to test it out with three hunky young students

from Yale University in Connecticut. They've been working up a sweat in their T-shirts which we're going to get

three girls to sniff to see which they like.
    Now proponents of the theory that pheromones work for humans, think

that we attract a partner with the most opposite immune system, so any babies we have are protected from more

diseases. Sounds fair enough, but is it true? Let's find out who smells the sexiest.
    Our three brave female

volunteers Julianne, Kate and Jocelyn need to have a good sniff of each shirt and decide which one is the most

attractive.
    Julianne goes first and she's the one with the most at stake. One of the shirts belongs to her

brother Greg. Remember, we choose partners with immune systems most unlike ours, so Julianne should reject the smell

of Greg's T-shirt since brother and sister share similar immune systems.
    After all three have had a good sniff,

it's time to find out which guy's going to come up smelling of roses — and does this pheromone theory have any

legs?
    Results
    Which one did Kate like most?
    "Definitely, the first one, because it was the least

repulsive and I like a guy that smells good."
    First score to Michael.
    What about Jocelyn? She also chooses

Michael's shirt.
    Now for the big question — which shirt did Julienne choose? Remember, she shouldn't be

attracted to the T-shirt her brother wore because its smell signals an immune system too much like her own.
    But,

she also chooses Michael — thank goodness for that! So far, the theory holds true.
    So which shirt belonged to

Julianne's brother?
    Julianne: "I hope it's the middle one so I can make fun of him because that one by far

smells the worse."
    Yes, that is her brother's shirt!
    Leila: "How do you feel about the fact that you didn't

pick your brother's shirt?"
    Julianne: "It's a relief to me because I went into this fearing that it was going to

be familiar to me and choosing it would be embarrassing and then everyone would think that I had some weird sexual

attraction to my brother — so I'm very relieved."
    So in our test Michael had the most appealing pheromones. But

if nature hasn't been as kind to you is there a chemical shortcut? Yes, apparently. Chemically synthesised

pheromones are already on the market. But do they work?
    Twins Phoebe and Edwina have volunteered to go speed

dating for us. Phoebe has been using pheromones for a week while Edwina will be the control in this experiment.

Let the pheromone fun begin!
    As twins, their immune systems are identical, so that's not going to influence the

guys' choice. Their personalities are similar too.
    So which gal will win the hearts of the most guys at our speed

dating event?
    All the daters are given scores out of 10 for personality, attractiveness, romantic interest and

whether they'd like to see them again.
    Who won? Edwina!
    Greg, Tyler and Ned gave Edwina their highest score.

While Pat gave both girls top marks. Ben was the only guy to pick Phoebe.
    Leila: "What do you think about

pheromones now?"
    Edwina: "Well, I don't think they're that trustworthy."
    Phoebe: "I don't think they work."

At Columbia University, biologist Dr Stuart Firestein agrees. In fact, he says humans don't even have an organ

for detecting pheromones.
    "In humans it's only there embryonically. By the time we're born this organ and its

contents have disappeared so there's no direct method to detect pheromones in humans," he says.
    Conclusion

If smell is a part of our mating ritual, then there's a whole lot going on that we don't know about. So it's

probably not wise to rely on your nose to pick your perfect partner.
    So don't give up the make-up, hairdos and

nice outfit just yet! After all, you still have to attract a mate by sight, before you can get close enough to give

them a good sniff!
    Fast facts
    • Getting ready for a big date? Should you slap on the aftershave

and perfume? Or are there other smells that will turn on the opposite sex? Well forget your expensive perfumes

girls, researchers in Chicago found that for blokes, a mixture of pumpkin pie and lavender was the biggest turn on.

And for women, after-shave was a turn off. What gets the girls hot to trot is a good whiff of liquorice candy and

cucumber. Go

figure!
    [IMG]http://health.ninemsn.com.au/img/whatsgoodforyou/wgfy_watchvideo

.jpg[/IMG]

I AM. Out of my mind .... .... ....

So when do you suppose Creed (or

another) will be coming out with liquorice candy and cucumber cologne?

Or will be seeing a version at L-S

soon?

Scratch that... anybody interested in a new business venture? DST?
    The opposite of love isn't hate.
    It's apathy

Stranger

I notice there's no mention of

what product/'mone Phoebe was wearing.....or what dosage.....or whether or not she was the ugly twin (there's

always an uglier one )

Where Velvet Darkness is Kissed by Golden Starlight

Quote Originally Posted by BLADE View Post
    I

notice there's no mention of what product/'mone Phoebe was wearing.....or what dosage.....or whether or not she

was the ugly twin (there's always an uglier one )
    You are certainly on the money BLADE, As

only heaven knows what supposed pheromone the girl had applied, and in what quantity and also was she Pheromone

Experienced ? and therefore qualified to read the sighns as to exactly what was going on in

reality.

Yeah far too many ifs, buts and maby's for my

reconing.

