Close

Phero Enthusiast

Default Carrier Questions

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Any chemset tinkerers

out there have some carrier ideas? I’ve mostly just applied drops and (rarely) sprays of pheros in alcohol

solutions, which of course dry off quickly and leave some pheros on skin/hair/clothes. Who uses oil carriers, and

what do you think? Does that give you a different slow release? Anyone tried glycerin or other carriers? How and

where do you apply?

Lately I’ve tried an unscented vitamin E skin creme from Vitamin World as a carrier for

DHEA (I wanted the DHEA to absorb into my skin and convert). It works pretty good, and provides little or no scent

of its own. Dirt cheap, and good for my skin as well! Label says it contains glycerin and Vaseline, plus other

stuff. Anyone else tried something like this?

Maybe some perfumery experts have some tips about fixatives

that can be added to an alcohol mix. I kinda know what fixatives are, but have no real experience. Anyone have some

quick and dirty advice about perfumer’s tricks? Thanks for any ideas in advance.

King of the coupons!

Talking

Well, Irish, of all the people

on this forum, you know I have no answers, BUT! I did stay in the Holiday Inn Express last night.

Just

wanted to say, howdy and I miss your posts.

Howdy! I miss your posts!
    Never argue with ignorant people! They pull you down to THEIR level, and then they BEAT YOU with experience. Who said that!? I don't know, but tis gold I tell'ya!!

Hey Irish. You seem to have

some good pals here, welcome back.

Don't have any direct experience but maybe some useful ideas. The good

DrSmellThis is the expert, maybe he'll follow up.

Pheromones have a scent, but what's the relationship between

their smell and their working molecules? Perhaps its a direct correlation? I think this is the key question, maybe

someone knows.

As you know, alcohol helps diffuse the molecules into the air (both scent and pheromones).

Slowing that down may increase longevity but reduce effectiveness, since we want those molecules into

noses.

Perfuming fixatives chemically alter a scent to increase molecular weight, thus slowing diffusion while

allowing the "fixed" scent to retain, and extend, its unique "smell" constituents. I'm not sure what the chemical

dynamics are if you try to "fix" a pheromone, or even how you'd undertake to try it.

I like your idea of

blending with a cream or lotion. Have you tried this with your chemset -mones? I think I remember someone on the

forum doing this. But again, I'd be concerned with the diffusion question.

Also, there's a product called

Glucam P-20 (corn product) which is soluble in water, alcohol and some oils. Its odorless, and works best in the

3-6 hr. range. And its cheap.

If you have your "target" close, very close, it may not be an issue. Your DHEA

technique would have to work this way. The conversion would wear very close to your skin.

I've not had problems

mixing small amounts of alcohol tinctures into a Jojoba oil base. That would be about the same as a few drops of

alcohol-based pheromones.

Sorry Irish, this is more than you asked for but less than you expected. As I've been

thinking about using chemset -mones I've been considering these same questions.

Great questions, I hope there's

enough interest in this to devote a thread to chemset users.
    Last edited by idesign; 04-11-2008 at 06:25 AM.

Thread Information