Close

Thread: Similar Scents?

Stranger

Default Similar Scents?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I was wearing Alpha

7x the other day combined with Scent of Eros and this attractive female friend of mine said "Wow you smell really

nice, what are you wearing?" I was in shock and didn't know what to say. I said it wasn't something she'd know

and she said "Oh, well find out what it is and let me know". I'm wondering if anyone knows any similar scents that

it "could" be. I know lying isn't the greatest thing to do but I also don't want to tell her what I'm actually

wearing lol.

Mod Note:Moved from "Research" for better visibility.
    Last edited by Mtnjim; 11-12-2008 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JdRod-86 View Post
    I was wearing

Alpha 7x the other day combined with Scent of Eros and this attractive female friend of mine said "Wow you smell

really nice, what are you wearing?" I was in shock and didn't know what to say. I said it wasn't something she'd

know and she said "Oh, well find out what it is and let me know". I'm wondering if anyone knows any similar scents

that it "could" be. I know lying isn't the greatest thing to do but I also don't want to tell her what I'm

actually wearing lol.

These kinds of

questions have been asked for years. Unfortunatley no one seems to have any answers. It seems it's pretty rare for

a pheromone cover scent to come close to a regular commercial cologne scent. You may have to fake it and say it's a

special custom scent from a small Boutique perfume maker or the like, or just keep her guessing...

I have found

the scent of Alter Ego to remind me of one of the Dial bar soap for men products, and there is another product that

had an "herbal scent package" that was near identical to a clarey sage EO.

I'm still thinking that one of these

days someone is going to have to march in to one of the major perfume retailers where they have trained knowledgable

noses and wave a pheromone product at them to see if they can match it scent-wise. If enough people do that we may

be able to build a cross ref chart of some sort.
    The opposite of love isn't hate.
    It's apathy

Journeyman

"I'm not wearing perfume, its

my natural smell, darling."

Where Velvet Darkness is Kissed by Golden Starlight

Default I dont give a rats

Seeing as i am the type of gentleman who really doesan't give a rats, I would just blind her with

science and say something like

" I have applied some Scent of

Eros with a touch of Magic Alpha 7 "

Attached Images Attached Images
    I AM. Out of my mind .... .... ....

As Rbt suggested, I usually say

that its a custom blend, which has started more than one conversation. Since I always cover with some kind of

scent, I may throw that out there too.

I just say mine are some

obscure French brand that I received as a birthday gift.

I can sometimes truthfully say that

it's a test sample and I really don't know. I got myself involved with some of those companies that send out

survey questionnaires and sometimes various product samples.

When I discovered that the scent of Alter Ego,

which I had been wearing on and off for a while, pretty well matched that of a Dial for Men bar soap product (that

came out some time after I had started wearing AE) I was able to name the soap as the culprit, even let people sniff

it for "verification." I could have been assumed that the scent I had been, er.., "testing" ended up being used in

that product. Quite plausible.

Also, one of my primary "scent test" subjects tells me many of the colognes etc I

try out smell like soap to her (even SOE reminder her of soap - in a good way), so you could say it's some new body

wash or other.

I also have a collection af various hotel soaps, shampoos, etc, many of which are just labled

with the hotel name, so I could just say I tried one of those. (I not only take a few home with me from a hotel

stay, but have collected them at rummage/jumble sales. Yeah I'm a cheap-o.)
    The opposite of love isn't hate.
    It's apathy

Quote Originally Posted by JdRod-86 View Post
    I was

wearing Alpha 7x the other day combined with Scent of Eros and this attractive female friend of mine said "Wow you

smell really nice, what are you wearing?" I was in shock and didn't know what to say. I said it wasn't something

she'd know and she said "Oh, well find out what it is and let me know". I'm wondering if anyone knows any similar

scents that it "could" be. I know lying isn't the greatest thing to do but I also don't want to tell her what I'm

actually wearing lol.

The few times

I've been asked, I've usually gotten by with answering something like Speed Stick or Axe where they have multiple

varieties of scents available. So it could be any one of those.
    If I'm the rubber and your the glue..then I'd probably get some, and you'd just be sticky

Thread Information