Close

Stranger

Default PHEROS by DrSmellThis bottle inquiry

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Can someone tell me what the bottle of the non-concentrated version look like? I just received my order of Pheros

by DrSmellThis and it is different than the picture on the website. Mine is a fat little globe with the number "33"

marked under it.

It does included a hand-signed note from DrSmellTHis..very nice touch

If the bottle is full it is the

diluted version. If it is only partially full it is the concentrated version.

The slick little bottle in the

picture is from the original batch. The bottle you describe is the current one.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Stranger

Mine is empty 1cm from the

bottom of the black cap..and I thought for all concentrated version there are written directions on how to dilute

it..am I correct?

THank you for your reply btw

It sounds like you have the

regular version and not the concentrate. If its that full, and kind of milky looking when you shake it.

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Thanks, David, for trying

Pheros.

The concentrate is 7ml, and you can add 11ml water to make the perfume, which has always been 18

ml, even in the beta version.

The reason even the regular perfume has a bit of space at the top is because it is

slightly larger than the original bottle, which is out of production; but I kept the amount of liquid the same so

Bruce didn't have to raise the price.

The concentrate is clear rather than milky when shaken, and looks

slightly less than half full. You should have gotten a handwritten note with the concentrate, but everybody got a

signed leaflet unless Tammy didn't put it in the package.
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

Doc-

I received Pheros

today. I opened it up, smelled it and was disappointed. I thought this isn't for me, it doesn't smell like I

thought... I put a just a dab on and was my impression wrong! This is a very, very nice scent. It's an hour later

and this smells just great. I like the wood notes. This smells...classy is the first thing that comes to

mind.

Hats off to you, Dr.

Quote Originally Posted by Nematode View Post
    Doc-

I received Pheros today. I opened it up, smelled it and was disappointed. I thought

this isn't for me, it doesn't smell like I thought... I put a just a dab on and was my impression wrong! This is

a very, very nice scent. It's an hour later and this smells just great. I like the wood notes. This

smells...classy is the first thing that comes to mind.

Hats off to you, Dr.
    Thanks. This is why when you

buy a bottle of perfume at a store, the top is glued on, and you can only spray it. Perfumers generally don't want

you smelling it out of the bottle, because the smell directly from the bottle isn't the point, and is always very

different.

I'm glad it turned out well on your skin.

When I thought more about it,

it's as you said. You can't smell out of a bottle and expect to get an accurate scent.

I am guessing that only

a dab or two is needed, as I used just a bit and it seems goes a long way.

I just received Amouage Dia and

Reflection toady as well. I tried to get an idea of the scent by smelling the tops and thought they don't strike

me as smelling good, but like Pheros, I'll have to *actually* put them on.

I think I know why Pheros might be a

calming agent. I have found myself taking long slow breaths to enjoy smelling the scent.

Most commonly I use two dabs

around my face so I can enjoy the effects on myself, making sure to rub the last bit under my nose. That usually

takes the nasty edge off my mood for hours.

I'd use more, but I like to conserve product (I'm in the same boat

as you all to a large extent, because I didn't hold back much personal stash.).

Also, I noticed the effect on my

"targets" is greater if I don't overdo the "dose". It's weird because there's nothing in it you can obviously

overdose on. There are only trace amounts of -none, for example. But I just think the effect on people is complex,

with all the analogue pheromones; and you need just a certain amount, at least for me. Once you've triggered a

person, you've triggered them, and more just opens the door to random reactions from some of the lesser, supporting

ingredients.

I suspect the touch of almond (as one of 150 ingredients) is one of the reasons, but I better not

tell you why. Just another subplot among hundreds in the story of Pheros.

Ok, I'll tell you everything.

Hell, I've already been paid. Try not to get too grossed out. A little almond humanizes a scent quite nicely,

and can enhance the natural nuttiness of a sandalwood note, as it did in this case. Everybody loves them some

almond, right? But like anything, too much... Um, let's put it this way, some reports from those who have been on

the front lines of a war, and smelled bodies; indicate it's a little like extremely concentrated almond scented

hamburger meat. (Or so I've heard, having never seen combat.) Obviously, if you smell dead, you will repel women,

but do great with vultures and the canine unit. (hope I'm not offending anybody by sharing this ugly information or

cracking that sick joke)

On the other hand, I want my cologne to smell human, not like a perfume. I want my

targets to think I smell good, not my cologne. They have to attribute the yumminess to me personally,

not just the perfume company. The same chemical in almond is analogous to what live people have on their skin as

well. So almond sort of represents humanness in its vitality/mortality dynamics, its poignant dignity and beauty,

even. It's a fine line, I think. That is the point.

Perfuming can encourage you to rethink a lot of things,

because of the natural paradox wherein the ugliest can be the most beautiful. This is another example. (Strange

factoid: The great yogi master Yogananda was said to have smelled beautifully of roses in his passing. In addition

his body showed no signs of decay for two weeks or so, as confirmed by some physician)

But regardless of the

"almond paradox", one time I did get laid with a megadose of Pheros on, covered with a drop of jasmine spread

out, which is the "enhanced" version of the scent. Try it some time for a change of pace the ladies will love.

Jasmine contains some important and powerful analogue pheromones that put an extra sexual edge on it. Amouage

did a similar thing by adding rose to regular Amouage to make the Dia ("daytime") variety you are

trying. But since jasmine often blossoms at midnight, you could very well call the other variety Pheros

Midnight.
    Last edited by DrSmellThis; 10-10-2008 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by belgareth View Post
    If the

bottle is full it is the diluted version. If it is only partially full it is the concentrated version.

