Close

Hybrid View

Phero Dude

Default How to be an Alpha Male

Have any of

you read this book?

What do you think of it? I've seen the reviews on Amazon.com and it looks good. Kinda

expensive at $50

Nonetheless do you find you stay alpha by being verbally nice, or do you have to talk smack.

Just wondering if that would get you fired in a business environment.

I know its about picking up chicks and

being a don huan, but really how to do you stay alpha in a corporate setting without getting your ass kicked by your

superiors?

UNLESS he teaches how to control verbiage so you may act alpha, be alpha, look alpha, feel alpha,

but talk pleasantly but firm. if this is what is meant by alpha then that is great.

Anyone here read the

book?

Good evening HornyMan
    sounds

interesting .... i´m going to order the book ... maybe it helps along with the hole pick up stuff ...
    hope that

it´s available here in germany .. usually it should be and then i will post my opinion here ....
    best Pago

Quote Originally Posted by HornyMan View Post
    UNLESS he

teaches how to control verbiage so you may act alpha, be alpha, look alpha, feel alpha, but talk pleasantly but

firm. if this is what is meant by alpha then that is great.

Anyone here read the book?
    Haven't read

the book, but the quote above is the essence of "Alpha". Unfortunately, a lot of people (mostly guys)

mistakenly attribute "Alpha" with the chest thumping pushy loudmouth. That is just being a bullying a-hole.
    Freedom begins when you tell Mrs. Grundy to go fly a kite.
    --Lazarus Long

Phero Dude

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnjim View Post
    Haven't

read the book, but the quote above is the essence of "Alpha". Unfortunately, a lot of people (mostly guys)

mistakenly attribute "Alpha" with the chest thumping pushy loudmouth. That is just being a bullying

a-hole.
    He distinguishes in the book between nice guys, alpha males, and jerks. So its quite

possible this book can be used in a corporate setting for picking up women too.

Most of it is geared towards

dating and sex, as would be expected, but it's nice to see personality development guidelines for playing the alpha

role carved into a manual. That can be used in business, friendship, and parenting, let alone women and

sex.

I've ordered the product myself so in about 1-2 weeks I'll know how it holds up.

Some examples

of males I think are alpha . Johnny Depp, brad Pitt etc. I don't think tom cruise is. I feel he comes across as

a loud mouth screaming jerk whose not alpha because he is constantly teased for being a midget. Depp and Pitt

don't get teased, and Depp is not that much taller (5'10"). Bottom line screamers = jerks not alpha

males.

Depp doesn't get walked over by woman, neither does brad pitt and neither of them act like ass**les.

So let's hope this book is in the same spirit .

HM
    Last edited by HornyMan; 04-02-2008 at 03:06 PM.

Stranger

I've read it, what would you

like to know?

Phero Dude

Quote Originally Posted by theman03 View Post
    I've

read it, what would you like to know?
    Hi Theman03

I would like to know:

a) Can an alpha

male personality coexist in the workplace or will you get in trouble with your superiors? Can it get you

fired.

b) Does the alpha male personality require shouting, attitude etc. Or is it more firm mannered

requests for everthing

c) It is very practical or more theoretical? Are exact things you say , do etc laid

out for you?

d) How do you best describe what is laid out as an alpha male in this book if you were talking

to someone on this forum. What makes the alpha male so alpha?

e) what mone signature is compatible with this

"act"?

f) can an Alpha male still be a gentleman?

I know I'm asking a lot but I'd appreciate if you

could respond as detailed as you can.

Thanks
    HM

I've moved this thread out of

Pheromone Discussion to a more appropriate location. Continue discussion...
    Freedom begins when you tell Mrs. Grundy to go fly a kite.
    --Lazarus Long

Stranger

Quote Originally Posted by HornyMan View Post
    Hi

Theman03

I would like to know:

a) Can an alpha male personality coexist in the workplace or will you get in

trouble with your superiors? Can it get you fired.

b) Does the alpha male personality require shouting, attitude

etc. Or is it more firm mannered requests for everthing

c) It is very practical or more theoretical? Are exact

things you say , do etc laid out for you?

d) How do you best describe what is laid out as an alpha male in this

book if you were talking to someone on this forum. What makes the alpha male so alpha?

e) what mone signature is

compatible with this "act"?

f) can an Alpha male still be a gentleman?

I know I'm asking a lot but I'd

appreciate if you could respond as detailed as you can.

Thanks
    HM
    A. Yes it can coexist in the

workplace. However, if your boss is an alpha-male type you may bump heads. But it usually will lead to a mutual

respect between you both. However, if your boss looks to you to be his alpha male, even though he is in a position

above you, it can yield to you getting away with breaking the rules and being fast forwarded with a promotion.

B.

Quite the contrary. Alpha males don't shout, have attitude, or command people around. An alpha male leads by

example, is very polite, etc. Shouting implies that the particular person who is shouting doesn't feel important

enough to be heard and thus has to resort to "shouting" to be heard. Not an alpha male trait. Having "attitude" is

only warranted when your being attacked with attitude, stand your ground but know your limits, sometimes the bigger

man really does walk away (your indirectly saying that he/she isn't worth your time with your actions), but even

then you do not shout, by being cool calm and collected it shows that you have CONTROL of the situation, which is

what an alpha male is. And if you notice people who tend not to shout back at the person usually get shouted at even

more by the other party because the other person is feeling even more secure by shouting in the first place.

C.

Yes, its very practical. Its not really laid out in a sense that you have to follow certain rules but more so in the

fact that your whole personality revolves around a single concept. For instance, when dealing with a female, refrain

from volunteering information unless she asks. When in a conversation, don't be afraid to direct the conversation

to where you want it to go, and try to do more listening then talking. When people feel the need to talk to you its

because they feel your valuable enough to hear what it is their trying to say. Never go out of your way to speak

with someone, your important and therefore they will come to you. If the particular thing that you wanted to talk

about wasn't really important then drop it all together. By seeking out a particular person and asking for their

time in a conversation your indirectly telling them that they are more alpha then you are. So let people come to

you.

D. Its about letting people do what they want but them always doing what you want. IE, consulting you before

we go out tonight to see where you wanna go, them apologizing for things they do to you, waiting for you to speak..

just think about a son/father relationship when how you felt when you were dealing with your father, your father was

the alpha in that case. Think about the emotions you felt, how you felt when you thought he'd be pissed off, etc.

An alpha male is, for lack of a better term, everyone's father who are in the same social group.

E. I suppose a

more aggressive mone. But the main thing is that your body lanugage, speach, and other things have to complement the

mone/alpha you portray. Ex, shoulders back, chest out - shows dominance. Chin up - shows territory. Eyes slightly

closed - shows relaxation because you dont feel threatened. Also, speaking very slow is very important (not to

slow). Also, jerky body movements is a non-alpha trait. You want to be slow a deliberate with your actions.

F. A

true alpha male IS a gentleman!

Thread Information