Close

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Default Why do you beginners all order NPA instead of Edge??

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I'm getting a bit tired of reading about beginners overdosing on NPA, then complaining

pheromones don't work for them!

Beginners have no business starting off with NPA, in my opinion.

NPA is so

hard to dab without overdosing it makes no sense to get it unless you're going to mix it with a cologne.

Edge

is the exact same thing diluted to a strength where you can dab it without scaring all life forms away.

One dab

of Edge and I'm good to do. Edge is a great product. Can't even imagine trying to apply NPA on myself.

If you

want specifically to spike cologne, order NPA to your hearts content! It's an unbeatable product for that.

Otherwise, be forewarned.
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

Thanks Doc. You said it better

than I could have. I can't count the number of times we have told people how strong it is only to have them order

it anyway. Then they complain, of course.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Stranger

It is wierd. My Edge comes

in spray form and everyone talks about dabbing. Did I get the wrong bottle? Or there is another version of Edge I do

not know ?

The unscented Beginner Special

used to ship in a plain bottle sans spray head. Not the best setup for dabbing. Transfer a small amount into an old

NPA or EO bottle with drip spout for improved ease of use.

I think the scented EDGE versions have spray heads. In

my opinion the the spray is too voluminous. A smaller volume spray head like a Sephora atomizer is easier to

control.
    "I'm just a dirty hornytoad" -Gegogi

Stranger

Well im new to pheromones and i

have both edge and npa, however after using npa once ( one drop+cover ), i smelled the musky odor for 10 houres

straight and i havent used it since ! , i will give it another try when im more experienced with pheros, but yea ,

npa is very strong stuff, its the only perhos i have that actually break trough my cover scents :s

( Altough i

must say i got good results from when i wore 1 drop of npa but i just hate musk smell )

NPA is way too strong for me.

2 dabs of TE is my limit, and that's less than 1 dab of NPA as far as -none goes. I need to work out a good

NPA+cover scent mix for the bar scene. For my work life I'm staying away from NPA.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSmellThis View Post
    I'm

getting a bit tired of reading about beginners overdosing on NPA, then complaining pheromones don't work for

them!

Beginners have no business starting off with NPA, in my opinion.
    It must have something to do

with not understanding the "less is more" concept.

Pheromones ain't your daddy's aftershave fellers... ie slap

on a palm full of Old Spice and your good for the day. One drop can cause amazing reactions.

TE is the snake's

eyebrows, esp with SoE.

Journeyman

In my experience, NPA seems to

have less of a bad odor when compared to Edge. If I OD on something, I'd rather it be NPA.

I'll order more

NPA when I run out, not sure if I'm going to reorder Edge though. Ammo might be more my thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodbuster View Post
    NPA is

way too strong for me. 2 dabs of TE is my limit, and that's less than 1 dab of NPA as far as -none goes. I need to

work out a good NPA+cover scent mix for the bar scene. For my work life I'm staying away from NPA.
    For

a cover you might try the Black Code cover. It will cover NPA as long as you keep it down to .1 or .2ml of NPA.

Using a graduated dropper is a great way of getting a very small amount for more accuracy in the mix.
    If I'm the rubber and your the glue..then I'd probably get some, and you'd just be sticky

My big mistake was ordering

everything scented. I got scented TE and scented C7, and while I really like the smell of C7, it makes it a bit

more difficult to cover as you have to watch for the sents clashing. Black code seems ok with both of those, but

dunno how all three together will go...

Stranger

well I guess we gotta make mistakes

to learn.....
    Thats what this forum and site is all about?

Life is only 10% what happens to you and 90% how

you deal with it. We all get dealt a bad hand every now and then, but its how you react to that situation that

determines what happens next!! Think about it !!

Sometimes one step forward and 2 steps back is best!!

Thank

god we have you guys to keep us from falling!

Quote Originally Posted by BGuy20 View Post
    In my

experience, NPA seems to have less of a bad odor when compared to Edge. If I OD on something, I'd rather it

be NPA.
    I'll order more NPA when I run out, not sure if I'm going to reorder Edge though.
    This

makes no sense to me. The only reason Edge might "smell more", being the exact same thing with more alcohol and

water, is that you can use more fluid volume and spread it over a larger area for more evaporation. If you used the

same amont of liquid, Edge would smell much less, especially after the initial minute of rapid alcohol evaporation.