The slick

little bottle in the picture is from the original batch. The bottle you describe is the current one.
    Thank

you Bel and Idesign, for the free customer service.

Yeah, I'll second that! Thanks.

To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene
    Fair Trade crafts from Peru

So, I am wearing Pheros at

work today, just because it smells so good.

I have two questions. Will more be made in the future or do I have

to use it sparingly and stock up? What's the guideline on reapplication? As needed, I am guessing, but thought

I'd ask while I'm here.

I wear it a lot too, just

because its such a great fragrance, but I'll probably start cutting back a little. Apparently this batch of

Pheros is the last of it, Doc says the master mix is gone now.

The staying power is pretty darned good.

I'll put it on in the morning and its there all day. If I go out that night I'll put some more on.

The last of it? Say it ain't

so!

Next order, I'll have to get more.

I usually wear a crisper type of scent, but this is really nice and

every so often the scent creeps up on me reminding me it's there. 6 hours into the day and it's still there. I

asked the reapplication question, as I have to go light on scents/mones as I can't smell mones nor do I realize

when I've put on too much cologne.

I bought a tiny bit of Jasmine oil and some Grapefruit oil too. I'll try

the mixing of Jasmine with Pheros sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSmellThis View Post
    Also, I noticed the effect on my "targets" is greater if I don't overdo the "dose".

It's weird because there's nothing in it you can obviously overdose on. There are only trace amounts of -none, for

example. But I just think the effect on people is complex, with all the analogue pheromones; and you need just a

certain amount, at least for me. Once you've triggered a person, you've triggered them, and more just opens the

door to random reactions from some of the lesser, supporting ingredients.

I suspect the touch of almond (as one

of 150 ingredients) is one of the reasons, but I better not tell you why. Just another subplot among hundreds in the

story of Pheros.

I want my cologne to smell human, not like a perfume. I want my targets to think

I smell good, not my cologne. They have to attribute the yumminess to me personally, not just the

perfume company. The same chemical in almond is analogous to what live people have on their skin as well. So almond

sort of represents humanness in its vitality/mortality dynamics, its poignant dignity and beauty, even. It's a fine

line, I think. That is the point.

Perfuming can encourage you to rethink a lot of things, because of the natural

paradox wherein the ugliest can be the most beautiful. This is another example. (Strange factoid: The great yogi

master Yogananda was said to have smelled beautifully of roses in his passing. In addition his body showed no signs

of decay for two weeks or so, as confirmed by some physician)

But regardless of the "almond paradox", one time I

did get laid with a megadose of Pheros on, covered with a drop of jasmine spread out, which is the "enhanced"

version of the scent. Try it some time for a change of pace the ladies will love. Jasmine contains some important

and powerful analogue pheromones that put an extra sexual edge on it. Amouage did a similar thing by adding

rose to regular Amouage to make the Dia ("daytime") variety you are trying. But since jasmine often

blossoms at midnight, you could very well call the other variety Pheros Midnight.
    Thanks for

another great insight to your perfume Doc, and scent in general. On the "death" note, doesn't arsenic or something

smell like bitter almonds?

Its interesting what you say about adding "human-ness". One thing I like about

Pheros is its subtle sense of danger, almost as if you're asking your target to stand next to you at the

edge of a cliff and hold hands. Just enough risk for a bit of edgy excitement. Its definitely an emotional

fragrance.

My experience suggests lighter doses work better too. In the first place, most people are not

accustomed to natural scents, and all the emotional stimulus that comes from them. Add to that the sheer

naughtiness of Pheros' unique ingredients, and the impact can be pretty strong if overdone. What I've

found is that if they catch just enough scent to smell something interesting, they'll be drawn in for more, like

you say "triggered". And Pheros works best in very close quarters.

The paradox you spoke of is amazing

when you add the touch of jasmine. Jasmine is sweet, heady and intoxicating, but when layered with Pheros

the "dirt" constituent comes out and you get a very earthy "let's roll in the hay" kind of feeling. In fact it

makes me wonder if you've put in some hay scent in there, or possibly its vetiver or oakmoss working with the

jasmine. Anyway, it creates an entirely new scent that's not really "better", but does add a sexy new

dimension.

There aren't many fragrances that become "part of you" in the way you described Doc, and usually its

only in the far drydown that this happens. Even with Pheros I feel like I'm most comfortable in it an hour after

applying. Wonder why.

Quote Originally Posted by Nematode View Post
    The last

of it? Say it ain't so!

Next order, I'll have to get more.

I usually wear a crisper type of scent, but this

is really nice and every so often the scent creeps up on me reminding me it's there. 6 hours into the day and

it's still there. I asked the reapplication question, as I have to go light on scents/mones as I can't smell

mones nor do I realize when I've put on too much cologne.

I bought a tiny bit of Jasmine oil and some

Grapefruit oil too. I'll try the mixing of Jasmine with Pheros sometime.
    You don't need much

jasmine, just a very very light dab in the same place you put the Pheros.

Thanks! I'll try that too. I

can't believe how great Pheros is. I also have to say, it is clear to me what talent and experience

Dr.SmellThis has, as I tested the Amouage samples and that is really amazing too. Our Dr.really knows his stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by idesign View Post
    On the

"death" note, doesn't arsenic or something smell like bitter almonds?
    Cyanide smells like bitter almonds.

Bitter almond essential oil originally contains a form of cyanide, but it is easily removed in processing. The whole

essential oil contains mainly cyanide and benzaldehyde. (Artificial almond or cherry flavor is just synthetic

benzaldehyde. So this is one case where using the synthetic form is a good option, since it's mostly identical.)
    Last edited by DrSmellThis; 10-12-2008 at 12:57 PM.

Thread Information