Close

Stranger

Default Not Happy right now (bruce)

visit-red-300x50PNG

Hi Bruce,
    I addressed this to you because I have browsed the forum for a couple

of days now before I signed up and you seem to be very good and kind about fixing situations that were unpleasant

for the customer.

Here's my situation. I typically purchase products from another very good site which I wont

name. anyhow, my friend likes this site and suggested I compare the two so okay I browsed the store and the forum

and thought hey I will give it a try so I signed up and ordered the 10pk SOE. this was on sunday june 1st. I paid

through paypal and selected priority 1-3 days. However that same evening I called customer service as well as

emailed customer service to request the product be changed to 2nd day ship. Well of course with you guys being

closed on weekends I expected to hear from someone on monday. well when I finally received an email on monday saying

just send the extra through paypal. I didn't know how to use paypal that way since I only use it to pay for things

online, I called the store to ask for help, both times customer service was not quite friendly and the last lady was

very uncaring and told me that my calls were preventing them from filling orders of important customers...duh what

am I?...so I asked if I could just pay the difference by credit card and she said fine, I will take the card info,

she was very rushy and afterwards said okay it will ship today, barely said goodbye. I was very aggravated all day

at the lack of "we welcome you to try our products service" but I said hey as long as it ships fine. But I noticed

when I checked my account this morning it still says order pending and it list the old amount...

Bruce can you

please check this order Order #42330 (Pending)Order Date: Sunday June 01, 2008

I will

continue to hang around the forum maybe but just unsure i will order again.

Administrator

I am very sorry that you did not

get the customer service that we normally are very good at. I guarantee you that the order went out second day as

requested. The fedex tracking number is 942555476669. We unfortunately are not able to change the information on the

website so the order would still same Priority mail shipping. The order should arrive tomorrow and we do hope that

you will enjoy the scent of eros gel packs that you ordered. Next time you place an order be sure to put a note in

comments that I said you could have some free gels. Again I am very sorry that you were upset and disappointed and

hopefully we can change your mind about ordering again. Maybe the gal was having a bad day or was extremely busy

which I know is not an excuse.

Stranger

Default Thank you Tammy...perhaps I shall give LS another go

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    I am very sorry that you did not get the customer service that we

normally are very good at. I guarantee you that the order went out second day as requested. The fedex tracking

number is 942555476669. We unfortunately are not able to change the information on the website so the order would

still same Priority mail shipping. The order should arrive tomorrow and we do hope that you will enjoy the scent of

eros gel packs that you ordered. Next time you place an order be sure to put a note in comments that I said you

could have some free gels. Again I am very sorry that you were upset and disappointed and hopefully we can change

your mind about ordering again. Maybe the gal was having a bad day or was extremely busy which I know is not an

excuse.
    Hi Tammy,
    Thank you for replying. I believe I shall give Love scents another go at...and thank

you regarding the free gels

You should try ordering a $2500

camera from a Brooklyn camera dealer. You haven't been rude to yet...

I've ordered from LS many times these

past 4 years and received nothing but excellent customer service. Sure problems arise but they're always fast to

fix them and give you the benefit of the doubt. But, yeah, good help is really hard to find these days. Try hiring

phone jockeys and be amazed what happens behind your back.
    "I'm just a dirty hornytoad" -Gegogi

I used to run an inbound call

center providing product technical support. The horror stories are endless when it comes to both employee and client

attitude problems. It never pays to be rude to a customer but it can be very hard not too after being abused several

times in a row. Employee turnover in any call center is huge! Much worse than anything else I know of. That makes it

a constant battle to keep the phones manned with good, well trained people.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

I'd rather lose a little money

that piss off a customer. I think Bruce has the same mindset. I make sure that my employees are somewhat invested

in the business, performance bonuses etc, its good for all of us.

Gegogi, I came t-h-i-s close to buying a Nikon

D60 today but didn't. They had a great bundle with 2 lenses etc. Comparing specs is killing me! Any advice?

