Close

Phero Enthusiast

Default going commercial retail with their Ammo pheromone cologne

visit-red-300x50PNG
    bad news for us veteran users because we'll lose the advantage? according to

them, Ammo will be available in every mall and on every retail store's shelve just like a regular cologne.

Phero Pro

I wouldn't worry too much about

losing your advantage. I could probably blow you out of the water wearing Brut, while you bathed in Ammo.

Pheromones are main stream. Many,many Universities worldwide study them objectively. And many fragrance makers are

already incorporating them in their fragrances.

The line of crap that a certain pheromone company is on the

cutting edge, is just marketing hype. It's bullshit for Bubbas and Bubbaettes.

lol...

Pheromone

colongues were on-sale in retail stores waaaayyy before they were available through the internet. Strange thing

is... alot of them are discontinued.

Journeyman

I don't see it as a problem

because I don't think pheros are well suited to a cologne user's mindset.

You probably will have a lot of

guys that will pile 5 or 6 sprays on and then wonder why all the girls are avoiding them, then stop using the spray.

The restraint that is the watchword with many of us doesn't carry over into the cologne world.

Nothing to

worry about here, move along.

Where Velvet Darkness is Kissed by Golden Starlight

Quote Originally Posted by tounge View Post
    I

wouldn't worry too much about losing your advantage. I could probably blow you out of the water wearing Brut, while

you bathed in Ammo.

Pheromones are main stream. Many,many Universities worldwide study them objectively. And

many fragrance makers are already incorporating them in their fragrances.

The line of crap that a certain

pheromone company is on the cutting edge, is just marketing hype. It's bullshit for Bubbas and Bubbaettes.

I dont know what Ammunition is like, But your post has reminded

me that when i splash Brute on and then some A7 and SOE and cover with more Brute i can get good hit reactions for a

really long duration of time.
    I AM. Out of my mind .... .... ....

Quote Originally Posted by BGuy20 View Post
    I

don't see it as a problem because I don't think pheros are well suited to a cologne user's mindset.

You

probably will have a lot of guys that will pile 5 or 6 sprays on and then wonder why all the girls are avoiding

them, then stop using the spray. The restraint that is the watchword with many of us doesn't carry over into the

cologne world.

Nothing to worry about here, move along.
    Actually 5 or 6

sprays could be a good amount for an older type man. and a young guy would probably attract a mature type

woman.

Quote Originally Posted by BGuy20 View Post
    I don't

see it as a problem because I don't think pheros are well suited to a cologne user's mindset.

You probably will

have a lot of guys that will pile 5 or 6 sprays on and then wonder why all the girls are avoiding them, then stop

using the spray. The restraint that is the watchword with many of us doesn't carry over into the cologne

world.

Nothing to worry about here, move along.
    So true, an expecting but uneducated consumer may be a

failure by design in this case. Not to wish bad things to anyone, but it does seem to be an ill-conceived strategy.

Then again, we know how marketing can overcome reason. But that's a limited play.

Maybe their advertising

campaign will be similar to the Axe commercials. They have really great marketing, and a good product, but not very

realistic unless it's a cover for a really good phero mix.
    If I'm the rubber and your the glue..then I'd probably get some, and you'd just be sticky

Journeyman

Ammo is similar to Alter Ego.

It has a quality scent and androstenone, androsterone and androstenol split about evenly (Alter Ego is slightly more

none heavy). It is an effective product, but it is possible to have a none OD, just like Alter Ego.

I certainly agree that Ammo is similar to AE, But Ammo is very low in Androstenone at 2.5 mcg per

spray of the standard product you would have to use 8 sprays to give the same aNONE hit as one drop of Alpha 7. at

least, and about six sprays to equal one drop NPA, So in reality Ammunition not very scary stuff really when it

comes down to its low Androstenone dominance factor.

For some

of us nore mature guys who thrive on Androstenone and can use one drop or more of Alpha 7, or PI, or NPA for that

matter then Ammunition to us would be like using a childs toy, as it is only around 1.5 mcg TOTAL pheromones per

drop.

