Close

Thread: Maca

King of the coupons!

Question Maca

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Are there any Maca users on the

forum ... if so, what is your thoughts on it?

Thanks!
    Never argue with ignorant people! They pull you down to THEIR level, and then they BEAT YOU with experience. Who said that!? I don't know, but tis gold I tell'ya!!

I use it nearly every day and love

it. It's sort of like ginseng but less intense. Good middle aged guy tonic, anti-stress thing. The price tag is

the only problem. I get it as a liquid extract and put a dropper-ful into a glass of water along with ginseng.
    To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene
    Fair Trade crafts from Peru

King of the coupons!

Question

You love it as in ... it's

worth the investment? How long have you been a user?

For some reason, I have no drive ... "cleaning my room can

wait for weeks" type drive. I'm in the gym 4 days out of the week, so it's not 100% laziness. Does it make you

wanna get productive, Bruce?

You find genseng intense? I've tried those little bottles of Panax (suppose to be

the best of the best) ginseng ... and nada. I'm beginning to wonder if at 288lbs, I may need to double my

dosages.

I'm missing something, and I'm trying to get my finger on it.

Thanks!
    Last edited by MOBLEYC57; 01-06-2008 at 08:57 AM.
    Never argue with ignorant people! They pull you down to THEIR level, and then they BEAT YOU with experience. Who said that!? I don't know, but tis gold I tell'ya!!

Wise words there in your sig file.

Thanx.

RE the Maca, if you don't notice anything with the ginseng, maca might not do much for you either. I

would give it a try and see what happens. It is different from ginseng, but maybe more subtle, so it might not help

your problem. If you have the energy to work out hard, and from your photo, it looks like you do, the

procrastination and/or lack of enthusiasm about day to day stuff is probably more mental than physical.
    To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene
    Fair Trade crafts from Peru

King of the coupons!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    If you have

the energy to work out hard, and from your photo, it looks like you do, the procrastination and/or lack of

enthusiasm about day to day stuff is probably more mental than physical
    Ha! I thought that right

after I posted. Maybe there's more truth to that than I thoughted.

Thankya Bruce.

Mobes, setting your goals

properly is a great way to get "drive". Drive is all about getting excited about your goals, so you should have

short term goals as well as long term goals and they should be things that will make you feel good when you complete

them (hence the excitement).

Sorry ^ that ^ was fairly stream of consciousness. Basically, you need to be able to

get excited about the reward that achieving your goal will give you. Thats the way it works with the gym (although

by now it is probably habit for you as well), you have a range of targets ("get that extra solid rep on my bench

today", to,"add 10 more lbs" or "cut down to X% body fat") and you know that when you accomplish those you will

feel good. You also know that to not even try will SUCK, so its like having a carrot to chase a stick to beat your

ass if your not moving

Good luck with cleaning your room
    CptKipling

Information about pheromones: Pheromone Information Library

King of the coupons!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by CptKipling View Post
    Mobes,

setting your goals properly is a great way to get "drive". Drive is all about getting excited about your

goals, so you should have short term goals as well as long term goals and they should be things that will make you

feel good when you complete them (hence the excitement).

Sorry ^ that ^ was fairly stream of consciousness.

Basically, you need to be able to get excited about the reward that achieving your goal will give you. Thats the way

it works with the gym (although by now it is probably habit for you as well), you have a range of targets ("get

that extra solid rep on my bench today", to,"add 10 more lbs" or "cut down to X% body fat&quot

and you know that when you accomplish those you will feel good. You also know that to not even try will SUCK, so its

like having a carrot to chase a stick to beat your ass if your not moving

Good luck with cleaning your room

Thanks, Cap!

You and Bruce are right, but there's something missing. I have set a goal, but it

all depends on my aging mom. Moving to Italy has become a daily thought, and with the invites, it's getting more

tempting. Just knowing life over there is totally different and laid back, is worth the move. We'll see.

And my

room is still a mess!

Try a little cabergoline, 500

micrograms twice a week. It will get you very interested in sex, in most cases. But research it first since it can

be a powerful drug.

A milder supplement is ZMA (zince magnesium asparate). The zinc is a catalyst for

testosterone production within your body. I get "Sequoia" morning wood with this stuff.

Thread Information