Close

Thread: Summer edt

Default Summer edt

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Can anyone recommend a great

smelling mens edt for hot weather to cover 'mones? I was thinking of a clean fresh smell - popular with the lasses

as well. Thanks.

I thought you had already named it.

Summer. By Burberry.
    Freedom begins when you tell Mrs. Grundy to go fly a kite.
    --Lazarus Long

Hot weather in the UK in

November? In any case, I like Pheros for any season, and for commercial scents in summer I like Aqua di

Parma or Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte, among others. A lot depends on the age group you're trying to please. Now

that I think about it, you might be traveling to a warm climate, and if you're among the young, popular favorites

are the "cool water" type frags from Davidoff, Armani, Miyake and Jim's Burberry et al. If I'm not mistaken

Gegogi (in Hawaii) is partial to Burberry. I've read lots of success stories with this type of fragrance covering

Mones. Hope this helps.

Default Thanks for replies

Thanks for your

replies. You're right ID - there isn't much hot weather in the UK at the moment! I'll sniff some Burberry Summer

at the store. I've always wondered what Pheros smells like.

Remember cologne fragarance

perceptions are relative. Depends on your "impression" and the "impression" people around you get. May just want to

sniff a few (preferably on your skin) and see what enters your mind.

I'm in the midst of a multi-month long

evaluation of my collection of colognes and other scented products. So far out of almost 30 different products only

2 were called "summery" scents by my test subjects. Most of the rest just got "it's okay..." reactions, with no

"seasonal" associations at all...

Products range from varous pheromone products sold here, to Pheros, Nautica

Competition, Cool Water, Curve, and other "commercial" products, through a number of "specialty house" EO blends. I

must have over 40 different products to go through here. Figured it was about time I went through them. Where in the

world did I get them all...?????
    Last edited by Rbt; 11-28-2008 at 06:02 PM. Reason: typo
    The opposite of love isn't hate.
    It's apathy

Quote Originally Posted by Rbt View Post
    Remeber

cologne fragarance perceptions are relative. Depends on your "impression" and the "impression" people around you

get. May just want to sniff a few (preferably on your skin) and see what enters your mind.

I'm in the midst of

a multi-month long evaluation of my collection of colognes and other scented products. So far out of almost 30

different products only 2 were called "summery" scents by my test subjects. Most of the rest just got "it's

okay..." reactions, with no "seasonal" associations at all...

Products range from varous pheromone products sold

here, to Pheros, Nautica Competition, Cool Water, Curve, and other "commercial" products, through a number of

"specialty house" EO blends. I must have over 40 different products to go through here. Figured it was about time I

went through them. Where in the world did I get them all...?????
    Junkie!!

Though I can

relate. I have more than I'll ever wear and should probably get the riff-raff on ebay. You're right about

"impressions". I've had a woman reject my top 5 frags and absolutely love one that I consider 2nd tier at best.

Oh well.

"Summery" inevitably ends up being citrus or light floral, and/or whatever aroma-chemical it is that's

driving all the "aqua/water" scents. Not being a fan of recent fragrance productions I've given up smelling

anything in the stores. A great website/forum is Basenotes for anyone really serious about looking into commercial

products. Its searchable, and lot of reviews.

chas - Pheros is nothing like anything commercial, and far

superior in terms of attraction. The scent is complex, completely natural, and would leave a fragrance-counter girl

at a loss for words. If she actually knew something about fragrance she'd quit her job and run off with you to

learn more.

Junkie?!!! Humpf.

Most of

what I have are small samples, including a pile of little Avon tear-open packets of products that are no doubt by

now disconinued anyway. Plus I "inherited" a bunch from my brother-in-law's and father's estates. Then there are

the "tester bottles" from a friend that did in-store demos... I have a lifetime supply of Old Spice. In the interest

of science I must of course try them all.
    It's apathy

Science shmience Rbt, you love

this stuff as I do.

Don't discount Old Spice, its a great fragrance, but unfortunately you can't wear it much

anymore for the "grandfather" stigma.

Where Velvet Darkness is Kissed by Golden Starlight

I am wearing A

Men Angel today, it has grown on me over time, and it certainly attracts attention.

My g/f really likes it when i have applied Individuel by Mont Blanc, as the exotic nature of it

comes out several hours after drydown.
    I AM. Out of my mind .... .... ....

Default EO blends

Rbt - Any details please

on your "specialty house" EO blends? Which ones & any hits on their own ? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by chas View Post
    Rbt - Any details

please on your "specialty house" EO blends? Which ones & any hits on their own ? Thanks.
    Subject to

clearance by moderators: My primary source for the EO items (which are actually sold as "potions") is Love Potion

Magical Perfumerie. Can't post a link as they recently started adding pheromones to some of their products. They

are the licensed manufacturers and sellers of Love Potion #9 from old song fame. They offer $5 samples (as well as a

sample bundle) of their ever newly-being-brewed products.

Some of their offerings are really really nice to the

nose. However, at the moment I'm only evaluating them (and the others) in terms of scent, not in terms of "hits."

However I will note that in terms of scent, I have yet to get any *un-prompted* comments about how they smell. My

scent testers are pretty well used to my asking their opinions on what I'm wearing on a near daily basis, yet none

have ever commented on ANYTHING I've tried (so far) without my asking first about their opinion. This includes the

pheromone products as well.

I have enough observational data collected over a few years to say that one of my

test subjects does seem to react well in a positive at least "social" way to Chikara, and the "follow me" vibe of

a314. But another of my regular test subjects over the same period of time hasn't really reacted at all to anything

I've tried except maybe A-1, and she did have a positive comment, when asked, about the scent of SoE. In terms of

just scents, again, no real reactions at all by any.

(Note: I recently bought some unscented Chikara and will be

observing if reactions are any different. If the scent seems to have any influence on reactions. This will be after

I fininsh my "scent specific" tests.)

At one time I entertained a thought that the scent I wore may have made

some difference to those smelling it in the way ther perceived me, but I'm starting to think I may just go with

just whatever feels right to me and that I enjoy, name or fame or price aside.

I know I have encountered

situations where I myself have formed a *negative* opinion about someone due to the scent (usually a little too

heavily applied) they were wearing (some smelled like insecticide...). That may still be true if I was to really

pour something on, but being a "minimalist" in terms of how much I apply I don't think that would ever be a problem

for me.

With the strong EO-based scents two to four small dabs/swipes is about all I put on (and they can

indeed last all day and into the night). The alcohol or water-based colognes are a little more difficult to measure.

Usually 4 to 6 dabs (only a realtive few are spray based, like Axe, Yes!, , Ammunition, Chikara, etc). The

roller-applied like SoE and Master are also sorta subjective but I aim to apply what I think is the same as 2-6 dabs

(based on if they are closer to a oil-based or alcohol/water-based product). My usual "judgement" in terms of how

much to apply is mainly based on strength of the scent, trying to start out with a similar "base". Remember I'm

only testing scents here, not any pheromone dosages.
    It's apathy

Thread Information