As far superior value can be found concentration and

price wise with a bottle of Alpha 7 and a bottle of Scent of Eros when you weigh up the total amount of pheromone

content of each standard product.
    Last edited by terry0400-40; 01-27-2008 at 01:49 PM. Reason: x spell

Journeyman

Even 2.5 mcg of none is an OD

for some people and may be good for a consumer product. Spray on 4 sprays at 10 mcg and that is significant for a

lot of people.

I think NPA is an excellent product and want to buy A7. I like to experiment and push the edge.

Is A7 going to buy me anything over NPA? To date I found nothing makes women hotter than NPA.

Marketing and delivery of

results is the key. If you produce and market a product that claims to "get women hot", then you have to deliver.

If not you'll fail, or be relegated to a fringe market, which will not pay for the launch.

IMHO, pheromones are

not ready for the mass-market. We all know here that they work, but the fact that there is a huge amount of

discussion and many differences in anecdotal results leads me to think that a new commercial Pheromone product is

not ready for prime time.

It seems that the marketing

campaign having anything at all to do with the product went away several years ago.

Advertisers would likely

show 30 seconds of a duck swimming across a pond and they say "Got milk?"
    Say what?
    If I'm the rubber and your the glue..then I'd probably get some, and you'd just be sticky

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

In my experience Ammo is as

good as any other all in one product for the results it delivers. Got me laid by a woman much too young and gorgeous

for me.

However the fragrance itself is too cheap and generic, IMHO, and no other product has made it that big.

So their work is cut out for them. Depends on who they market it to. I wish them luck.
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

Sometimes the only way to find out

is to try.

Much hinges on how it's marketed (like any product). Axe I think did pretty well with it's

commercials, even though it's not a pheromone product. I agree the Ammo scent is not unique or outstanding enough

to make it a "boutique" product like Creed etc. (in fact I'm not all that impressed by it). But sometimes making a

product the same as another successful product (at least in this case scent-wise) works better than making it too

far off the beaten path. Yes it's a good product, but I too have had somewhat better results with AE and Chikara

than Ammo so far.

I would think they may be better off limiting sales to specialty shops over mass-merchandisers

like Wal-Mart. The "costs" are too high. Plus it seems they have enough trouble keeping up with the manufacturing

demand for their current level of sales, and producing the thousands of gallons of product necessary to supply a

large market may overwhelm them. Just "filling the shelves" with basic stock in 1000's of stores is a challenge.

Too much success can be worse than too little success.
    The opposite of love isn't hate.
    It's apathy

Quote Originally Posted by paulman View Post
    Even

2.5 mcg of none is an OD for some people and may be good for a consumer product. Spray on 4 sprays at 10 mcg and

that is significant for a lot of people.

I think NPA is an excellent product and want to buy A7. I like to

experiment and push the edge. Is A7 going to buy me anything over NPA? To date I found nothing makes women hotter

than NPA.
    Yes NPA is good stuff i agree as have used much bottles of it

Personally

Alpha 7 is my favourite as it also produces the dampness phenomenum in females same as NPA but A7 has the added

advantage of a high quality Androsterone in its formulation that in my opinion has the ability to produce some very

real and smooth results, This is a very versatile product.

Have had some of my best ever hits with it

and Scent of Eros mixed.

Also one drop of Alpha 7 mixed with 2 of Alpha 314 is a really sucessfull mix when a person is

prepared to work at a little smooth girl talk, works every time once they get a good whiff of this simple mix .

Phero Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Rbt View Post
    Sometimes the only way to find out is to try.

Much hinges on how it's marketed (like any

product). Axe I think did pretty well with it's commercials, even though it's not a pheromone product. I agree the

Ammo scent is not unique or outstanding enough to make it a "boutique" product like Creed etc. (in fact I'm not all

that impressed by it). But sometimes making a product the same as another successful product (at least in this case

scent-wise) works better than making it too far off the beaten path. Yes it's a good product, but I too have had

somewhat better results with AE and Chikara than Ammo so far.