(You can't judge smell on the initial burst of alcohol evaporation)

But Edge used modestly, especially if

spread out to multiple application points, will not stink. I can make one dab cover six application points, and you

could cover your whole body with 2-4 dabs (1-4 dabs is the range of effectiveness for most). Again, if you are

stinking, you are either OD'ing or not using a cover scent. (There are exceptions, of course, like in the case of

Gegogi who has to use ridiculous levels that are an OD for everyone else). Further, Edge does not stink when you get

one of the many scented versions. NPA has no scented version. At one dab, (I don't believe anyone but experienced

users should attempt to spray Edge, since that's an instant OD for many) Edge improves the overall smell of

my cologne-pheromone complex!

Use scented Edge (the sandalwood one goes with every cover scent, but I use the

cedar "Arouser") in moderation with a cover scent, and you will have no problems with stink.

Why would you be

willing to OD on NPA or anything else?? That makes no sense. If you use Edge you won't OD. If you use NPA you will,

unless you are a freak of nature.

NPA "doesn't stink as bad" (it smells exactly the same because it is

exactly the same)
    only because it is confined to a pinhead application point where it can't disperse. It's

impossible to get enough fluid to spread NPA out without an OD. But you could almost say that if it ain't stinking,

it ain't working, because larger areas of dispersal have long been known to be better. So Edge is also going to

work better.

Some of you people just cannot understand, or will not open your minds, to the fact that just

because something stinks in huge quantities doesn't mean it can't smell fantastic in judicious amounts, especially

in combination with other things. That is one of the main principles and insights of perfuming.

Nowhere is it

more true than in the case of Edge, scented or not. Learn to use it properly and you will be rewarded.
    Last edited by DrSmellThis; 03-08-2008 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by belgareth View Post
    Thanks

Doc. You said it better than I could have. I can't count the number of times we have told people how strong it is

only to have them order it anyway. Then they complain, of course.
    As you and Idesign say, newbies typically

think more is better when actually the opposite is true. You want to use the least effective amount so you can

combine strong positive reactions with few or no negative reactions.

When everyone is getting along with you a

tiny bit better you will have a happier life.

Listen to us or suffer the consequences!

One other key point is that New

Pheromone *Additive* (NPA) is just that, an additive, meant to be diluted in a bunch of cover cologne. Dabbing for

many younger guys who are already androstenone heavy naturally may just be plain ass overkill. Period.

I'm even

cautious about A7, although it is "moderated" with androsterone (and so far I've not had any problems with it like

I did with PI).

The "grab n' go" mixes like Chikara, , Ammo, etc may be a far better place to start, especially

for the under 25 set, until one established some understanding of their dosage limits. I'd almost rather a

"Beginners kit" consist more of an assortment of the "portion controlled" gel packs.
    The opposite of love isn't hate.
    It's apathy

Here's some measurements I

made on how little NPA is used in mixes like JB1 & JB2.

I filled a 2.5ml atomizer with 1ml of water. Then

counted the number of sprays in that volume.

Using a 7:3 ratio and a mix I tried the other day. It came out

as:
    14 sprays per 1 ml
    0.071429ml per

spray

Mixing .7ml Black code and .3ml NPA to equal

1ml.

0.05ml of Black Code per

spray

0.022ml (rounded) of NPA per spray

It took at least a good 8 hrs for the smell of the cover to fade away.

I would guesstimate a "dab" to be likely around the .1 or even .2 ml range. So thats a big

difference between a dab and a mixed spray.
    If I'm the rubber and your the glue..then I'd probably get some, and you'd just be sticky

Journeyman

I suppose I can defer to DSM when

I say I prefer NPA to atomizer edge. I found a stray gelpack of edge and I thought it worked pretty well. I always

use cover scents now, and I think from now on I'll save the NPA for cologne mixes and use gelpacks of edge for

normal use.

I have been using edge and NPA

for years.

