Close

Where Velvet Darkness is Kissed by Golden Starlight

Default Belgareth keeps order

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I suppose i like anyone initially gets peeved off when we find a thread or post has been

deleated by Belgareth who must have his hands full at times with the decisions he has to make in the business of

moderating the forum.

The good thing is that the forum has not

turned into a circus rabble and we can be thankfull for the good old fashioned common sense that does prevail and

makes this a forum that is credable in its intelligent structure whereupon a man of interlect may post up to the

standard of their full potential .

I have also been one that

has at times been guilty of a knee jerk reaction in ciitising the decisions Belgareth has made in moderating some of

my threads and posts and here by apologise for my bad mouthing him after some personal moderation has taken place of

my posts ect.

I realise that he has a big responsability in

the processes of filtering decisions and deserves the support that we can afford him in these sometimes diffucult

decissions he has to make as i feel he is a person who would be only too willing to offer personal help and

encouragement for those in their time of need.

And i hope you

may accept my apology for past badmouthing, and also realise when calm is restored there is no personal grudge

retained with you in mind.

And appreciate the time and work

that you put in. terry0400-40
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by terry0400-40; 01-21-2008 at 11:27 AM. Reason: x spell
    I AM. Out of my mind .... .... ....

Thanks Terry.

Please

understand where I am coming from. You weren't here when various users decided that they could blindly attack

anybody they didn't like and could disrupt every thread with useless babble so nobody could actually talk seriously

about pheromones. Before that, there were no real rules except the golden one. Unfortunately, some people do not

follow the golden rule and we ended up making a bunch of rules that I don't personally like to enforce. I am doing

the job of moderator as a favor to Bruce, not because I want to be a dictator or even especially like it.

You

have no idea how many restrictions I have on me as compared to another user. Because I have this silly damned title

I cannot say what I want more often than not, otherwise people will be whining about my being unfair and heavy

handed and Hitler on steroids and all that happy BS. Yes, I do read comments made about me elsewhere. If you look at

what I really do and consider the source of those statements you may eventually realize who the real bullshitters

are.

Actually, I own a business that demands a lot of me, have a wife, my own children and grandchildren and a

life of my own. What I do here, as a volunteer, is something I try to plug in between all my other responsibilities,

often either before most people get out of bed in the morning or after they are long asleep. And I try very hard to

enforce the rules both fairly and exactly as the behavoir of forum members have caused us to write them. There is

not a single rule here that I enforce that was not the direct result of something some member did. Those are often

the same ones who whine and complain about the unfairness of it in other places.

I am easy to contact. And those

who have contacted me in a reasonable manner have found that I am willing to listen and often to change my position,

to reverse myself. Those who attack me don't ever get me to change my mind but those who can act like a rational

adult get a fair hearing. I know that I am human and make mistakes. Hell! I have no idea about moderating a forum

and am learning the job as I go along.

Just for fun, imagine that in some public place somebody said the same

things to you that you said to me. What would you have done? No grudges, no hard feelings, OK? But the next time you

have a problem with something you think I did, instead of attacking me or complaining about it in other venues, try

talking to me.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Where Velvet Darkness is Kissed by Golden Starlight

Quote Originally Posted by belgareth View Post
    Thanks Terry.

Please understand where I am coming from. You weren't here when various

users decided that they could blindly attack anybody they didn't like and could disrupt every thread with useless

babble so nobody could actually talk seriously about pheromones. Before that, there were no real rules except the

golden one. Unfortunately, some people do not follow the golden rule and we ended up making a bunch of rules that I

don't personally like to enforce. I am doing the job of moderator as a favor to Bruce, not because I want to be a

dictator or even especially like it.

You have no idea how many restrictions I have on me as compared to another

user. Because I have this silly damned title I cannot say what I want more often than not, otherwise people will be

whining about my being unfair and heavy handed and Hitler on steroids and all that happy BS. Yes, I do read comments

made about me elsewhere. If you look at what I really do and consider the source of those statements you may

eventually realize who the real bullshitters are.

Actually, I own a business that demands a lot of me, have a

wife, my own children and grandchildren and a life of my own. What I do here, as a volunteer, is something I try to

plug in between all my other responsibilities, often either before most people get out of bed in the morning or

after they are long asleep. And I try very hard to enforce the rules both fairly and exactly as the behavoir of

forum members have caused us to write them. There is not a single rule here that I enforce that was not the direct

result of something some member did. Those are often the same ones who whine and complain about the unfairness of it

in other places.

I am easy to contact. And those who have contacted me in a reasonable manner have found that I

am willing to listen and often to change my position, to reverse myself. Those who attack me don't ever get me to

change my mind but those who can act like a rational adult get a fair hearing. I know that I am human and make

mistakes. Hell! I have no idea about moderating a forum and am learning the job as I go along.

Just for fun,

imagine that in some public place somebody said the same things to you that you said to me. What would you have

done? No grudges, no hard feelings, OK? But the next time you have a problem with something you think I did, instead

of attacking me or complaining about it in other venues, try talking to me.
    Sure Fairs fair I can see where you are at and understand that your not a bad bloke

really.

Especially considering some of the cheek you have taken

from me over the last 18 or so months, on occasions.

I think you may agree that i have improved a

little up to this day, and now i have had another bump in my comprehension and understanding I can perceive that you

really dont have an ego problem as much as some others that at times get into discussions of a heated nature with

you.

I have

actually taken the time and studied some of the confrontations that you have been involved in and can see that you

are just trying to do your job.

So you really must have a whole lot of patience to continually have to state your case on so

many occasions when confronted, I bet you must really get sick of having to repeat yourself time and time again so

as people know where you are coming from.

If it was me i would end up telling people to like it or lump it

lol.

Next

time i get sommat scrubbed i will go and do some breathing exercises and have a happy meal and then press the buzzer

and say Hi wats up doc...........

I AM. Out of my mind .... .... ....

Don't get me wrong. I have an

ego roughly the size of Michigan but it has very little to do with moderating this forum. You might also notice that

I rarely post and almost never talk about my results. I do alright but am not interested in bragging.

Yeah, you

have improved. You still have to understand that I have a job that I promised to do. I am going to do the best at it

that I can, regardless of who likes it. It does kind of fit into the like it or tough shit catagory but I like to be

a little more polite about it. In the end though, I am going to do the job I agreed to do regardless of who

likes me or who doesn't. Without trying to insult anybody, the opinion of people that will probably never meet me

means absolutely nothing but my opinion of myself and keeping my word means a lot.

You mention patience. That's

kind of a yes and a no. I did raise three willful and hard-headed daughters and managed to not strangle any of them

so I can honestly say I have learned some patience. As for repeating myself, I guess that comes from raising kids

too. Bill Cosby does a great routine about assigning numbers to the answers.
    "Dad, can I..."
    "Number 7"
    "but

Dad..."
    "Number 4"
    I only wish I had thought of it about 18 years sooner.

I guess the best I can say is that

if everybody would read the rules thread and follow the few requirements posted there I would be out of work. It

wouldn't hurt my feelings at all.

Like I said, no hard feelings. Let's just go on from here.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information