I would think they may be better off limiting

sales to specialty shops over mass-merchandisers like Wal-Mart. The "costs" are too high. Plus it seems they have

enough trouble keeping up with the manufacturing demand for their current level of sales, and producing the

thousands of gallons of product necessary to supply a large market may overwhelm them. Just "filling the shelves"

with basic stock in 1000's of stores is a challenge. Too much success can be worse than too little

success.
    Jasmine mentioned that they will remain a R&D company and hand the mass production over to

another newly formed company.

Phero Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lifetransform View Post
    Jasmine

mentioned that they will remain a R&D company and hand the mass production over to another newly formed

company.

And therein lies another problem. How much control will they have over the formula. Once

these products get in the hands of big conglomerates, the products tend to get watered down.

i dunno, Ammo , i believe,

has given me a great edge over guys who naturally have an edge through money or "jock physique".....with a aqua di

gio cover, it has been a reliable and extremely potent hit producer

[ and for some reason, after the bottle got

too hot in the sun, i cannot get a decent response and appear to OD on it all the time....]

still, at 5 foot 6,

[and along with brilliant hits from Pheros/A1 combination, SOE/W on bisexual women, B-nol/ and A1 combination for

the most consistent comfort builder with underlying sexuality.......].

...Ammo has really equalised the dating

field for me.... and to have that advantage become mainstream is disturbing. so now guys with looks, money, height,

build can also douse themselves in Ammo.
    luckily love scent has amazing products that more than make up for this

loss. i mean if NPA went commercial, we'd really be in trouble aye?

Phero Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by jeremiahjames View Post
    i dunno,

i mean if NPA went commercial, we'd really be in trouble aye?

OMFG, don't EVEN joke about that shit man. if Edge/NPA went commercial I'd probably kill

myself lol.

another thing to note, Jasmine did mention that the mainstream Ammo will have a slightly

different formula than the one being sold through their site right now. (possibly less powerful, less -none?)

I wouldn't sweat much "competition"

from the "masses." Just because a product "goes commercial" doesn't mean it will be a widespread success. It would

probably take an ad campaign as big as the Axe ones to make many inroads into the "public" market.

After all, if

I recall, Lure, Yes!, and Realm (or whatever it's called now) have been "commercial" for some time, and Pherlure

seems to be pretty heavily sold, but none have become "mainstream." Plus you have to learn how to use the stuff,

which I suspect most of the common folk (Wal-Mart types) won't comprehend.

I'm pretty sure that anyone here

will be able to run circles around any "commercial" user of a "commercial" pheromone product. Despite the

advertising "commercials...."
    The opposite of love isn't hate.
    It's apathy

Phero Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Rbt View Post
    I

wouldn't sweat much "competition" from the "masses." Just because a product "goes commercial" doesn't mean it will

be a widespread success. It would probably take an ad campaign as big as the Axe ones to make many inroads into the

"public" market.

After all, if I recall, Lure, Yes!, and Realm (or whatever it's called now) have been

"commercial" for some time, and Pherlure seems to be pretty heavily sold, but none have become "mainstream." Plus

you have to learn how to use the stuff, which I suspect most of the common folk (Wal-Mart types) won't comprehend.

I'm pretty sure that anyone here will be able to run circles around any "commercial" user of a "commercial"

pheromone product. Despite the advertising "commercials...."

comforting words Rbt, thx.

=)

still, it comes down to a numbers game, like dating, the more people that know about it, the less edge we

have.

and jeremiahjames has a very valid point about equalizing the playing field. guys who are already

genetically / financially / socially blessed can turn a weak pheromone product into an atomic bomb simply because

they already got all that going for them. and no amount of NPA or soe or chikara is gonna be able to compete with

that.
    cuz no matter how much more effective a certain product is over another, the effect is, honestly, subtle at

best.

the only REAL solution to level the playing field to have some rock freakin' solid field tested PUA

skills under one's belt...imo.

Thread Information