Quite simply both work for me quite well.
    Npa 1 to 5 ratio, used with cool water.
    Edge both spray

and dropper work well.

What i do is spray on cover scent first let it dry, at specific points on body. And then

apply with a dropper, on exactly the spot i have applied the cover scent.

Edge 2 to 3 drops, NPa 1 to 1.5 drops.

Also use nol product also ie soe, dr dodds stuff. Works well. cheers

The practicalities favor NPA, in

my opinion. One spray of Edge is too much while two or three dabs of NPA are just right. I don't mix but do

cover.

I too found that Edge smells more than NPA. One hypothesis is that the spray exposes more skin per

dose so one would expect more changes. The concentrated NPA is applied to a much smaller area of skin.

Plus

dose depends on venue. A crowded, rockin' bar would need more than an intimate dinner for two.

Phero Pro

Two years ago I got huge

success with a 7:3 mix of APC:NPA. One or two dabs (maximum) of that were enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ToBeOrNotToBe View Post
    Two years ago I got huge success with a 7:3 mix of APC:NPA. One or two dabs (maximum)

of that were enough.
    And now? Is that still working for

you?
    Last edited by Tester123; 12-08-2011 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ToBeOrNotToBe View Post
    Two years ago I got huge success with a 7:3 mix of APC:NPA. One or two dabs (maximum)

of that were enough.
    Are you applying them seperately or mixing them? I wouldn't think they would mix

well being that APC is oil based and NPA is alcohol based.

Might be good together since APC does has a real nice

smell to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehall View Post
    The

practicalities favor NPA, in my opinion. One spray of Edge is too much while two or three dabs of NPA are just

right. I don't mix but do cover.

I too found that Edge smells more than NPA. One hypothesis is that the spray

exposes more skin per dose so one would expect more changes. The concentrated NPA is applied to a much smaller area

of skin.

Plus dose depends on venue. A crowded, rockin' bar would need more than an intimate dinner for

two.
    The practicalities favor NPA in your experience. I'll buy that, but if you can wear three dabs of NPA

you are different than most people.

I agree one spray of Edge is often too much. But how hard is it to remove

the lid and dab Edge? Dabbing Edge gives you the freedom to cover all your desired spots without OD'ing; whereas a

dab of NPA covers about the head of a pin, and can maybe fit on your wrist. Talk about impractical!

The chest

area is the best spot for a -none product, since it gives better effects the closer someone gets to you, as opposed

to hitting someone with -none as a first impression; and only Edge is dilute enough to cover your chest plus another

spot or two.

Who cares what spraying it does? There shouldn't even be a sprayer on the bottle. Wake up,

people!

Yes, thats always a fun first

experience with mones. Get the beginners pack which comes with TE and then put on one spray. Gives you that goofy

dazed and confused feeling for a few hours.

Phero Dude

Default edge

Ok, so i've decided to use

edge gel packets.

What's the equivalent dosage of edge gel packets to say a dab or two of edge?

Also

I notice excellent results when wearing close to 1/2 to 3/4 of a packet along with SOE, however my wife says I stink

like piss.

I applied to chest mostly and got excellent results without the smell irritating my nose.

I

figure I'l use Dr Smell this advise and spread out to other location points, like the back of my neck.

I

have armani code and kenneth cole RSVP. I also have D&Gabbana original version. Will all 3 of these be a suitable

cover?

I really like the edge/soe. I do find unlike the A7/SOE I get an increase in sex drive when I take

this. It's like wow I instantly turn into a horny bastard which is great since its supposed to make women horny

too.

HM

Where Velvet Darkness is Kissed by Golden Starlight

Quote Originally Posted by HornyMan View Post
    Ok,

so i've decided to use edge gel packets.

What's the equivalent dosage of edge gel packets to say a

dab or two of edge?
    Also I notice excellent results when wearing close to 1/2 to 3/4 of a packet along

with SOE, however my wife says I stink like piss.

I applied to chest mostly and got excellent results without

the smell irritating my nose.

I figure I'l use Dr Smell this advise and spread out to other location points,

like the back of my neck.

I have armani code and kenneth cole RSVP. I also have D&Gabbana original version. Will

all 3 of these be a suitable cover?

