Close

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Body Heat and Phero Release Rate

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Somebody in a previous post had suggested that the primary difference between the phero release rate on clothing and skin is due to body heat (clothing is cooler). I\'m starting to believe now. I\'ve noticed when I dance, the scent of my cologne on my shirt (and pheros, if I could smell them) intensifies, even 12 hours after application. The shirt heats up when I dance. Today, I sprayed everything on a vest, which doesn\'t directly contact my body since it\'s the second layer on top of my shirt. The scent didn\'t intensify noticeably.

Hmm... Clothing application on a layer of clothing in direct contact with the body may give the most bang for the buck! Release is slow during the day when the shirt is cool, and when you go dance, the shirt heats up and releases the pheros!

I wonder if the heat idea can be taken further. Maybe, you can wear a heater underneath the phero sprayed shirt, which you can switch on to any temperature for optimal effect. :-).

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Body Heat and Phero Release Rate

Its pretty well established fact with me living in a subtropical climate with high humidity means that i need less pheros in the summer and i need to use more and spray based more in the winter, also it helps to work out etc because women DO prefer bigger built men i mean well toned you dont need to be big just well worked out etc (weight and aerobic exercise are good and also good supplements like tribulus zinc magnesium and creatine (amino acid) it makes a difference.

**DONOTDELETE**

Donald, you need to use less per application during the summer, but probably need to reapply more, right? Applying more during the winter seems inefficient to me if it takes huge doses, which are left mostly on your body or clothing until you bathe or change. Having a heated pheromone dispersal system still seems like a good idea.

**DONOTDELETE**

I\'m not seeing the significance of winter here... if the weather\'s cold you\'re likely not spending much time outside anyway.

truth,

At first I thought your idea of having a heater under your clothes sounded crazy.
    Perhaps not.
    Maybe you could experiment with those chemical hand warmer do-dads that they sell at ski shops. You could even have it working in the pocket of a parka while outside in the cold, cranking out pheros in defiance of the weather.
    Just a thought. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Oscar [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

When it comes to proper phero dosing, I think release rate is the bottom line, yet we can only indirectly control it through mixture concentration, quantity applied, application point, time of application, etc. Are there technology out there designed to release scents at a very controlled rate? I think someone suggested making a phero necklace, which releases at a more controlled rate.

**DONOTDELETE**

I can say that heat is the primary factor in release rates. It is a chemistry thing. The thing to keep in mind is that we heat up our clothes and so on, but by in large, we do not change temperature all that much. If we did, we\'d be running fevers all the time, and everyone will attest to what a one or two degree fever feels like. It is not that common. But, by generating, and dissapating the heat (the heat dissapated has to go somewhere, so entropy states) it generally goes to the clothes. I have often wondered if application to different layers of clothes (undershirt to jacket) has a big effect. I can\'t say.

As far as a necklace, I dunno if that would work from a practicle standpoint. One use? If not, how do you regenerate it? Is it like the wipes? Quite honestly, will a one use necklace look nice? I have to admit, I have outgrown the candy necklaces... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Phero Enthusiast

It is true that heat plays an important role in pheromone, according to what I have learned in Anatomy, 80% of heat occurs through the skin. The remaining 15% to 20% is dissipated by the respiratory system and with the urine and faces.

HEAT LOSS THROUGH THE SKIN:

Networks of blood vessels in the dermis of the skin can bring considerable quantity of blood near the surface, so that heat can be dissipated to the outside. This can occur in several ways.

1. Conduction 2. Radiation 3. Convection 4. Evaporation

EVAPORATION is the process by wich liquid changes to the vapor state. (Structure and Function of The Human Body: Barbara J Cohen/Dena L Wood)

Therefore, when we apply pheromone and we produce more heat difussion of molecules in the air is more intense. Example: burnning scented oil.

Travis

I\'ll take some of the blame for the necklace idea - I envisioned perhaps a bundle of capillary tubes on a metal backing on a chain (metal to conduct body heat.) Add a drop of pheromone liquid to the ends of the capillaries and the liquid would be drawn into the tubes. The liquid would have a fixed surface area and a retentive effect from surface tension of the tubes. Body heat would evaporate the liquid but the fixed tube end area would limit and control the release rate.

There are certainly more clever ways to do this - a porous fibrous substance that could ADSORB the liquids might be one concept.

That said, my experiences with SoE points more and more to a chemical or biochemical reaction IN THE SKIN that changes the active ingredients. I doubt that exogenous pheromones penetrate through the dead layers of skin to the living cells but the dead layers still seem to work on the \'mones. I don\'t think every phemonenon we are seeming is just heat.

**DONOTDELETE**

Hmm... So, if body heat almost constant, would you say that the release rate on skin should be fairly constant even when exercising, provided you don\'t sweat so much that it gets washed off? It could be that release rate is slower on clothing, but the rate approaches that on skin during exercise.

**DONOTDELETE**

This makes me wonder about applying the pheros on the underside of the shirt, which I\'ve tried only several times.

**DONOTDELETE**

\"There are certainly more clever ways to do this - a porous fibrous substance that could ADSORB the liquids might be one concept.\"

Hmmm... perhaps a patch disguised as a bandage? Use body heat to power the controlled reaction rate? A cheap energy source and the bandage would provide a decent microclimate...

**DONOTDELETE**

Body temperature is of cource fairly constant, but the rate of transfering of heat to the environment certainly isn\'t since the rate of heat production in the body varies a lot.

**DONOTDELETE**

Yes, the rate of heat transfer is highly variable, which makes the temperature of clothing variable. The variable temperature on clothing may work to your advantage if you want to save the pheros for hot dancing hours after application. However, dosing might be a problem if you want to get hits during both cool and hot dancing times.

**DONOTDELETE**

Tentatively, I\'m finding that 0.04 mg pheromone is more effective on the outside of my shirt than 0.02 mg. Seems to make sense from the standpoint that clothing is cooler, and the pheros are not dispersed as fast. This could be what I\'m looking for, though I\'m also tempted to try 0.02 mg on the inside of my shirt, since it\'s warmer. Ultimately, it could be more cost effective if the pheros last long enough.

**DONOTDELETE**

It still seems that a basic question that has not been answered is how long do the pheros last (i.e. have any noticeable effect) in either case? For example, if they last for 18 hours when applied to clothing, but only 15 hours when applied to the skin, is there really much of a practical difference? I\'d give up 3 hours of power for the more intense overall release of having them on a heated surface (skin).

But I\'m guessing there\'s no easy way to measure the staying power of pheros on clothes versus skin, especially since bacteria breakdown will vary from body to body.

**DONOTDELETE**

With clothing as well the one thing that really isnt being discussed is fibre type that is natural vs synthetics (wool/cotton vs nylon/polyester/ryon.) Another link in the theroy guys but probably the most important point for those discussing how the realise rate and time on the fibre. It varies the natural fibres are by far better than polyester as they breathe easier. TRUTH if you incorparate this into youre system i believe you might have the answer.

**DONOTDELETE**

Yes, I did post a previous observation that I could barely smell the scent of a mix when I sprayed it on a rayon/polyester shirt. I don\'t know how to quantitatively determine how long the pheros work on skin and clothing. I think you would need an electronic nose. =P.

Thread Information