Close

Default Becomeing Vegetarian...

visit-red-300x50PNG
    OK,

I'm trying to become vegetarian. It's all about health. I'm not worry if I'm killing a animal or not.

Indians from Amazon says that there is a rule in jungle: If you kill a life you must to eat it! survive stuff

indeed.

(funny video about vegetables rights -> http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9Smpu_JFxis

)

Well my question is: is possible have a complete vegetarian food without any kind of animal protein?

What is our (human being) stage of evolution ? I meant are we prepare to be complete vego ?

Digestive

Evolution...
    http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/car...omparison.html

Well my grandmother said to me

once time: Eat what ever you want with balance, no excess, and you be happy. She have 98 years and she is not

vegetarian...

PS-> 2 vegetarians..
    Pepper Tofu Stir Fry - Vegetarian/Vegan is great

!!!
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=03wVXoZOpkQ

[s]
    duc

Quote Originally Posted by abductor View Post
    ... Well my

question is: is possible have a complete vegetarian food without any kind of animal protein?
    Yes, it is

possible, however, you have to be sure to eat complementary items to make a "complete protean". For example rice and

beans that have the amino acids between them to make a "complete protean".
    Freedom begins when you tell Mrs. Grundy to go fly a kite.
    --Lazarus Long

I've been completely vegetarian

since 1973. My 3 kids have never eaten meet and my wife has been vegetarian since before I met her. She went thru

all 3 pregnancies and births without problem. My health has been good. I stopped eating dairy and wheat products

about 6 months after some allergy tests. It is tough avoiding all that stuff (I mean... what's left?), but I feel

better than ever now, so I think I'll stick with it.
    To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene
    Fair Trade crafts from Peru

Well,

I feel myself better

eating vegetable, but I think I do something wrong because if I do it for 3 months, for example, I start feel weak!

I've heard that a vegetarian diet lacks critical enzymes (only found in meat) that could likely compromise my

immune system. Because of that I take Garlic capsules. But not sure if it's works or not.

Well, I really

dont miss meat (such as cow, chicken, etc..I'm using mince soya 'TVP' instead) ......but fish is my problem and I

really do miss it ... Is there something vegetarian with a fish taste ?

Well Bruce what do you think open you

vegetarian cookbook to us... and post some recipes.

With a Lot of spicy/

thanks
    duc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnjim View Post
    Yes, it is

possible, however, you have to be sure to eat complementary items to make a "complete protean". For example rice and

beans that have the amino acids between them to make a "complete protean".
    I love beans ... :-)

brazilians could be called 'Beanzilian' ...
    particulary I like caribean bean or Brazilian black bean with rice

and Farofa ( manioc flour toasted in butter or olive oil ..... here in london you find it with name GARI, I dont

know how you call it in US.)

Recipes Mtnjim... please !

kind regards,
    --duc

Quote Originally Posted by abductor View Post
    Well,

I

feel myself better eating vegetable, but I think I do something wrong because if I do it for 3 months, for example,

I start feel weak! I've heard that a vegetarian diet lacks critical enzymes (only found in meat) that could likely

compromise my immune system. ...
    That is what my comment on "complete proteans" was about. Check out

Diet For a Small Planet,

it talks all about it, and has a lot of good recipes and

other good information. I've had a copy of it

since the 1970's.
    Freedom begins when you tell Mrs. Grundy to go fly a kite.
    --Lazarus Long

Stranger

I've been a vegetarian

since I was about 17 or 18, gave it up for a few years, then went back and have been ever since. I was vegan for a

few years, but now I eat some eggs and drink some milk or eat some cheese.

I have some misgivings about

vegetarian kids- it is more difficult but not impossible, especially a vegan diet. Kids shouldn't eat too much soy

(maybe just a serving a day), as the effect is a bit unknown, that's my feeling. Soy is fine for adults, though. If

mushroom allergies are not a problem, Quorn is an excellent "meat substitute" and healthy alternative to loading up

on soy. Also, kids need more raw energy and if they eat refined carbs in moderation, it's not so bad. Bread, pasta,

potatoes are all good for growing kids.

Variety of foods is where it is at, too many vegetarians just grab soy

burgers and live off the stuff. You want to eat variety, mushrooms, beans and peas of all kinds, vegetables, some

grains.. fats are important too, especially vegetable oils. Even things like seaweed and yeast can be healthy and a

very good balance to a vegetarian diet (and, I actually like the taste of seaweed).

For adults there are no real

worries as long as you keep the above in mind, no need to "balance proteins" as long as you eat a variety of foods.

It's important, for instance, to eat beans, lentils, peas, broccolli (a good protein source and pretty much as

close as you get to the "perfect food") plus some kind of grain or wheat every day, and vegetables. The proteins

will balance out over a day, your body stores them temporarily.

Oh, and does being vegetarian mess with your

pheromones? I don't think so, but who knows. I still have lots of BO if I don't shower, and according to some

basic pheromone testinng I've done and experience, I make plenty of androstenone for a white guy- probably more

than many of my peers. With a little creatine I also have no problems building some muscle mass, especially adding

nuts into my diet in greater amounts. I tend to be "lower-carb"/South Beach vegetarian more than loading up on

grains and starches.

Alot of the time I just eat stuff like black eye peas and collard greens for lunch/dinner

(I live in the South, and when in Rome...). With a little oil and a bit of smoke flavor and some "fake bacon bits",

it's fine. I also like Asian foods, and Italian... Eggplant Parmagiana with some linguini is great stuff.

I'm still veg after nearly 40 years. Feeling great. Lately eat mostly raw or freshly cooked food. Very little dairy or wheat.

Peace and Love,
    B
    To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene
    Fair Trade crafts from Peru

Thread Information