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Service here is normally

excellent. But you can run into a rude phone operator anywhere.

Having worked at a crisis call center for several

years I can vouch for the stress level of such jobs. Except in my case, I was taking suicidal calls all day, and

various other crises and emergencies; in addition to regular crazy and rude people. That was the only job I've ever

had where the work itself (not the BS surrounding the work) was a real challenge in terms of enduring the emotional

ordeal on a constant basis. I often felt on the edge of not being able to tolerate another call.
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

Quote Originally Posted by DrSmellThis View Post

Having worked at a crisis call center for several years I can vouch for the stress

level of such jobs. Except in my case, I was taking suicidal calls all day, and various other crises and

emergencies
    Forget everything negative I said about you Doc, this qualifies you as a

saint-in-good-standing.

My cousin's daughter managed a teen hotline for a year. I talked her down from the

pressure 2-3 nights a week.

Guess I was kind of a hotline hotline.

So you understand what these

jobs are like. I can vouch for the value of having people like yourself to help you decompress.

One night I went

into a bar after my shift, and was belly aching to some guy about the day I'd had.

His reply was, "F#ck you,

I'm the guy who scrapes their brains off the wall after you fail to do your job." He worked for a "disaster

recovery" service, a euphemism if I've ever heard one. What a job. But he said it paid well. It was great realizing

I had no right to complain.

You're right Doc, I gave up

complaining a long time ago except for the occasional bellyache to those who care.

She was all of 16 or 17 on a

peer hotline and was dealing with things I never would have thought possible at that age. She was a good girl and

smart, smarter than me. I was only the anchor she needed to keep her moored to sanity.

Interesting how freedom

sometimes lies more in what you don't have.

Wow. Sixteen is awful young to

be doing something like that, just because -- even though she's their peer -- the problems she is expected to

handle herself are most definitely adult problems by the time they get to the receiver in her phone. She could

easily be put in the spot of making or participating in life and death decisions.

If you talk to her soon, tell

her some guy with a relevant background really admires her courage and caring qualities.

Someone in that position

would need lots of guidance, supervision, ever-present support, resources, and debriefing to do it.

The program she was in was very

well supervised, with exactly what you said in terms of support, direct, real time supervision and debriefing etc.

I met one of her adult supervisors at the time and he seemed very capable in the unique role that he had. I was

concerned about the same things you mentioned.

A lot of it was just dating, parent and school stuff, but they did

get some pretty heavy calls, and there were more than a few interventions.

I mostly just encouraged her to talk,

and gave her the kind of encouragement you just offered. I'll definitely relay the kind words, thanks Doc.

I

can say this, if you want a kid to mature, expose them meaningfully to other peoples' problems. Suddenly that

little pink ipod means a lot less. I guess the same could be said for a lot of "adults".

Find a good

organization and volunteer, make it a family affair, you'll do yourself more good than anything.

Not to leave

out the good stuff, I met one of the hottest girls I ever dated while volunteer tutoring. She ran a grrrreat

program.

Volunteering is one of the best

things I have been involved in. Anything you can do to help others is great as well as giving you all sorts of

opportunities to meet really good people. There's nothing like it.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by belgareth View Post
    Volunteering is one of the best things I have been involved in. Anything you can do to help

others is great as well as giving you all sorts of opportunities to meet really good people. There's nothing like

it.
    Have to agree here. It's f un, helpful, and you get lots of satisfaction. Taking the focus off yourself

for a while is also a great stress reliever. I think it fulfills an inherent need for us as well.

Anyway,

apologies to Bruce for derailing the thread, but maybe the customer can get more perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by djacquelynstew View Post
    Hi

Tammy,
    Thank you for replying. I believe I shall give Love scents another go at...and thank you regarding the free

gels
    My sentiments with Doc, sorry to derail the thread. Think of it this way though, along

with some free gel packs you got some free discussion and advice!

Hope you're having good success

with your pheromones, and let us know if we can help.

Thread Information