I really like the edge/soe. I do find unlike the A7/SOE I get an increase in

sex drive when I take this. It's like wow I instantly turn into a horny bastard which is great since its supposed

to make women horny too.

HM
    The TE bottle has 100 mcg per mL phero

content.

The TE gel has 80 mcg phero content per mL

Therefore drop for drop the bottled drop contains

20 % more pheromone than the gel.

TE bottled

contains around 2 mcg/drop pheromone with one mcg being Androstenone and the other one mcg being secret enhancing

pheromones.

A typical spray of TE will give you

around 12 mcg with that being 6 mcg Androstenone and the other 6 mcg being of the unknown enhancing

ingredients/pheros.

Just for interest sake there is

a competing product called TUTH and it contains 2.5 mcg/spray, and some young users do report the symptoms of OD

with the use of 2 or more sprays.

NPA is 480 mcg/mL

and depending upon the size of your drops one drop is around 9.6 mcg with once again 50 % being Anone and the other

being enhancing phero ect.
    I AM. Out of my mind .... .... ....

Phero Dude

Default Edge SOE

I seem to get continuous

hits from asain ladies when wearing this mix.

I love the fact that it makes me horny and also feel like a

man, and I also take the role and play it out.

I was just wondering, is the edge too mild to receive hits

from those other than asians? I know women over 30 respond to more none so maybe I need to up the quantity of edge

levels. But nontheless I am looking for a younger women say 25-35.

I figure a dime size amount of edge gel

does the trick for me along with a few swipes of SOE. But I really wanna attract more than asians.

And yes I

am brown skin, east indian, but most people think I'm spanish. I also am about 5'8" and 175 lbs. I may attract

asians for different reasons. Perhaps its my own appearance, height, skin color, and tempermant.

HM

Where Velvet Darkness is Kissed by Golden Starlight

Quote Originally Posted by HornyMan View Post
    I

seem to get continuous hits from asain ladies when wearing this mix.

I love the fact that it makes me horny and

also feel like a man, and I also take the role and play it out.

I was just wondering, is the edge too mild to

receive hits from those other than asians? I know women over 30 respond to more none so maybe I need to up the

quantity of edge levels. But nontheless I am looking for a younger women say 25-35.

for me along with a few

swipes of SOE. But I really wanna attract more than asians.

And yes I am brown skin, east indian, but most

people think I'm spanish. I also am about 5'8" and 175 lbs. I may attract asians for different reasons. Perhaps

its my own appearance, height, skin color, and tempermant.

HM
    I have

just done a google image search for " dime " as i have never seen one and i am still not sure how much you would be

using in your Asian attraction recipe.

But i would

suggest to increase the TE in gradual incraments so as to get a handle of what would constutute an appropriate

amount to use to attract beautys other than the Asian variety and you could also add a little extra SOE to soften

your image and also add a bit of extra refined gentleman type of look.
    I AM. Out of my mind .... .... ....

An American 10 cent coin or dime, is

just under 2cm in diameter (18mm) (11/16 of an inch). It's also the thinnest coin (about 1mm).

An American 1

cent coin or penny, is almost exactly 2cm. Just a smidge thicker than a dime.

An American 5 cent coin or nickle,

is just a "silly little millimeter"* wider at 21mm. About 2mm thick.

An American 25 cent coin or quarter, is

24mm in diameter. Also about 2mm thick.

There are also 50 cent (halves) and $1 coins but you rarely if ever see

them. Generally not in circulation.

You can compare to your local coinage for reference.

*from an old

cigarrette commercial.
    The opposite of love isn't hate.
    It's apathy

Quote Originally Posted by terry0400-40 View Post
    I have just done a google image search for " dime "

as i have never seen one
    I received a dime some time ago in my car park machine

change as it is the same size as a UK 5 pence coin. I like the symbols on the front - what do they represent ?

Quote Originally Posted by chas View Post
    I like the

symbols on the front - what do they represent ?
    On the

front is a bust of President F. D. Roosevelt, on the

back, there are symbols.
    Freedom begins when you tell Mrs. Grundy to go fly a kite.
    --Lazarus Long

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread Information