Close

Default Love-Scent.com Home Page

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Hello All,
    I just made a few layout changes to the home page; the main one being that I simplified the slot machine game and put it into a little (hopefully) unabtrusive popup window, so that more folks will play it and free up more space on the already crowded opening page. I also lubricated the machine with castor oil, so it is now 5 times more likely you will win (odds 1 in 100). On the other hand I am going to take out the Primal and Andro and put in some cheapie prizes like SP oil. The idea being that lots of folks win something without breaking the bank. Before making this change there have been about 50 people per day playing the game (only about 1% of daily visitors), resulting in a predictable winner every 10 days or so with the odds set at 1 in 500. With the thing hitting you in the face in a popup window, theoretically you get 5 times as many people doing whatever it is you want them to do in there, and with the odds of winning 5 times as great... hmmmm, I might have to change it actually. Well, if you haven\'t played it already, better do it now.

Favor: could you check out this popup window and tell me if it lays out OK on your browser? It is a bit tricky, because of the size which you can\'t change. I use Netscape on a Mac computer, meaning I don\'t have a very clear idea what the other 98% of the world are seeing. So, if you could let me know if the popup:
    A. text and game fit in the window OK
    B. generally looks OK
    C. works OK, if you haven\'t tried it before
    D. is not terribly annyoing
    That would be great.
    Since I just reinstalled the script, you might even be able to play it again, even if you already played it when it was over in its old spot. Try it.
    Cheers,
    Bruce

Default Re: Love-Scent.com Home Page

Looks and works okay with Netscape 4.72 (no win for me though).

James

Forum member Tantalus just won something from the slot machine. It has been running for about 5 hours (in its new incarnation) and in that time about 100 people have played the game, with one winner, so the odds controler is right on target so far. I see a few other familiar handles in there. ;-) It is looking like you can play it out of the popup one time even if you played it in its old spot.
    Bruce

Not so bruce, i tried this and was shut out..i wonder if the people who played twice were under different nics..you think?

Tantalus,
    I just deleted your post here. I had just finished writing a long post explaining everything about the game, and then it dawned on me that was a pretty stupid thing to do, and deleted them both. In fact, just in the time that post was up somebody else played the game over and over until he won something. Kind of spoils the fun. Have to set it back to 500 to 1 until I figure something else out.
    This post will also self-distruct in a little while.
    Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**

The way I perceive the game, only those who are not current subscribers to the newsletter can win. If so then the pop-up becomes annoying to regular members. Can you set it to pop-up only on non-member screens? [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

Agreed ! I\'m tempted to play the game each time I log on. Are we allowed to, or is it just a one shot deal?

Just call me L-O-S-E-R!

The game seems to work OK running on this corporate Dell computer with Windows 2000 Professional and Netscape 4.75.

Except I didn\'t win. That\'s why I never gamble - I\'m such a whiney loser.

**DONOTDELETE**

Oops, sorry Bruce, I tried it with the same e-mail address & it didn\'t work, so I assumed it checked that.

I really didn\'t mean to hurt your business in any way. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Btw, I was just messing around with what worked & what didn\'t, so I didn\'t win anything... I wasn\'t really trying to, I just like poking around & figuring out how things work. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thread Information