Close

Hybrid View

King of the coupons!

Talking The Under 30 Crowd

This is funny and unfortunately all true!

If you are 30 or older, you will think this is

hilarious!!!! If not, send it to your parents! They'll think it's funny!

When I was a kid, adults used to

bore me to tears with their tedious diatribes about how hard things were when they were growing up; what with

walking twenty-five miles to school every morning ... Uphill BOTH ways . Yadda, yadda, yadda

And I remember

promising myself that when I grew up, there was no way in heck I was going to lay a bunch of crap like that on kids

about how hard I had it and how easy they've got it!

But now that...

I'm over the ripe old age of

thirty, I can't help but look around and notice the youth of today. You've got it so easy! I mean, compared to my

childhood, you live in a dang Utopia! And I hate to say it but you kids today you don't know how good you've got

it!

1. When I was a kid, we didn't have the Internet. If we wanted to know something, we had to go to the dang

library and look it up ourselves... In the card catalog!! (Do you even know what a card catalog is? Didn't think

so !)

2. There was no email!! We had to actually write somebody a letter...With a pen! Then you had to walk all

the way across the street and put it in the mailbox and it would take like a week to get there!

3. There were no

MP3's or Napsters! You had to wait around all day to tape music off the radio and the DJ would usually talk over

the beginning and mess it all up!

4. We didn't have fancy crap like Call Waiting! If you were on the phone and

somebody else called they got a busy signal, that's it!

5. And we didn't have fancy Caller ID Boxes either!

When the phone rang, you had no idea who it was! It could be your school, your mom, your boss, your bookie, your

drug dealer, a collections agent, you just didn't know!!! You had to pick it up and take your chances,

mister!

6. We didn't have any fancy Sony Playstation video games with high-resolution 3-D graphics! We had the

Atari 2600! With games like 'Space Invaders ' and 'asteroids' and the graphics were horrible! Your guy was a

little square! You actually had to use your imagination! And there were no multiple levels or screens, it was just

one screen forever! And you could never win. The game just kept getting harder and harder and faster and faster

until you died! Just like LIFE!

7. When you went to the movie theater there no such thing as stadium seating!

All the seats were the same height! If a tall guy or some oldbroad with a hat sat in front of you and you couldn't

see, you were just screwed!

8. Sure, we had cable television, but back then that was only like 15 channels and

there was no onscreen menu! You had to use a little book called a TV Guide to find out what was on!

And there was

no Cartoon Network either! You could only get cartoons on Saturday Morning. Do you hear what I'm saying!?! We had

to wait ALL WEEK for cartoons!

9. And we didn't have microwaves, if we wanted to heat something up, we had to

use the stove or go build a fire ..... Imagine that! If we wanted popcorn, we had to use that stupid JiffyPop

thing or a pan with HOT oil and Real popcorn kernels and shake it all over the stove forever like an idiot.

When we were on the phone with our friends and our parent s walked-in, we were stuck to the wall with a cord, a 7

foot cord that ran to the phone - not the phone base, the actual phone. We barely had enough length to sit on the

floor and still be able to twirl the phone cord in our fingers. If you suddenly had to go to the bathroom - guess

what we had to do..... Hang up and talk to them later.

That's exactly what I'm talking about! You kids today

have got it too easy. You're spoiled!!

You guys wouldn't have lasted five minutes back in

1980!

Regards,

The over 30 Crowd
    Never argue with ignorant people! They pull you down to THEIR level, and then they BEAT YOU with experience. Who said that!? I don't know, but tis gold I tell'ya!!

I remember live telephone operators

(dial phones came later) and 3-digit phone numbers...

And "nickle candy bars" really did only cost a nickle! (5

cents).

And 78 rpm records...

(my grandmother had a wind-up Victrola!)
    The opposite of love isn't hate.
    It's apathy

Good one Mobley.

It was

definitely simpler, and less stressful. Time for people face to face, real interaction.

Bloody hell Rbt, do

you need to remind me of those things!!!

Quote Originally Posted by idesign View Post
    Good one

Mobley.

It was definitely simpler, and less stressful. Time for people face to face, real interaction.

Bloody hell Rbt, do you need to remind me of those things!!!
    I could have gone on for quite a while

but I too was starting to feel the years...

Did I mention the automobiles had the "starter button" on the floor?

And remember the fender skirts? And only two grades of gasoline? And...
    The opposite of love isn't hate.
    It's apathy

Quote Originally Posted by Rbt View Post
    ...And only two

grades of gasoline? And...
    And "gas wars" where gas went for 10 cents a gallon?
    Freedom begins when you tell Mrs. Grundy to go fly a kite.
    --Lazarus Long

Phero Guru

Default Mobley makes

us think

again!!

I'm old enough to remember B&W tv with just 3 channels of crap (well, some things never change).
    There is a cure for electile dysfuntion!!!!

Thread Information