Close

Default polls: favourite boutique colognes - amouage dia and gold, musc ravageur, royal oud

visit-red-300x50PNG
    on these forums, i read about your standards like cool water

or D and G, or Creed git, and then your boutique, expensive fragrances and exquisite arabian royal ouds. and then of

course the 200 dollars bottles of Amouage Dia or Gold....so do ya sepnd 200 for boutiques or 70 for commercial or 70

on samples of the above boutiques? lol...very confusing

so poll ya favourites please, - ie. whose had great

successes cvering any of the boutiques with there mones?

1. Amouage range
    2. Musc ravaguer
    3. Body Khouros by

Yves St. Laurent
    4. Royal Oud by Montale
    5. Montale Black Oud
    Montale Black Aoud This scent creation by Montale

from Kambodscha is made of patchouli-oil, tangerine, musk and fine rosenotes. Alltogether another masterpiece by

Pierre Montale. Oud is a precious oil from bark resin of Aquilara - known as Ud (also Ouf or Aoud) - oil. Only trees

of a certain age (50 years) deliver this essence.

so these r ya 200 dollar a pop products, but r there 2ml

samples for 30 dollars for 5 ouds or 4 amouages worth getting from the parfumraffy site?

7. Sexual by Michel

Germain....keep hearing amazing things from these forums about this product
    8. Pheros of course.
    9.Issi Miyake all

day roll on oil l'eau d'issey
    10. Burbery Weekend -"TE/NPA 50/50 with burberry weekend or I. Miyake make young

women twitch..." to para-phrase Gegoji
    11. Gucci Envy
    12. Marc jacobs
    13. Helmut Lung
    14. guerlain

vetiver

My Conclusion? im obsessed with DST's opinion on Amouage Gold and the claim that Amouage Dia is "the

worlds greatest perume ever created" then again, wasnt this the company shpiel?

to para-phrase DLW : "Amouage

gold, 5AE, 1 PI, 2 wagg" and basically, if that dont work, then nothing will. cant remember his words but thats was

the sentiment.

and if Ouds smell anything like a314, then that'd be amazing as i love the smell of a314.

This whole cover scent matter

keeps coming up, and I'm glad. There are so many out there, and everyone has favorites. I like hearing about them

all.

As to the greatest perfume ever, that is purely personal. Amouage Gold and Dia are nothing less than

perfect, but there are other perfect fragrances. Pheros is a fragrance designed to work with pheromones, and is

just right with certain mixes and is very flexible, and is great on its own.

I may jump in with some favorite

covers later, but I think the best strategy is to experiment on your own and find out what works best for you, and

with the people you hope to influence. I think its important to blend the -mones with complimentary covers. Its

kind of an art form, but then so is using -mones effectively.

Let's not underestimate the importance of cover

scents. I had a woman sniff me out because she recognized the scent I was wearing, that led to a conversation and a

lot of sniffing on her part, during which she inhaled a lot of A7 and SoE. I was with a date that night, but had I

not been....
    Last edited by idesign; 12-16-2007 at 08:54 PM. Reason: sp

From my personal pheromone

diary:

6 drops SOE (U) + 1 drop A7 (U)+ Amouage Silver Colongue. The babe in front from where I

was standing plus the one beside looked like they wanted to grab me. The female Indian lady customer too were in

trance. Anonymous went into trance too! Most customers were rude though.

Amouage Dia in the morning

(without 'mones)
    . Boobed like crazy! Lots of women turning towards me & smelling the magick!

The score

of triple pentacle. For a mix that truely delivers it's magick. IRM + Amouage CIEL. Was on a standby in ...

The women were super helpful. And when I was at the counter, a group of ladies were already staring at me. The girl

next booth invited me to lunch. Her name was anonymous We had a lot of laughs.

I think Amouge has

natural 'mones in it. Don't need any synthetic mones. Though they can still enhance the potion. I haven't any

luck with Amouge Gold though.
    Last edited by Oceanborn; 12-17-2007 at 02:47 AM.

Phero Dude

Amouage silver is the only one I

liked , I found all the others a bit over powering for me. But then I tend go very light on any fragrance.
    early 40's white male or or

Quote Originally Posted by Oceanborn View Post

I

think Amouge has natural 'mones in it. Don't need any synthetic mones. Though they can still enhance the potion. I

haven't any luck with Amouge Gold though.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaf View Post
    Amouage silver is the only one I

liked , I found all the others a bit over powering for me. But then I tend go very light on any

fragrance.
    Amouage is an Omani house and I think their scents reflect the middle eastern sensibilities of

fragrance. They will be heavier, richer and deeper in their overall wearing experience. In terms of popularity in

the west, they're the antithesis of the modern trend towards "light". Personally I like that. I like all of the

Amouage range, with a preference toward Gold.