Besides i have had some pheromone experience over a 12 year period and i have seen

some very real results from the use of them, and i still have much to learn.

Today of all days i may be able to make an important note regarding my pheromone use because today

i went out and completly forgot to apply my usual 20 mcg + Androstenone trademark signature, I dont know if it has

been a coincidence or what, But the majority of women that i spoke to have been over the top friendly and even

clingy with some making excuses to keep me on their line, I have not experienced girls being like this for a hell of

a long time, so just maby i have got into a bad habit of using Androstenone every day in copious quantitys

Quote Originally Posted by Rbt View Post
    So when

do you suppose Creed (or another) will be coming out with liquorice candy and cucumber cologne?

Or will be

seeing a version at L-S soon?

Scratch that... anybody interested in a new business venture?

DST?
    Hey Rbt, I have seen some cucumber fragrance pheromone product on the net a few years

ago.

There is an edt that i use its called A Men Angel by Thierry

Mugler and in it is mint, coffee, caramel, lavender and tar. Many women love this fragrance on their men and also

some actually apply it themselves in preference to the Womans Angel edp.

Another one that i have been receiving compliments on from girls every time i wear it is called

Jungle L" Elephant by Kenzo it is a womans edp,

and it has Mandarin, cardamon, caraway,

clove, heliotrope, mango, licorice, vanilla and casmerin,

a few sprays will last all day

even when i have been perspiring for hours i have had check out girls asking me what cologne i am wearing, and even

my clothes retain the scent for days.

I actually discovered some

really good reveiws on the Jungle L"Elephant while i was looking for some Opium / Men edp.

I am glad i brought the Elephant because it is distinctive and

long lasting and it gives off beautiful exotic little bursts of delight all day, and one other point is that girls

really take notice of this fragrance.

So i can only guess that

someone will take up on the project of the Licorice and cucumber fragrances 4 men, as also mango and melon and rock

melon are also well received by the females.

I have seen cucumber shower body

washes and the like but the products all seem to be directed at women for women. I'm thinking along the lines of a

product for men to wear. Although I'm not sure I want to personally smell like a cucumber (I really am not fond of

them or their odor), the licorice (liquorice) odor may offset it. Although I'm not wild about THAT scent

either...

I think I saw reference to the news report you mention somewhere before. The main problem with those

reports is they seem to be motivated by what we call "sweeps week" where media outlets are all looking for attention

grabbers to boost their ratings (and hence ad revenue). The reports are often big on hype and short on fact checking

or research... but fun nevertheless.
    The opposite of love isn't hate.
    It's apathy

Quote Originally Posted by Rbt View Post
    I have

seen cucumber shower body washes and the like but the products all seem to be directed at women for women. I'm

thinking along the lines of a product for men to wear. Although I'm not sure I want to personally smell like a

cucumber (I really am not fond of them or their odor), the licorice (liquorice) odor may offset it. Although I'm

not wild about THAT scent either...

I think I saw reference to the news report you mention somewhere before. The

main problem with those reports is they seem to be motivated by what we call "sweeps week" where media outlets are

all looking for attention grabbers to boost their ratings (and hence ad revenue). The reports are often big on hype

and short on fact checking or research... but fun nevertheless.
    Well i am off to juice a few

cucumbers, giggle, I know i could find better things to do with them, given 1/2 the chance, hmmm better maby

zucinis, upon reflection.

I also dont know how i would smell with the cucumber fragrance

applied,

I wonder if the girls really would like it.
    I have black

code and if i remember back it smelled a bit licoricy,

I think mango and melon would be my

favourite one with a little licorice added, with a dab of NPA and some of the used zukini te he

Terry:
    Men are very

visual. If i take a 300lb women and put on her the best mones in the world. Our brain wiring will reject her. I

watch the video over 10 times. I notice the body language and appearence was more visual positive with the girl who

won. She was smiling more, red nice top, was giving a positive vibe. Twins don't give off the same vibe in real

world.

Women using mones is not effective,

compared to men using mones. Attraction to women is how you make their mind and body feel. Appearence is secondary.

Maybe they were twins, but they dress and act different.

________
    PREGNANT

BLACK
    Last edited by chicago; 04-08-2011 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago View Post
    Terry:
    Men are very visual. If i take a 300lb women and put on her the best mones in the

world. Our brain wiring will reject her. I watch the video over 10 times. I notice the body language and appearence

was more visual positive with the girl who won. She was smiling more, red nice top, was giving a positive vibe.

Twins don't give off the same vibe in real world.

Women using mones is not effective, compared to men using mones. Attraction to women is

how you make their mind and body feel. Appearence is secondary. Maybe they were twins, but they dress and act

different.
    I aqgree with you Chicago, anyway a 300 lb woman would

probably squish me like an over ripe papaya, Yeah never let her take the top.

The

pheromones sorta garnish and finish off the carismatic already set up and polished gentleman as you say.

Also i dont give much creedence to the mentioned phero test

results, far too wishy washy.

Thread Information