Again, its all about preference, and there's no right or wrong,

with exceptions.

Interesting about the "natural mones" comment. The high cost of Amouage includes a high

natural ingredient percentage. The whole point of fragrance is attraction, and before synthetic pheromones that's

all we had. Historically (pre-1860 or so) perfumes were all natural, and wearers were dependent on the natural

attractants, "pheromones" if you will.

Phero Dude

Quote Originally Posted by idesign View Post
    Amouage is an

Omani house and I think their scents reflect the middle eastern sensibilities of fragrance. They will be heavier,

richer and deeper in their overall wearing experience.
    Yep, I get that.
    Maybe I should have

written that I liked the others but "silver" was the one that grabbed me and made me think "now why can't other

fragrances have this sort of depth and originality." Seriously, when I'm a bit more cash friendly I intend to get

myself a bottle of it. (and the Doc's pheros!)

early 40's white male or or

Quote Originally Posted by gaf View Post
    Yep, I get

that.
    Maybe I should have written that I liked the others but "silver" was the one that grabbed me and made me

think "now why can't other fragrances have this sort of depth and originality." Seriously, when I'm a bit more

cash friendly I intend to get myself a bottle of it. (and the Doc's pheros!)

The one that grabs

you is the best.

Get your hands and nose on Pheros, you won't be sorry, and its very limited. I think you'd

like it, its so unlike anything else but so like every scent you always wanted. Its so darned comfortable and easy

to wear.

what r pepoles opinions on

oudhs? /ouds? eg. pierre montales black oud etc.???

r they in the same class as amouage range?

Speaking of... has anyone tried

the new Amouage Jubilation XXV?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremiahjames View Post
    what

r pepoles opinions on oudhs? /ouds? eg. pierre montales black oud etc.???

r they in the same class as amouage

range?
    I've not tried them, but thanks to your tip I have samples coming.

Now, if you want to know

about the real thing, look in at the Aloeswood Scent (aka Oud) thread here on the forum. Lots and lots of good

info.

Journeyman

I'm a big fan of Terre d'Hermes

and Angel Men (sometimes called A*Men depending on where you live).

Hermes has a great mineral/orange scent

(that's unfortunately just a bit light) and Angel Men is like a frappucino.

Lots of great scents, though,

you just have to decide what you want to smell like first.

Stranger

just pick up Drakkar Noir

today and love it. Fragrancenet.com has any choice you need to make and they offer all kinds of different sizes.

They have lots of Mini bottles for around 10-15 dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by BGuy20 View Post
    I'm a big

fan of Terre d'Hermes and Angel Men (sometimes called A*Men depending on where you live).

Hermes has a great

mineral/orange scent (that's unfortunately just a bit light) and Angel Men is like a frappucino.

Lots of great

scents, though, you just have to decide what you want to smell like first.
    Exactly BGuy, there is no end

to the possibilities, and you don't have to spend a lot of money to find your scent.

I like Terre d'Hermes a

lot. As you said, very earthy, and great for covering -mones. On my skin it lasts pretty well though. Other

Hermes scents good for covering are Bel Ami and the hard to find Eau d'Hermes, which is animalic/earthy in extreme.

I love it.

As for Angel, I tried it once and literally could not wash it off fast enough. I know its popular,

but I almost gagged. Imagine Willy Wonka dipped in sugar.

Have to admit though that I'm not a fan of gourmand

scents. Others will love it.

Good post

Journeyman

I understand your reaction to

Angel, it's definitely not for anyone. I personally didn't want to smell like every other guy wearing Axe or Acqua

de Gio or whatever the kiddies are wearing now. I thought Angel gave me a unique aroma.

But that being said,

I know how you feel. I had the same reaction to Le Male.... it's exactly the kind of namby pamby metro thing I

DON'T want to smell like. Luckily I only tried it on a test strip and not my skin.

Stranger

I'm a huge fan of Rochas Man

Cologne. If you like Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male, or Angel, you should try a sniff of this next time you drop by

Sephora. It is very subtle, so it might not be as effective a cover for mones, but I get compliments on the unique

scent all the time.

Just curious, do any of you out

there ever wear "womens'" fragrances? Or vintage?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremiahjames View Post
    what

r pepoles opinions on oudhs? /ouds? eg. pierre montales black oud etc.???

r they in the same class as amouage

range?
    Not in the same class. Strong Oud, but linear and simple.

I sampled Black Oud, Royal Oud and

Oud Cuir d'Arabie. The Cuir is a nice leather after the drydown.

They were uniformly nice, and tenacious

with the oud scents. Blended
    very nicely but not any better than I can do with real ouds and some EOs. I liked

them, but would not spend the money, esp since Oud is such a unique fragrance which may not play well with certain

people, esp a younger age.

My next experiment will be with his non-oud scents, he has quite a range.

Thanks

for the tip.

http://www.tauerperfumes.com/website...tpage&Itemid=1

Experimenting with Andy

Tauer scents for a month or so, and the one that stands out to me is Lonestar Memories, which sounds hokey, esp for

a Swiss perfumer, but its a wonderful fragrance. It starts fresh and green but the leather comes quickly. A hint

of sweetness made me expect some animal scent but it never comes, but no worries, its drydown warms up to a prairie

wildness of sagebrush and saddle, so its appropriately named. Sage-wood... less warm, more spice.

Would

recommend for unique use and certainly for -mone cover.

I imagine wearing this while horse riding with my date in

a fall afternoon.

Speaking

of... has anyone tried the new Amouage Jubilation XXV?
    No, but sample is on its way. Have you

smelled it?

If anyone wants a less expensive alternative to Amouage Dia, you might try Acqua di Parma Colonia.

Its lighter in every way and not as complex, but very pleasing. Some may even prefer its less animal-pungent

drydown.

I get nervous lifting these

reviews from the net, but unless or until I get busted here we go.

This is from Luca Turin, who has a new perfume

guide coming out soon.

I'm sure that Belgareth and the Doc would love to have been there. Bel for the Oud, DST

for the olfactory

orgasm.

http://www.nzzfolio.ch/www/21b625ad-...06c948353.aspx

"In fifteen years of fragrance reviewing, I have only accepted one invitation to a

proper perfume launch somewhere exotic, and that was for Amouage’s 25th anniversary, about which more below.

<snip>

The story of Amouage is remarkable. Twenty five years ago an Omani prince decided that his country,

renowned since Egyptian times for the quality of its frankincense, home to the unique Green Mountain rose and on

whose beaches half the world’s ambergris lands at random, needed a perfume firm that would take on the

world’s greatest.

He commissioned the great perfumer Guy Robert and gave him that rarest of all fragrance

briefs: an unlimited budget. The result was Gold, a magnificent fragrance based on Oman’s three great raw

materials. For a time Amouage Gold was the most expensive fragrance on earth, but in recent years it has become

possible to spend a great deal more and get a whole lot less. Later Amouage fragrances were less good, (though Dia

for men is a paragon of dry darkness), and the recent Reflections were simply awful. A new art director has taken

charge and wants to put Amouage back on track. I had rehearsed a speech exhorting him to hire the orientalist

perfumer Bertrand Duchaufour for his next fragrance.

Clearly, Arabs invented luxury: every palace dreams of being

the Alhambra, every bedroom a sheikh’s tent and all jewelry aspires to being sold by weight and poured into

cupped hands. All else is merely luxury goods, not the real thing. LVMH executives should visit an Omani perfume

store. The lead crystal bottles sitting on blue silk in wooden caskets look like presents from a future without

moving parts. Half a dozen grades of the amazing rotten oud wood are available for burning. A large bottle on the

shelf says "ambergris". Full of the cynical skepticism that comes from spending more than a week in the fragrance

industry, I ask to smell it. It is top-class ambergris, and I treat myself to an ounce of raunchy oil.

Later, at

a reception under the moon and fireworks, in a crowd peppered with bodyguards bearing silver daggers, we watched Guy

Robert showered with applause. Then, like kids leaving a birthday party, we collected a bag with the two new

fragrances and could smell them at last. To my relief both were very good. The feminine is a Diorella with tuberose.

The masculine is a lovely incense composition, by Bertrand Duchaufour. "

The new fragrances he talks about are

Jubilation. I've finally gotten my samples, but hesitate to comment without living with it for a while. I like it

of course.

anyone ever tried

Ermenegildo Zegna
    Zegnaintenso?

these are the notes:

Green Mandarin, Italian Lemon, Caradamom, Cedar Wood, Amber, Iris, Sandalwood, Tonka Bean, Vetiver, Vanilla,

Musk.

Not tried it but the ingredients

look great. Looks like Caron 3rd Man or Hermes Equipage, both of which are favorites. Thanks for the tip, I'll

get a sample.

Speaking

of... has anyone tried the new Amouage Jubilation XXV?
    Powerful and definitely Arabian. Sultry

oud depth from the start, but with a lightening green flower stem.. A brush of Rose and hint of Jasmine entices and

encourages. Sandalwood begins to warm it. Not particularly seamless but wonderfully progressive in its

story.

For those who like deep scents, this stuff is a fragrance colored silk boudoir in candlelight.

Amouage

Gold is still my preference, the silk more rich and the light warmer.

Thread Information